Live From Eurodam March 30 until April 10

Crazy For Cats

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

Crazy For Cats was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello Everyone, now that we passed the covid tests I thought that I would start a live from thread.

We previously had booked the March 20 ten day itinerary but cancelled because of the protocols that were in place when final payment was due.  I did state the reason for the cancellation.  We received a very enticing offer to sail again but resisted until the protocols were updated to something we were more comfortable with abiding by.  So we booked the 11 day itinerary and am very much looking forward to being on a BHB once again.

Yesterday I was notified that our health questionnaire was ready to be completed and that we can use Verifly to make boarding quicker.  I downloaded the Verifly app, updated the health questions and we were almost ready,  Today I used eMed to take the test and within 20 minutes I had the desired result.  At 6 am DH was swabbed at the hospital and did not have results when he got home.  He used the second test kit and 20 minutes later he had his negative result.  Around 6 pm the hospital finally gave him his result.  Both tests results were uploaded to Verifly and within a few minutes each was accepted.  I will say that I am glad that I watched the video before actually taking the test.

We booked the Neptune category as a guarantee.  If we selected a room it would have been on deck six.  We got deck seven starboard side not too far from the lounge.  No perks were given, except for the $200 deposit that became OBC.  We both purchased Wifi ahead of time.  We did not book any excursions.  Thinking things are still up in the air with port changes and will decide as each port approaches if there is anything that appeals.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

My sister and I will also be on this cruise -- our first since the pandemic -- .  and we'll be able to cross the Panana Canal off our bucket list.  Our travel blog has been quiet for awhile so we're anxious to start blogging again. -- havesisterwilltravel.blogspot.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pegdick said:

My sister and I will also be on this cruise -- our first since the pandemic -- .  and we'll be able to cross the Panana Canal off our bucket list.  Our travel blog has been quiet for awhile so we're anxious to start blogging again. -- havesisterwilltravel.blogspot.com

Welcome aboard.  I hope I get to meet you.

• Like 2

The flight out of Boston to FLL was uneventful and we had the middle seat open!  Once we landed we called the hotel for their shuttle and we’re checked into the Four Points by Sheraton by 2.  We find the location convenient for a quick trip to CVS, which we already did today and it’s a short walk to the shops.

Around 3 we walked over to La Bamba for late lunch/early dinner.  It was really good food and the prices were reasonable.  Pictures to follow.

After that we were both a bit tired so relaxed at the hotel. (Mona was very insistent on her overnight pets)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bucketlist22 said:

My DH and I are on this cruise too. First cruise in way too many years. Very excited to be going on this itinerary. Bucket list places for us. 7 hours and counting till embarking 😃

Welcome aboard.  I watched our vacation home arrive this morning.

• Like 10

Getting ready to get on road and head to port.  What a beautiful day to be cruising... (actually, everyday is a beautiful day to cruise lol).

Saw her come in this morning.  Was checking out our wrap balcony.  Can't wait.

• Like 4