Live From Eurodam March 30 until April 10

Crazy For Cats

In the cabin they added some sensor lights that turn on when motion is detected.   The one by the bed lights up the whole room and woke DH at 3:30.

Typically Neptune suites get the club orange bag.  This time we got a cheap plastic bag.

This is night two and no towel animals which is OK.  More importantly there have been no chocolates.   I will be checking with the concierge. 

The internet and intranet have been spotty.  The Navigator app way too often claims no internet connection when connected to their Wi-Fi. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Crazy For Cats we had those lights one cruise & it drove me crazy. I ended up putting a pillow over the area that lit up and disturbed me.  Wish there was an off switch!  

The soup your husband had-mine would love it but if kind of grossed me out.  Lol.  

I wonder if you could ask for the Club Orange bag-as you know they’re much nicer.  Can’t hurt to ask?

Hope you get your chocolates started!

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

@Crazy For Cats we had those lights one cruise & it drove me crazy. I ended up putting a pillow over the area that lit up and disturbed me.  Wish there was an off switch!  

The soup your husband had-mine would love it but if kind of grossed me out.  Lol.  

I wonder if you could ask for the Club Orange bag-as you know they’re much nicer.  Can’t hurt to ask?

Hope you get your chocolates 

The soup had a strong fishy smell. My thought was that the cats would have loved it.  The worse the smell the quicker they eat it. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The soup had a strong fishy smell. My thought was that the cats would have loved it.  The worse the smell the quicker they eat it. 😀

That's funny-I would definitely not enjoy my husband having that!

• Like 2

I LOVE that soup at Canaletto.  I have it almost every time I go.  It is a little messy.  On the koningsdam the chocolates were only on gala night going back to November.  They are saving a bundle on that I bet 😛😏.  I only got towel animals on gala nights although it seemed like different people got different things on the koningsdam.  I’m enjoying your thread.

• Like 4

Glad you are having fun.   Does Nieuw Amsterdam have those motion detector lights?   If so, I never noticed them.  We did get chocolates every night on Nieuw Amsterdam.  We told the steward there were two things we needed:  ice morning and evening and pillow chocolates.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

Glad you are having fun.   Does Nieuw Amsterdam have those motion detector lights?   If so, I never noticed them.  We did get chocolates every night on Nieuw Amsterdam.  We told the steward there were two things we needed:  ice morning and evening and pillow chocolates.  

It didn’t when I was last on it but it’s been a few years.  I didn’t find the light to be as bright as others feel it is, but it’s noticeable.  I tried to get chocolates on the k every night in November and you think I was asking for a kidney.  They wouldn’t have it for  the most part.  This month I just went with the flow and didn’t bother.

• Like 1

Y’all are going to have a great time going through the PC.  We have done it twice, once on Eurodam and once on zuiderdam.  Make sure you get up early on canal day and order early coffee and breakfast for the balcony to get the whole effect of going under the bridge and entering the canal entrance.  We were in a deck 4 aft-wrap Neptune suite both times and it was amazing.  They also normally open the front deck, think deck 4/5.   Naturalist did an excellent overview of the whole amazing build and history.   And yup, that dam nightlight is a pain….just got back from a Nieuw Statendam Neptune and they did not have that light. Have a great time and marvel at what engineering humans were able to do over 100 years ago.  BTW, we got that “Cheesey” bag also but have a couple of the good ones from previous cruises that we use…..pillow chocolates and towel animals were also spotty, think we got 2 or 3 during our Feb 22 7-day cruise.

Edited by Imzdo1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It didn’t when I was last on it but it’s been a few years.  I didn’t find the light to be as bright as others feel it is, but it’s noticeable.  I tried to get chocolates on the k every night in November and you think I was asking for a kidney.  They wouldn’t have it for  the most part.  This month I just went with the flow and didn’t bother.

Jake confirms they weren't there.   They would have kept me awake all night along with the glassware that was ringing.  I put paper between the glasses to stop that.  Chocolates are such a small thing.  You'd think they would be able to do that without a problem.  

• Like 5

Good Afternoon,  this morning we watched the excursion show.  Booked the aviary Cartagena and a tour in Colon that will let us see the new locks.  It is a very breezy day today.

Also had lunch at the Dive In and are getting ready for our wine tasting. 

20220401_124321.thumb.jpg.191e9e4ba2717701992935e5fb08d2d2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Whew ! ! !   Thanks for the heads up !!! LOL  Enjoying your live blog... we've just booked our very first HAL cruise so we're soaking up info like a couple of sponges 😉

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Of important note is Happy Hour on this ship is 50% off each drink.  I found that the bartender in the Ocean Bar knows how to make Mango Champagne Dream.  Currently having my second one at 8:30  happy hour.

I'm guessing (hoping) the bar in Explorer's Lounge can make a nice espresso martini?
Maybe when you're up there you could ask 🙂

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  this morning we watched the excursion show.  Booked the aviary Cartagena and a tour in Colon that will let us see the new locks.  It is a very breezy day today.

Also had lunch at the Dive In and are getting ready for our wine tasting. 

20220401_124321.thumb.jpg.191e9e4ba2717701992935e5fb08d2d2.jpg

Which wine tasting did you do? Was it worth the cost?

We had dinner in the Pinnacle Grill and everything was on point.  Our waiter was Stanko and he did a wonderful job of taking care of us.

Clothesline Bacon was a must. 

20220401_172821.thumb.jpg.6d705cd8c8ac07b12a6dacf3474620ec.jpg

10 oz filet

20220401_175036.thumb.jpg.d7b1dac35c9f6c4f02d18b6e6a6d767d.jpg

Beef tenderloin with lobster dumplings 

20220401_175053.thumb.jpg.26f992be37accc9abcc21716ebbdd89c.jpg

Key lime pie.

20220401_182221.thumb.jpg.137535c851043c106d2d5e48a85a368a.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Looks like your enjoying a fabulous cruise! We were just on the Eurodam (3/9-3/20) and will be getting back on in Seattle in May. If you like good humor, go to the gallery bar and get a drink from Gil... Things get exceptionally rowdy down there during March Madness!

• Like 1