Bermuda Government Website Question

smokeykat

If this was covered somewhere already please forgive me for asking again 🙂

Can I fill out the Bermuda government authorization now and pay the $40 fee and then just upload the antigen test result and our vaccine card at a later date?

Or is it best to just wait and do everything at one time 2 days before the cruise as required.

I saw the ship is listed on the website now.

Thanks!

I would apply, pay the $40 fee and upload the vaccination credentials now, and then upload the results later.

This way they can review and approve your vaccination credentials in good time, especially if they are handwritten on card.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, princessajoanna said:

I believe once you pay- you have submitted your application and if you submit without those documents- it will be rejected. So no, don’t do that. 

No...

Despite what NCL says @bluesea777's advice is correct. Best to submit everything in advance, which can be done as much as 30 days prior to  your cruise. That allows the application to be reviewed and approved in all other respects, pending the submission of your COVID test.

I have no idea why NCL says to not submit the application until you have your test results in hand. That only causes a traffic jam of applications being submitted in the last two days before embarkation, which makes it difficult for Bermuda's health officials to process the applications. 

• Like 3

Do NOT follow NCL’s instructions. You will be held up trying to get your approval two days before you cruise. 

Follow the Bermuda guidance which clearly states to do your application ahead of time, upload your proof of vaccination and pay the fee

They will assign you an application number and send you a reminder email 4 days before you need to take your Covid test. 

NCL really needs to update their instructions on their website because they conflict with what the Bermuda government has on their site, and it’s causing problems with people not getting their application approved on time.  One CC member just reported they have been on hold today with the Bermuda people for over 2 hrs than got disconnected and they cruise tomorrow. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I chose to follow Bermuda’s instructions not NCL’s because the fate of our cruise is in their hands not NCL’s. If we don’t get the application approved in time we don’t cruise anywhere. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing though, after you've applied for BTA, paid the $40 and uploaded the vaccination credentials, and your test turns out positive, you lose the $40 as it's non-refundable.

That might motivate you to stay healthy, wear masks, avoid crowded places, avoid large gatherings (esp with families), etd for a week or so prior to your tests.

Just now, bluesea777 said:

One thing though, after you've applied for BTA, paid the $40 and uploaded the vaccination credentials, and your test turns out positive, you lose the $40 as it's non-refundable.

That might motivate you to stay healthy, wear masks, avoid crowded places, avoid large gatherings (esp with families), etd for a week or so prior to your tests.

$40 is a drop in the bucket compared to not getting your application approved in time and potentially losing the cost of the cruise not to mention losing your vacation. 
I’d rather lose the $120 I paid for our 3 applications but know I’ll have a better chance of getting it approved once I upload our test results. We cruise this coming Friday. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Bermuda keeps your information on file?  We were there in October and completed the paperwork for the authorization.

We are going again in July.  Will they have us in their system and we just need to pay the $40 fee and upload the test results or do we need to complete another application?

No problem either way.  Just curious.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their authorizations.  Hope they come through soon.  It's very stressful waiting to get it.

Last year, they did have Bermuda officials at the pier to approve authorizations on the spot.  Hopefully they will do that again.  There were many passengers who showed up to board the ship who were not aware of the Bermuda Authorization.

2 minutes ago, goldmom said:

We are going again in July.  Will they have us in their system and we just need to pay the $40 fee and upload the test results or do we need to complete another application?

No problem either way.  Just curious.

you will need the complete another application

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, styles27 said:

NCL really needs to update their instructions on their website because they conflict with what the Bermuda government has on their site, and it’s causing problems with people not getting their application approved on time.

Just a guess, but assuming NCL has their own instructions on when to apply to Bermuda so they avoid complaints and vitriol from those who end up testing positive and losing their $40. 

20 hours ago, shof515 said:

No problem either way.  Just curious

Did an application in December 2021 for Bermuda; and had to do another one, from scratch, for April 2022 sailing.  The only recognition the application has for prior applicants is a question about whether you visited before. 

4 hours ago, JGmf said:

Just a guess, but assuming NCL has their own instructions on when to apply to Bermuda so they avoid complaints and vitriol from those who end up testing positive and losing their $40. 

Their instructions are clearly not working especially for Sunday departures. We’re only hearing from a handful of folks who hadn’t received their approval at the  11th hour I’m sure there were more. People are reporting passengers showing up at the terminal without their approval paperwork. 

It’s not like Bermuda has hundreds of people working on this so something needs to change. 

As I said earlier. I’d rather lose $40 x 2 or 3 than lose our vacation.
I’m sure most people feel the same. Looking at the bigger picture if we can afford to cruise we can afford to risk losing the $40  application fee if we test positive. 

I’m just very happy we leave  on a Friday and not the weekend. 

I spoke with a representative from Bermuda Tourism this morning regarding the tight timeline from the time we test, two days before embarking, to receiving authorization back from Bermuda with approval. She told me as long as we send our negative test results, vaccine card, not to worry. She said there will be reps in the terminal to help with this if you don’t receive it before you arrive. 😳

• Like 2

7 hours ago, marnie2005 said:

I spoke with a representative from Bermuda Tourism this morning regarding the tight timeline from the time we test, two days before embarking, to receiving authorization back from Bermuda with approval. She told me as long as we send our negative test results, vaccine card, not to worry. She said there will be reps in the terminal to help with this if you don’t receive it before you arrive. 😳

Do you have the phone number for the Bermuda Tourism? I need to contact them as well.

There was an April 18th review of masks on planes.

Government said keep wearing ‘em, but a single, totally unqualified, Federal judge said nope, we don’t need no stinkin’ masks.

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

There was an April 18th review of masks on planes.

Government said keep wearing ‘em, but a single, totally unqualified, Federal judge said nope, we don’t need no stinkin’ masks.

The "single, totally unqualified, Federal judge" did NOT say 'NOPE we don't need no stinking' masks", at least I do not think that was said.  The judge looked at the law and applying the law stated,  that the CDC did not have the authority to mandate the wearing of Masks of on planes and public transportation. At which Point the Government had and still has the opportunty to seek an injunction on the ruling and Nothing but crickets on their end. This is closer to the truth. 

3 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

The "single, totally unqualified, Federal judge" did NOT say 'NOPE we don't need no stinking' masks", at least I do not think that was said.  The judge looked at the law and applying the law stated,  that the CDC did not have the authority to mandate the wearing of Masks of on planes and public transportation. At which Point the Government had and still has the opportunty to seek an injunction on the ruling and Nothing but crickets on their end. This is closer to the truth. 

Based upon her total lack of ANY experience in court??

On 4/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, bluesea777 said:

This was already the plan. We work from home. So self isolation for the final week😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RunBikeCruiseDC said:

Woot!!  Just got Bermuda TA emails reminding us to upload our test before our trip next Tuesday!

Same here.  Got it this morning.  See you on the Joy.

I send a mail to Bermuda this week about the B2B.

Here is the reply 

"We would require a form for each re-entry as we need to review your pre-test status"

also

"We are unlikely to drop this requirement for this tourist season as our current situation with COVID19 and our hospital’s capacity for crises levels"