Cabin #1054 on Radiance class ships

This is driving me nuts.  We purchased a suite guarantee and got stuck with cabin #1054 on Jewel OTS out of Amsterdam.  It has 2 bedrooms, and is huge.  My problem, NO BALCONY.  From what I've been able to research, this used to be the concierge club. 

RCI refuses to call it a GS, and won't allow me to switch because of the weird cabin category YT.

I don't want this cabin.  Feels like a catch-22.

• Thanks 1

Yes...this used to be the CL. Wouldn't your suite guarantee have more than likely given you a JS. Cabin #1054 has GS perks I believe so RCI would consider this an upgrade. 

I realize no balcony...but...it is a nice big cabin with perks. I would keep it over a JS if no GS is available. More than likely if you're on the cruise I think you are it's pretty booked up.

• Like 1

Yeah, this stateroom is kinda unique. I'm sure you've seen videos of it (Here's one of its counterpart on Serenade). Try to get excited about the huge picture window, the kid's bedroom, and proximity to the elevators. And it is arguably better than a Junior Suite, though I certainly would miss the balcony too. You didn't say what your itinerary was, but assuming Northern Europe, the temperature might not be too favorable for a lot of balcony time anyway, and enjoying a wider view instead could be magnificent.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

This is driving me nuts.  We purchased a suite guarantee and got stuck with cabin #1054 on Jewel OTS out of Amsterdam.  It has 2 bedrooms, and is huge.  My problem, NO BALCONY.  From what I've been able to research, this used to be the concierge club. 

RCI refuses to call it a GS, and won't allow me to switch because of the weird cabin category YT.

We also got that assignment on Jewel.  Screamed!   Ta was able to get us a regular JS.  I agree that with no balcony and no windows 8n bedroom would've driven me crazy.  Couldn't figure out why they would give 2 people a cabin for 8.  In the end the cruise got canceled so it didn't matter.

• Like 1

That cabin is huge.  Our friends scored it on Serenade.  We had our own private lounge.  The views are amazing.  The location is ideal.  And...my favorite, separate bathrooms!  I'd trade a jr suite for it anytime.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I had this on Serenade in August and absolutely loved this cabin.  I'd take it again in a heartbeat.  

The cabin is huge... more along the line of 2br owners suite.  The main bedroom has no window so once you close the door it is as dark as an inside cabin and an afternoon naps is no problem. The location right near the elevator is super convenient too.  We love our balcony but were more than happy on this cruise without it.

• Like 5

We were allocated this room on our Jewel TA in 2017, after being in a JS room #1094.    This is far superior to the JS on Jewel.     The reason we were given this room during our trip, was because we couldn't sleep because of the noise we had to endure, we are NOT light sleepers, and I am partially deaf, but after being awake most nights because of the trundle of carts from the Windjammer prep area above our original cabin, this cabin was bliss.    We lost the balcony, but the panoramic views from the windows of cabin 1054 were just as good (we were on a TA from Rome to San Juan).  We were not given the benefits that came with the room, for the suite class, but   I would  certainly weigh up the pros & cons of this room.   There are some JS that will not endure the noise we had during our sailing, but if you have a GTY JS, you may very well be allocated cabin#1094.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

We were allocated this room on our Jewel TA in 2017, after being in a JS room #1094.    This is far superior to the JS on Jewel.     The reason we were given this room during our trip, was because we couldn't sleep because of the noise we had to endure, we are NOT light sleepers, and I am partially deaf, but after being awake most nights because of the trundle of carts from the Windjammer prep area above our original cabin, this cabin was bliss.    We lost the balcony, but the panoramic views from the windows of cabin 1054 were just as good (we were on a TA from Rome to San Juan).  We were not given the benefits that came with the room, for the suite class, but   I would  certainly weigh up the pros & cons of this room.   There are some JS that will not endure the noise we had during our sailing, but if you have a GTY JS, you may very well be allocated cabin#1094.  

We had a similar problem.  24 hour noise from the Windjammer in a JS on radiance class.

That's the main reason I don't want to go back in the GTY pool.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Ask to be put back into the GTY pool and hope for a different result.

14 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

We had a similar problem.  24 hour noise from the Windjammer in a JS on radiance class.

That's the main reason I don't want to go back in the GTY pool.

Then why did you book a WS GTY knowing you’re very likely to get a JS?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Then why did you book a WS GTY knowing you’re very likely to get a JS?

Good point.  It wasn't a JS gty supposedly.  Our TA, right or wrong, insisted it was a full suite gty.  I have never heard of anything other than a WS, but we paid a GS price and a $900 deposit.

Didn't really question it because it's the last leg of a B2B2B and we wanted to get the double-double points.  We have GS 1032 for the first two legs.

1 minute ago, steveru621 said:

I have never heard of anything other than a WS, but we paid a GS price and a $900 deposit.

Get a confirmation of what you booked and if indeed was a GS GTY, ask to be put back into the GTY pool. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hmmm...You weren't given the benefits that came with this cabin category...why?

Our extended family has this booked for Alaska Sept 2022 on Serenade and the category is a "Suite Oceanview" so I believe it does come with the perks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TiiiSailor said:

Take a look at the below link.  I think you'll find there is a small balcony on the Radiance of the Seas 1054.

Radiance of the Seas Stateroom 1054 (cruisedeckplans.com)

That is a different cabin than what the OP is asking about.  The OP's is classed as YT (Oceanview Panoramic ) this one is OT (2BR Owners suite.  That is why I suggested it was like the 2br OS just without the balcony.

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That is a different cabin than what the OP is asking about.  The OP's is classed as YT (Oceanview Panoramic ) this one is OT (2BR Owners suite.  That is why I suggested it was like the 2br OS just without the balcony.

It's the same.  On some Radiance class ships they retained a tiny standing room only balcony.

45 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

It's the same.  On some Radiance class ships they retained a tiny standing room only balcony.

But not on Jewel, which is your original question. That Radiance had a 2br OS doesn’t solve your problem. They are different classes of cabins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

But not on Jewel, which is your original question. That Radiance had a 2br OS doesn’t solve your problem. They are different classes of cabins. 

There is a video of the cabin on utube that's how I knew i didn’t want it.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...You weren't given the benefits that came with this cabin category...why?

Our extended family has this booked for Alaska Sept 2022 on Serenade and the category is a "Suite Oceanview" so I believe it does come with the perks.

We didn't get the benefits of cabin #1054, because it was only given to us to enable us to sleep, without the noise from our original JS (1094), and we ended up having 2 cabins.    We initially tried to persevere and thought we would get used to the trundling of carts across the floor, but we eventually towards the end of our first week (it was a Transatlantic for 13 or 14 days), we went to Guest Services, and they called the Windjammer Manager, who said he'd speak to the staff during the night, and stop the noise during the night.   It worked for 1/2 nights, and then it started again!!!   So when we went back to Guest Services, we were told we would be given a cabin to allow us to sleep, so we didn't get the benefits that went along with it.

If I had to choose between a JS (without knowing the location on Jewel, and after our experience), and the Panoramic Suite, I would definitely take the panoramic suite even although it does not have the balcony

On 4/9/2022 at 3:25 PM, Tree_skier said:

They asked about cabin 1054.  This is cabin 1054.  Cabin classifications change a lot.

19 minutes ago, TiiiSailor said:

They asked about cabin 1054.  This is cabin 1054.  Cabin classifications change a lot.

Yes but they asked about 1054 on Jewel which is a Panoramic suite (no balcony) on Radiance it is a 2 br Owners.  While the interior layout is similar they are not comparable because, as you point out, Radiance has a balcony.  Jewel and Serenade don't.

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes but they asked about 1054 on Jewel which is a Panoramic suite (no balcony) on Radiance it is a 2 br Owners.  While the interior layout is similar they are not comparable because, as you point out, Radiance has a balcony.  Jewel and Serenade don't.

I misread it.  Radiance was the class not the ship.

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So... what was your decision?

Inquiring minds want to know 🙂 

Still trying to move because DW wants a balcony.  I sent an email to RCI.  Hopefully, like many other issues RCI is consistently inconsistent.  

Hopefully, another GS will open up after final payment date.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 9:14 PM, steveru621 said:

Still trying to move because DW wants a balcony.  I sent an email to RCI.  Hopefully, like many other issues RCI is consistently inconsistent.  

Hopefully, another GS will open up after final payment date.

Just curious if you sailed in 1054? I am looking at it for a variety of reasons, but hesitate because I love to have a balcony on a cruise. I am wondering if, with a British Isles cruise, the balcony is able to be used much? I know in Alaska, it was often too cool or too wet on our balcony to enjoy it like usual.