Cabin #1054 on Radiance class ships

On 4/8/2022 at 6:38 PM, Tree_skier said:

I had this on Serenade in August and absolutely loved this cabin.  I'd take it again in a heartbeat.  

The cabin is huge... more along the line of 2br owners suite.  The main bedroom has no window so once you close the door it is as dark as an inside cabin and an afternoon naps is no problem. The location right near the elevator is super convenient too.  We love our balcony but were more than happy on this cruise without it.

I have read great things about this cabin. Your post adds to it. Thanks for the video. Is this a very recent one?

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, steveru621 said:

This is driving me nuts.  We purchased a suite guarantee and got stuck with cabin #1054 on Jewel OTS out of Amsterdam.  It has 2 bedrooms, and is huge.  My problem, NO BALCONY.  From what I've been able to research, this used to be the concierge club. 

RCI refuses to call it a GS, and won't allow me to switch because of the weird cabin category YT.

I don't want this cabin.  Feels like a catch-22.

We had been assigned this cabin and travel agent fight back.  Wanted a gty JS, not this.  We won.  Of course this was on the Jewel for January 2022, which they cancelled!  Oh well.  Agree, wanted the balcony.  Ours was a caribbean cruise so a balcony would be really nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I have read great things about this cabin. Your post adds to it. Thanks for the video. Is this a very recent one?

This was August 2021. Just after the restart. We were especially excited since it was our first cruise back. I think for an Alaska cruise it is especially nice since outdoor weather is often poor. With this cabin you get spectacular views with your feet up on the coach. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 7:23 PM, erinsmom03 said:

Just curious if you sailed in 1054? I am looking at it for a variety of reasons, but hesitate because I love to have a balcony on a cruise. I am wondering if, with a British Isles cruise, the balcony is able to be used much? I know in Alaska, it was often too cool or too wet on our balcony to enjoy it like usual. 

Cabin #1054 has no balcony.  We avoided this cabin.

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Did 13nite Solo Boston to Tampa in this Cabin on Brilliance, agree no Balcony. But thought at least one of the Class had a Balcony, maybe Radiance. Anyone?

A solo in a 2 bdrm cabin?  You had lots of space. 

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

A solo in a 2 bdrm cabin?  You had lots of space. 

Yeah was yr they made a release mistake and Suites were lower priced then Balcony Cabins. Royal gave everyone a choice, pay more or cancel. So they canceled many Cruise Critic Members Booked Cruises...but they didnt catch mine, and I wasnt going say anything. Kids were still in High School, so went alone. Was Fun for once and the price but love my Aft/Corner Balcony's

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Did 13nite Solo Boston to Tampa in this Cabin on Brilliance, agree no Balcony. But thought at least one of the Class had a Balcony, maybe Radiance. Anyone?

Yes...Only the Radiance has a small balcony, cabin 1054. All the other Radiance class ships only have a wall of windows. But great views from them...some of our extended family sailed on Serenade in 1054 this past September and loved this cabin.

• Thanks 2

We intentionally chose this suite for our upcoming April Serenade 7-day cruise because we are traveling with a one-year-old—overly safety-cautious, maybe, but that is how we chose 1054. I think it’s an amazing deal for the money, space wise. 2 full bathrooms. 3 door-separated sleeping areas. Panoramic ocean view.  Basically the same price as a GS, but twice the space. We have family in 2 GS’s down the passageway as well, and I’m the bill payer for one of those—I believe 1054 is the better deal if you have 3 or more people in the space and want a full suite  I will post a review after the cruise, because it’s such an unusual stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and booked it while we were on Oasis last week. It’s such a tricky category, the NextCruise staff don’t even know what to do with it. One said we had to pay the full $450pp deposit but would get $600 OBC. When we went through with the booking with someone else, it ended up being only $200 OBC but also only $100pp deposit. We’re going to give the room a try. The set up is ideal for traveling with our college student daughter and her friend. The girls get their privacy, and we can still spend time together comfortably. Plus we all get suite benefits and it hardly cost more than our separate rooms.