Cost difference to upgrade drink package

hmorrow

3 hours ago, Balloon Man said:

But I can't find any information on the HAL website about such a package.

Look up Signature Beverage Package. It's about $55/day. If there are two adults in a cabin, both people must purchase it. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Balloon Man said:

Thank you but I did realise that. But I can't find any information on the HAL website about such a package.

HAL has their prices posted on the website under the FAQ:

ELITE PACKAGE

Only $59.95 per guest/per day*

Enjoy all the benefits from our Quench and Signature Packages and more! With the Elite Beverage Package you can enjoy all drinks menu priced $15 and under including Dale DeGroff’s Original Cocktails!

SIGNATURE PACKAGE

Only $54.95 per guest/per day*

Our Signature package includes everything from our Quench Package along with your favorite premium beers, spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass priced $11 and under.

QUENCH PACKAGE   (NON-ALCOHOLIC)

Only $17.95 per guest/per day*

Quench your thirst with our nonalcoholic package which includes an unlimited variety of premium coffees such as espresso and cappuccino, juices, Coca-Cola™ products, our signature mocktails, Red Bull, and bottled waters 500ml and under.

COCA-COLA™ PACKAGE

Only $8.00 per guest/per day*

The Coca-Cola™ Package includes unlimited fountain sodas for $8.00 per person, per day. On the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam this package also includes the Coca-Cola™ Freestyle program with more than 100 unique Coca-Cola™ flavors available.

* Prices are per person per day. Please see your server or bartender for a full list of items included in each package.

An 18% Service Charge is automatically applied to all Beverage Purchases, Bar Retail Items, Specialty Restaurant Cover Charges and all For Purchase A La Carte Menu Items. Local Sales Taxes Applied where required.
All adults of legal drinking age for the respective itinerary that are booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RobertL88 said:

HAL has their prices posted on the website under the FAQ:

ELITE PACKAGE

Only $59.95 per guest/per day*

Enjoy all the benefits from our Quench and Signature Packages and more! With the Elite Beverage Package you can enjoy all drinks menu priced $15 and under including Dale DeGroff’s Original Cocktails!

SIGNATURE PACKAGE

Only $54.95 per guest/per day*

Our Signature package includes everything from our Quench Package along with your favorite premium beers, spirits, cocktails, and wines by the glass priced $11 and under.

QUENCH PACKAGE   (NON-ALCOHOLIC)

Only $17.95 per guest/per day*

Quench your thirst with our nonalcoholic package which includes an unlimited variety of premium coffees such as espresso and cappuccino, juices, Coca-Cola™ products, our signature mocktails, Red Bull, and bottled waters 500ml and under.

COCA-COLA™ PACKAGE

Only $8.00 per guest/per day*

The Coca-Cola™ Package includes unlimited fountain sodas for $8.00 per person, per day. On the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam this package also includes the Coca-Cola™ Freestyle program with more than 100 unique Coca-Cola™ flavors available.

* Prices are per person per day. Please see your server or bartender for a full list of items included in each package.

An 18% Service Charge is automatically applied to all Beverage Purchases, Bar Retail Items, Specialty Restaurant Cover Charges and all For Purchase A La Carte Menu Items. Local Sales Taxes Applied where required.
All adults of legal drinking age for the respective itinerary that are booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Just a couple of added pieces of info. Price to upgrade depends on if you have Have it All or if the drink package was purchased separately. IF you have HIL I’ve also been told that you have to upgrade prior to ordering your first drink and it can only happen on board. If you purchased the SBP, you can upgrade after you have ordered a drink.

Sorry to hop on.  Considering our first HAL cruise but would NOT do it if the limit of total drinks was 15 a day.  On other lines that is the limit on Alcoholic drinks; non alcoholic drinks on a package are unlimited.  I can easily go through 3 specialty coffees and water with breakfast alone.  Don't want to have to count the # of water/espressos I drink!  

So is it 15 TOTAL, or 15 Alcoholic?

15 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Sorry to hop on.  Considering our first HAL cruise but would NOT do it if the limit of total drinks was 15 a day.  On other lines that is the limit on Alcoholic drinks; non alcoholic drinks on a package are unlimited.  I can easily go through 3 specialty coffees and water with breakfast alone.  Don't want to have to count the # of water/espressos I drink!  

So is it 15 TOTAL, or 15 Alcoholic?

I was looking into this last week. The website indicates 15 total, but I'm not sure if that would be enforced onboard. I likely wouldn't exceed 15, but in your case you might also be interested in the terms which do not permit you to order more than one at a time. So if you take the web info literally, you would have to order your coffee and bottled water at different times. Also, the package is not including on Half Moon Cay.

image.png.987d43e01b34a7fbf0fe0bd2c0c843c9.png

9 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I was looking into this last week. The website indicates 15 total, but I'm not sure if that would be enforced onboard. I likely wouldn't exceed 15, but in your case you might also be interested in the terms which do not permit you to order more than one at a time. So if you take the web info literally, you would have to order your coffee and bottled water at different times. Also, the package is not including on Half Moon Cay.

image.png.987d43e01b34a7fbf0fe0bd2c0c843c9.png

Our experience last week on Zuiderdam is that the 'rules' were loosely enforced at best. And the water available with the package is not bottled anymore (eco-friendly initiatives), they are 16 oz aluminum cans ('still' or 'bubbly'). DW and often ordered several cans of water at a time and took them back to our cabin, along with our regular cocktails. We're not sure if the water counted or not because we never reached our limit on any given day. YMMV..

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently onboard the Rotterdam. Directly after boarding we went to a bar and asked if it would be possible to upgrade to the Elite Bevarage Package. They sent us to Guest Services, who told us it was definitely possible, but it could only be arranged through a bar.

Went to a different bar, they called their supervisor, and we were told it was not possible to upgrade.

Because of stories read here, we wanted to give it another try, so when we saw a F&B staff member we asked him directly. He said he was sure it was possible to upgrade, so he called to arrange that for us. But then he was told they’re not longer offering the upgrade as of May 8th, due to a lack of interest from guests to do so…

Long story short: not possible to upgrade your drink package anymore if it’s included in the Have it All promo (on the Rotterdam, at least…)

Edited by RobertL88
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No longer upgrading as of May 8th????..."due to a lack of interest from guests to do so…"  Seriously? They seem to make things up as they go along a lot!  I really enjoy HAL but they sure are inconsistent!!!  

Have a great time anyway @RobertL88 and please feel free to share anything else about your cruise as you go along.  Thanks for the info!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to confirm that you can no longer upgrade to Elite Beverage Package once onboard?  Also, can anyone confirm if the Elite Package no longer has unlimited soft drinks included?

TIA

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Has anyone been able to confirm that you can no longer upgrade to Elite Beverage Package once onboard?  Also, can anyone confirm if the Elite Package no longer has unlimited soft drinks included?

TIA

I am currently on Oosterdam.  Day 1 I asked in Pinnacle Bar if I could upgrade to Elite.  Answer was Yes, $10 per day + 18% gratuity,  and both occupants must upgrade.

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I am currently on Oosterdam.  Day 1 I asked in Pinnacle Bar if I could upgrade to Elite.  Answer was Yes, $10 per day + 18% gratuity,  and both occupants must upgrade.

Are the soft drinks still unlimited in the Elite Pkg or is it now the same as the Signature where soft drinks also count toward the 15 drink daily limit?

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Are the soft drinks still unlimited in the Elite Pkg or is it now the same as the Signature where soft drinks also count toward the 15 drink daily limit?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that.

• Thanks 1

I thought that the non-alcoholic beverages were unlimited with the Elite Beverage package and not included in the 15 drink limit per day. This would be an added perk for those that consumed several specialty coffees, soft drinks, waters, etc.a day. Could somebody answer whether this is true? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChuckL said:

I thought that the non-alcoholic beverages were unlimited with the Elite Beverage package and not included in the 15 drink limit per day. This would be an added perk for those that consumed several specialty coffees, soft drinks, waters, etc.a day. Could somebody answer whether this is true? 

That was the case several months ago, that Elite still had unlimited non-alcoholic and 15 alcoholic drinks per day.  The Quench (non-alcoholic) Package now has a 15 per day max also!!

At some point in the last few months it changed to this on HAL site:  

"Our premium, Elite Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, sodas, bottled water (sparkling or still, 400ml or less) & coffee. Only on the ms Koningsdam & ms Nieuw Statendam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Elite Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, Room Service, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests."

21 DAY QUENCH BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Enjoy a variety of Coca-Cola products, mocktails, juices, bottled water (sparkling or still, 400ml or less) and Exploration’s Café Beverages. Exclusively on our Pinnacle Class ships the Quench Package also features Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. The package has limit of up to 15 beverages per day. An 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase.

23 hours ago, Daniel A said:

TIA

I was not allowed to upgrade on the Zaandam on the May 28 cruise.

I guess it depends on what ship you are on.

23 hours ago, VMax1700 said: