Celebrity Beyond

ncgolferette

We did a maiden voyage cruise many years ago on a different ship with a sister line and found plusses and minuses with the experience.  The ship of course was brand new and we were the first passengers to experience the staterooms and venues on board, which was very nice. They also gave a commemorative book detailing the development and launch of the new ship to each stateroom, which was also very nice and not expected.

However, much of the crew was new and still in their learning curve which impacted their service levels somewhat. Not a bad experience but just some crewmembers a bit unsure of themselves.   Not that this will happen on your cruise, but the senior member of the company at the time was also on board to celebrate part of the cruise, which had a number of the crew also rather guarded instead of their typical more relaxed atmosphere. He and his family left the ship at one of the ports of call, and things seemed more relaxed after that.

I would do this again if the opportunity arose and it was a ship I was interested in.  The experience was more positive than not, so I am certainly not trying to diminish your enthusiasm.  It just was a mixed experience that I attribute to it being the first sailing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

We're booked on the inaugural sailing out of Southampton! Can't wait! 

Some of the crew from the Silhouette last year are transferring to the Beyond, so hopefully not everyone will be new and still learning. 

Looking forward to hearing Captain Kate's daily update from the bridge!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

Some of the crew from the Silhouette last year are transferring to the Beyond, so hopefully not everyone will be new and still learning. 

Do you know which Silhouette crew have transferred?

We had a great "staycation" cruise on Silly last year, and we're now counting down the days to the Beyond inaugural

14 minutes ago, Londoncruising1971 said:

Do you know which Silhouette crew have transferred?

We had a great "staycation" cruise on Silly last year, and we're now counting down the days to the Beyond inaugural

I've been told by crew on board a cruise (who were transferring to a newly launched ship) that when a new ship is launched that some crew in all positions from different ships will transfer to the new ship to provide some degree of experience at all levels.  In that manner no one ship is too depleted with transferring crew, as they too would need to be replaced. 

As with any company expansion, the rest would be recent or new hires with varying degrees of training and experience.  I think it would be difficult to know which crew from any given ship would be transferring to a new ship as a result.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

49 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

When we were on Edge last year Captain Kate did trivia game and team that won got a picture with her and her cat 😁, I hope she is still on for our cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

more info concerning the ship’s delivery.  I have to say I’m not getting the elephant.

https://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/celebrity-cruises-takes-delivery-of-celebrity-beyond-1

The elephant is standing on the back of a human, from my understanding its man holding the weight of elephant on his shoulders, with the last two years there has been a lot of weight on folks shoulders and Celebrity figured it was appropriate for its first post covid new ship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

You are in Hampshire? We spent a week+ wandering Cornwall and then near Southampton prior to a TA. We stayed in the Hampshire Hog in Clanfield for a few days and visited the Butser Ancient Farm. Fantastic area.  I thinks that’s all a bit east of you? 

We also spent a few days prior to another Southampton cruise in Winchester. hope to enjoy it all again.

We’d booked an Edge TA in Oct ‘22 out of Roma and then realized we’d had Loved to move over to the Beyond but too late for the SRs we wanted. 

you are soooo lucky. New ship, E-Class, and Capt Kate! Oh, and near your home (I think)!

den

50 minutes ago, hcat said:

The pool in the photo did not seem  much diff than EDGE....hope there are other differences.

While the pool itself isn't much different it's the surrounding pooldeck that's changed drastically. There's new sunken seating and the entrances to the cabanas are facing the pool. The pooldeck itself is larger.

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

While the pool itself isn't much different it's the surrounding pooldeck that's changed drastically. There's new sunken seating and the entrances to the cabanas are facing the pool. The pooldeck itself is larger.

Thanks..looking forward to it..just a short cruise..toes back in the water so to speak! Any info about the spa area?