Elite

ROYALBOY

5 hours ago, TFree said:

I guess I was not looking at the complete list of benefits.  I now see that there is a 10% Elite spa discount.

Tom & Judy

Which makes the spa merely WAY overpriced. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

The Elite Coffee House Style breakfast in Tuscan is worth having - very relaxed away from the crowds in the buffet and great views over the stern. 

Just imagine you now only need another 450 points to reach Elite + where you will get a second free bag of laundry each.

So what the heck is a "coffee house style breakfast"? I read that and I'm thinking back to the bacon egg and cheese sandwich they nuked for us at Starbucks. 

2 hours ago, D C said:

So what the heck is a "coffee house style breakfast"? I read that and I'm thinking back to the bacon egg and cheese sandwich they nuked for us at Starbucks. 

It mostly specialty coffees, fruit, pastry, and bagels.  You can also get like a breakfast charcuterie board with cheese and salmon.

It’s nice and quiet, but not as useful with the Premium package where you can just go to Cafe Bacio.  I like the chocolate croissants so we often go there for those.

8 hours ago, TFree said:

Are you Elite Plus?  I was not aware of any discount on spa services for us mere Elites.

Tom & Judy

We’re mere Elites 😂too, but it’s fun that we’re also named Tom & Judy!  From Oregon.

5 hours ago, D C said:

It used to be a buffet, but more recently it’s been various plated versions.

My husband and I shared the Ultimate platter, but there is also a cheese and fruit platter.

89AA9429-2F2A-4120-8A81-27A1CB4DA3A8.thumb.jpeg.faf8afab55e0136ef7b993d85d27ee3e.jpeg

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

It used to be a buffet, but more recently it’s been various plated versions.

My husband and I shared the Ultimate platter, but there is also a cheese and fruit platter.

89AA9429-2F2A-4120-8A81-27A1CB4DA3A8.thumb.jpeg.faf8afab55e0136ef7b993d85d27ee3e.jpeg

Plated but not just "set" plates they will make it any way you want. My choice a mixed fruit plate, a plate with 4 plain croissants and marmalade, also great smoothies ( mixed berries are good) and orange juice If you ask nicely they will do toast (not it it's very busy). 

18 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Pretty much. And no Persian Garden on e-class ships. 

I was recently on a 7 night Edge cruise and even with Elite status I was not allowed access to the Spa as the E class of ships are under a different contract to the S class. That's pretty crappy,  the only benefit is the free bag of laundry IMO.  Those benefits need to be updated but unfortunately will not happen. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the penguins said:

The Elite Coffee House Style breakfast in Tuscan is worth having - very relaxed away from the crowds in the buffet and great views over the stern. 

Just imagine you now only need another 450 points to reach Elite + where you will get a second free bag of laundry each.

Not seeing that on the elite benefits list.  Been elite for awhile and never heard (or used) that bennie.

Back in the day, before AI, the main benefit was the Elite Happy Hour.  We would collect our tiny coupons voraciously and carry them around all day til the clock struck 5 and we could begin imbibing! Although we were given three coupons, there always seemed to be someone with extras to share.  My DH, for example, doesn't drink alcohol.  So there was always someone willing to buy him a diet coke and them use his coupon for one last appletini!  Those were fun days.  We used to have 20+ people gathered at the Sunset Bar every afternoon. I'm sure other cruisers thought we were obnoxious hogging all those seats but we sure had a great time! Many of us are booked on the upcoming Apex TA--I seriously cannot wait!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Not seeing that on the elite benefits list.  Been elite for awhile and never heard (or used) that bennie.

Where have you been? That has always been one of the Elite benefits. It just wasn't called that in the past. First listed benefit for Elite tier.

Screenshot_20220406-094838.png

19 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Those benefits need to be updated but unfortunately will not happen. 

Agree-- 

LOL-- When we " graduated " to Elite , I thought WE hit the jackpot on Celebrity ---- until, ----

We went to the Sky Lounge ( diet coke, 14 appetizers , etc ), couldn't find a seat , the appetizers were all gone, and the Hostess whispered " Pinboy, 99% of the Guests are Elite or higher ". 

Talk about getting " deflated " ! 

Oh well, all those great perks ( ??? ) are built into the price(s ) we've paid over the years anyway.

( I should have complained at GR and probably ( ?? ) would have received a 5 night Specialty restaurant dining package compliments of ---- etc. ).

13 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Where have you been? That has always been one of the Elite benefits. It just wasn't called that in the past. First listed benefit for Elite tier.

Screenshot_20220406-094838.png

Well duh...reading is fundamental. I stopped at the the first line. 😄

21 hours ago, D C said:

Its actually a very nice Continental Breakfast plus, been around for many years.

9 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I was recently on a 7 night Edge cruise and even with Elite status I was not allowed access to the Spa as the E class of ships are under a different contract to the S class. That's pretty crappy,  the only benefit is the free bag of laundry IMO.  Those benefits need to be updated but unfortunately will not happen. 

They are under a different contract and of course changed the name so technically you don't get the perk because Persian Gardens doesn't exist on E class ships.  Even have it on the web site now.

he Persian Garden

For thousands of years, people have found that moving water and temperature variations provide relief for muscle and joint issues, speed the release of toxins from the body and promote deep relaxation. The Persian Garden pass includes use of the aquatherapy environments from aromatic steam to tropical rain showers for a rejuvenating experience. AquaClass® guests enjoy unlimited access to The Persian Garden. Available on Millennium Series and Solstice Series ships.

19 hours ago, mac66 said:

Well duh...reading is fundamental. I stopped at the the first line. 😄

Another benefit of the breakfast is that the Captains Club Host attends every day (or at least they should and usually do) which gives the opportunity to chat, raise issues or make an appointment to see them in their office later. The number of people taking the breakfast various and on TA's it is so popular it often spills over into Qsine.

10 hours ago, dkjretired said:

They are under a different contract and of course changed the name so technically you don't get the perk because Persian Gardens doesn't exist on E class ships.  Even have it on the web site now.

he Persian Garden

For thousands of years, people have found that moving water and temperature variations provide relief for muscle and joint issues, speed the release of toxins from the body and promote deep relaxation. The Persian Garden pass includes use of the aquatherapy environments from aromatic steam to tropical rain showers for a rejuvenating experience. AquaClass® guests enjoy unlimited access to The Persian Garden. Available on Millennium Series and Solstice Series ships.

Did you organise a pre boarding dinner in Vancouver before a Transpacific to Shanghai? Another cruise with a great Roll Call. 

21 hours ago, CathyCruises said:

Back in the day, before AI, the main benefit was the Elite Happy Hour.  We would collect our tiny coupons voraciously and carry them around all day til the clock struck 5 and we could begin imbibing! Although we were given three coupons, there always seemed to be someone with extras to share.  My DH, for example, doesn't drink alcohol.  So there was always someone willing to buy him a diet coke and them use his coupon for one last appletini!  Those were fun days.  We used to have 20+ people gathered at the Sunset Bar every afternoon. I'm sure other cruisers thought we were obnoxious hogging all those seats but we sure had a great time! Many of us are booked on the upcoming Apex TA--I seriously cannot wait!

Those were the days my friend , also the meeting in the morning for 2nd breakfast at Elite breakfast to plan our day 

extra coupons you say , even is we did not use them we gave them to the servers so they would get the tip for the day 

AAC1245F-5663-42B2-9600-DB72D6555608.jpeg