Bermuda Government Website Question

smokeykat

Following this thread, as we are supposed to be on Carnival Legend to Bermuda 22 May. (After three cancellations!) Heard nothing from Carnival yet, so I called TA  at home (company actually out of business and she is retiring, but they are doing this one last trip). She seemed unaware of the advance requirements, stating it must be old info, as Carnival had not told the TAs anything yet. I emailed her a link to the govt. website, and she is checking with Carnival.

What a mess! The group she is taking down is mainly older folks that are not able to do anything on the computer. I think we are the only ones printing out our own docs, etc.

2 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Following this thread, as we are supposed to be on Carnival Legend to Bermuda 22 May. (After three cancellations!) Heard nothing from Carnival yet, so I called TA  at home (company actually out of business and she is retiring, but they are doing this one last trip). She seemed unaware of the advance requirements, stating it must be old info, as Carnival had not told the TAs anything yet. I emailed her a link to the govt. website, and she is checking with Carnival.

What a mess! The group she is taking down is mainly older folks that are not able to do anything on the computer. I think we are the only ones printing out our own docs, etc.

Your sailing is  listed  on the Bermuda Government website so members of the  group can start filling out the application. Every person will have to get approved. The documents will have to be uploaded. You or your TA can help the others. If they don't get approved they won't be allowed to board the Legend.

Edited by Charles4515

13 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

What a mess! The group she is taking down is mainly older folks that are not able to do anything on the computer.

What a mess indeed.  Good luck...

FYI,  I’m sailing tomorrow (4/24) on Carnival Pride TA, and I applied to Bermuda on 4/2.  Had a PCR test on 4/20 and uploaded that.  Received approval from Bermuda on 4/22, so if that’s an indicator, it looks like it takes 2 days for approval once testing info is uploaded.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

FYI,  I’m sailing tomorrow (4/24) on Carnival Pride TA, and I applied to Bermuda on 4/2.  Had a PCR test on 4/20 and uploaded that.  Received approval from Bermuda on 4/22, so if that’s an indicator, it looks like it takes 2 days for approval once testing info is uploaded.

Did you do the application on your computer or phone? I would rather do on my laptop but don't know which is better. So confusing.......

Laura

On another similar thread here, a cruiser that is to sail on RC Enchantment May 5 has heard nothing from RC, and only found about this here. I would think the cruise lines would inform passengers so they can take the excursions. Talked to TA today, who said Bermuda govt is very difficult. Carnival is cancelling (alternate destinations) Bermuda 2023 cruises over situation.

20 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

On another similar thread here, a cruiser that is to sail on RC Enchantment May 5 has heard nothing from RC, and only found about this here. I would think the cruise lines would inform passengers so they can take the excursions. Talked to TA today, who said Bermuda govt is very difficult. Carnival is cancelling (alternate destinations) Bermuda 2023 cruises over situation.

It isn't just a matter of being able to take excursions. You're required to have the travel authorization in order to even board your cruise.

The information is provided on Royal Caribbean's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/additional-requirements-to-cruise-to-bermuda

Search your Frequently Asked Questions

Q

Are there any additional requirements to cruise to Bermuda?

A

All travelers age 2 and older, or their legal guardians, must apply for a Bermuda Travel Authorization to enter the country regardless of whether they plan to go ashore in the port. It must be presented at the pier when checking in. Applications can be purchased for $40, a month before travel here. You will not see your ship/sailings listed on this page until a month before your sail date. Children age 2 and under do not need to apply for the Travel Authorization.  

Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled arrival to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your Travel Authorization application. 

We recommend guests apply for their Bermuda Travel Authorization as soon as it becomes available a month in advance of your departure date. 

Note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. If you are on a cruise that stops in Bermuda, and your vaccination series consists of either, you will not be permitted to go ashore in Bermuda. If you are booked on a cruise that exclusively visits Bermuda, you will be denied boarding. 

Additional Testing: Unvaccinated Kids Age 2 – 11

Unvaccinated kids age 2-11 will take a complimentary antigen test within 24 hours of disembarking in the U.S. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

Additional Testing: May 28th Mariner of the Seas Sailing

Guests on the May 28th sailing from Port Canaveral on Mariner of the Seas, will require additional testing to go ashore per the Bermudian government. All guests age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, will take a complimentary test onboard 48 hours before arriving in Bermuda. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

Edited by njhorseman

njhorseman, Thanks for taking the time to comment so thoroughly. I do realize it is about more than the excursions, and did not phrase that well. I was trying to convey that the cruise lines would have to look out for their own interests, so booked passengers can go on their excursions. If they cannot, it is lost revenue for them. That is why it strikes me as odd that they are not informing passengers.

5 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Did you do the application on your computer or phone? I would rather do on my laptop but don't know which is better. So confusing.......

It doesn't matter which you use.  Use the one most comfortable for you.  I use my PC.  Saving and uploading documents on a phone is more cumbersome.

2 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

njhorseman, Thanks for taking the time to comment so thoroughly. I do realize it is about more than the excursions, and did not phrase that well. I was trying to convey that the cruise lines would have to look out for their own interests, so booked passengers can go on their excursions. If they cannot, it is lost revenue for them. That is why it strikes me as odd that they are not informing passengers.

I hate to say it but the lack of info from the cruise lines may be that they are concerned that they will lose bookings 

36 minutes ago, JGmf said:

It doesn't matter which you use.  Use the one most comfortable for you.  I use my PC.  Saving and uploading documents on a phone is more cumbersome.

Thanks. I may be posting you again asking for help. Not really knowledgeable on computers.

Laura

On 4/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, joyandjerry said:

We are sailing to Bermuda on Enchantment on June 2.  We received an email from RC on April 15, with information about this.  It was titled Healthy Sailing Updates, I believe.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:42 PM, Laurab23 said:

Thanks. I may be posting you again asking for help. Not really knowledgeable on computers.

Laura

Laura, you can practice in advance. Save your vaccination card to your computer. You might need to take a photo of it and send it to yourself, or scan it (a copy shop might be able to help you scan and send to yourself,  or a 12 year old - they're great at this!).   Then try to attach the vaccination card to an email to yourself. This will give you some practice on saving and uploading.   I would try this when you have plenty of time, aren't rushed. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PatriotsSuperFan said:

The Bermuda Authorization form requires a 'Cruise Confirmation Number' - is this the 'Cruise Reservation Number' provided by NCL?

the reservation number from whatever cruise line you're sailing on will do the  trick.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, Charles4515 said:

I hate to say it but the lack of info from the cruise lines may be that they are concerned that they will lose bookings 

Well they lost two bookings today... previously scheduled for the May 28th Mariner of the Seas. No word from anyone except this site. I waited until the last minute to see if Bermuda would change its protocol...oh well. 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:37 PM, Charles4515 said:

Royal's May 28 cruise is listed this morning as May 30. Do you know if the date discrepancy will matter?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Royal's May 28 cruise is listed this morning as May 30. Do you know if the date discrepancy will matter?

It is possible Royal has changed the itinerary for this cruise to make Bermuda the first stop...this way they don't have to Covid test everyone onboard mid- cruise? 

15 minutes ago, rolloman said:

It is possible Royal has changed the itinerary for this cruise to make Bermuda the first stop...this way they don't have to Covid test everyone onboard mid- cruise? 

That's what I thought but according to all the port schedules it's still listed as June 1 for Bermuda

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's what I thought but according to all the port schedules it's still listed as June 1 for Bermuda

Bermuda has the second stop (Nassau) listed as the embarkation port. That is the reason for the discrepancy. That happened on an earlier sailing and after a bunch of people called asking why their sailing was not listed on the TA 30 days out they corrected it a few days later. I would expect the same will happen again.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1