Did I get a good deal on Crown Loft Suite?

14 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

Normally I see the crown loft suite for 10k+ for 6+ nights.

I just booked a 8 night on the Harmony of the Seas in November for $6,100 in the crown loft suite. 2 adults and 2 kids. 

What’s your thoughts?

That is a good deal.  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

I just booked a 8 night on the Harmony of the Seas in November for $6,100 in the crown loft suite. 2 adults and 2 kids. 

What’s your thoughts?

Ballpark 100 a day per person for a regular cabin and 200 per day for a suite is a decent metric to start with.  Obviously a lot of variance with time of year, how many are in the cabin, type of suite or cabin, etc.  

So in your case you are in a suite for under the 200 mark per person per day and it isn’t the bottom tier suite so that makes it even better.  Could your price be beat?   I’m sure it has been.  But to me getting it for 8 nights at that price is definitely into the bargain price range and I would feel pretty good about it.  

• Like 1

id say good price. my first CLS on oasis i paid 2900 pp and got 650 OBC and current CLS was 2700 with 500 OBC

id never pay 10K for Cls no matter how much i love that cabin. id need to be in star class to justify that price. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

What’s your thoughts?

Yes, that sounds good for eight nights for four people. And it would also depend on the type of CL and location (we always choose the more private side-facing vs. looking at the sports courts).

We had four in a CL on Symphony last August for around that price, but that was only 6 nights. We have a CL on Allure for eight nights coming up in April, and paid about $5200 for two people, so we're quite happy with that.

And I agree with @luckyinpa above... to pay too much more than that we would need to be in Star class.  

Edited by TheInnocentAge

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

If you are happy with it, than it was a good price.  Personnally, I try for the cheapest window/balcony I can get and my kids slept on a lumpy pull out couch

Your poor kids.  Mine get to sleep on a lumpy pull out couch in a suite.

26 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Your poor kids.  Mine get to sleep on a lumpy pull out couch in a suite.

My poor kids - who are all adults now - have to sleep in their own beds as we typically cruise alone now.....😉

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

You got a terrible deal, unless you were just looking for an opportunity to boast about your great deal.

What are you even talking about? It was a legitimate question to the forum if my deal was good.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pandabear90 said:

What are you even talking about? It was a legitimate question to the forum if my deal was good.

1500.00 a head for a crown loft sounds like a good deal to me.

Enjoy the suite and the cruise .🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pandabear90 said:

He's just teasing you. 

$6,100 for 8 nights for 4 people in a CLS is a great price, and it is nice of you to let others here know a price like this is available on Harmony this November.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

What’s your thoughts?

That’s a good price on Harmony, especially on an 8 night cruise. The last three CLS we had on Harmony - one just before the shutdown and two since ran us ~$6,700 for the two of us for 7 night cruises.

Edited by orville99

PandaBear, suspect we're on the same cruise and may be neighbors -- November 26th sailing?  

Our last cruise on Symphony we won a royal up bid to go from JS to CLS.  Hard to go back now (I suspect this part of RCL's strategy regarding Royal Up!)

8 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

What’s your thoughts?

I think it was $6300 on my December Harmony sailing.  No, I didn’t book it. 🤣

5 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

You know what, you're right.  I went back and reread it, and the post is just nasty.  Enjoy the room, it is a good deal.  We have only come close on a TA, and those prices are usually cheaper anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, uncwmark said:

PandaBear, suspect we're on the same cruise and may be neighbors -- November 26th sailing?  

Our last cruise on Symphony we won a royal up bid to go from JS to CLS.  Hard to go back now (I suspect this part of RCL's strategy regarding Royal Up!)

Yoooooo! Yes it is hahaha! What room # are you?

27 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

You know what, you're right.  I went back and reread it, and the post is just nasty.  Enjoy the room, it is a good deal.  We have only come close on a TA, and those prices are usually cheaper anyway.

It’s okay, appreciate the response back. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Ah, sounds like the kids sail free deal is working for you.  I think that would have cost about $1600 more if your kids has been 18 or over.  Enjoy them while they are young and have fun.

Yes most definitely. We’re expecting in May. So the baby better not be late otherwise we’ll have to switch cruises hahaha. Sail date is about a day or 2 after the baby is supposed to be 6 months old. 

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Ah, sounds like the kids sail free deal is working for you.  I think that would have cost about $1600 more if your kids has been 18 or over.  Enjoy them while they are young and have fun.

I think it is over 12.  So teenage kids don’t count for that promotion if I’m not mistaken.  

40 minutes ago, Pandabear90 said:

Yes most definitely. We’re expecting in May. So the baby better not be late otherwise we’ll have to switch cruises hahaha. Sail date is about a day or 2 after the baby is supposed to be 6 months old. 

That is a tight window.  My daughter sailed the day she was 6 months old.  Just happened to time out that way.  So she was most likely the youngest passenger on that cruise.  She will never be able to say that again on Royal.  Maybe Holland for the next 10-20 years.  😂😂

19 minutes ago, topnole said:

I think it is over 12.  So teenage kids don’t count for that promotion if I’m not mistaken.  

Oh, thank for the correction.  No youngsters yet in my household, as you would guess.   Not only do I have trouble with Royal Math, I also have trouble with Royal Vocabulary, LOL.