UK Antigen Test Recommendations

woodards

Hi

Any recommendations for antigen test company that past cruisers have used for access to ship.

I believe we have to get this done at most 2 days before boarding (Silhouette) in Southampton.

Does it need to be video/in person supervised? Celebrity website is not clear at all!

Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, woodards said:

Hi

Any recommendations for antigen test company that past cruisers have used for access to ship.

I believe we have to get this done at most 2 days before boarding (Silhouette) in Southampton.

Does it need to be video/in person supervised? Celebrity website is not clear at all!

Thanks in advance.

Celebrity require pre cruise tests to be supervised. Stated quite clearly on the FAQ section of their website.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Edited by JBare
correct web address for uk

17 minutes ago, JBare said:

Celebrity require pre cruise tests to be supervised. Stated quite clearly on the FAQ section of their website.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Thanks, although I wouldn't say it is clear as in the next two sections in the link you have kindly provided it refers to concierge and home test kits only obtainable in the US

Supervised tests are not referred to at all here:

Travel Requirements for Southampton Cruises | Celebrity Cruises

34 minutes ago, RichyB66 said:

The website doesn't state that it needs to be supervised so we're looking at using these: https://www.simplytestme.co.uk/fittofly

We used them previously for return home tests to the UK and the result certificate was emailed back within a few minutes.

Thanks, was looking at these guys as they appear to offer both!

UK Travel & General Covid Tests (chronomics.com)

£15 or £25.

7 minutes ago, woodards said:

Thanks, although I wouldn't say it is clear as in the next two sections in the link you have kindly provided it refers to concierge and home test kits only obtainable in the US

Supervised tests are not referred to at all here:

Travel Requirements for Southampton Cruises | Celebrity Cruises

Thats the web address I gave you, look at the frequenetly asked questions tab top right.

This seems fairly clear

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

3 minutes ago, JBare said:

Thats the web address I gave you, look at the frequenetly asked questions tab top right.

This seems fairly clear

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.

Clearly better eye sight than I have or a bigger screen, didn't spot the menu bar thanks.

1 minute ago, JBare said:

Both Lloyds pharmacy and Boots do antigen tests in store at many locations.

Thanks will have a look, we are out in the sticks so wanted to avoid the drive but might be less stressful to avoid postal delays.

• Like 1

Today I ordered mine through through website   DAM.  ,At  £19 p.p  will be delivered tomorrow by DPD  and on 2 days prior to cruise I have to do a hometest and send photo by phone and they will send a authorised certificate  in 3 hours.  Seems a strange name for a company but I was given the details by my cruise agent in Derbyshire.

5 hours ago, woodards said:

Thanks will have a look, we are out in the sticks so wanted to avoid the drive but might be less stressful to avoid postal delays.

We have booked with LocalPCR - £55 results in 1 to 2 hours. My wife has mobility issues and they will do the test in the car. Won't use any company that relies on the post we want the results before we leave home.

Hello,

I have not found anything similar on the X website, but someone at RCI that probably thinks England is the 51st state of the union has posted this as the required format for a covid test report:

You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

Anyone seen anything either similar or contrary? I have emailed CLIA in the UK for comment but I am not hopeful.

Regards,

Cublet

I have used www.projectscreen.co.uk

Project screen by Prenetics. Used them twice. 

About £30 for a supervised test (via zoom) DPD will deliver the kits next day if ordered by lunchtime. 

I would order two separate tests rather than for a couple. A discount code pops up after the initial order. 

There should be some F2F places in Southampton too.  

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I have not found anything similar on the X website, but someone at RCI that probably thinks England is the 51st state of the union has posted this as the required format for a covid test report:

You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

Anyone seen anything either similar or contrary? I have emailed CLIA in the UK for comment but I am not hopeful.

Regards,

Cublet

The following is on the  Celebrity Frequently asked questions website I mentioned earlier in this topic.

If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test you’ll need.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.

Tests We Do Not Accept

Where and When to Get Your Test

Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test.

Edited by JBare

17 hours ago, niddwalker2 said:

Today I ordered mine through through website   DAM.  ,At  £19 p.p  will be delivered tomorrow by DPD  and on 2 days prior to cruise I have to do a hometest and send photo by phone and they will send a authorised certificate  in 3 hours.  Seems a strange name for a company but I was given the details by my cruise agent in Derbyshire.

This type of test will not be accepted as it is not supervises.  I would suggest a video supervised test which has worked well for me. 

Thanks to the great folks over in the Britain Port of Call Board, below is the link to a covid testing site in Southampton, conveniently located in the West Quay Shopping Mall.  They will do a rapid antigen test for 39 GBP (results emailed within 4 hours) or a much more expensive PCR test.

https://www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk/southampton-covid-19-rapid-antigen-test-appointment-booking/

45 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks to the great folks over in the Britain Port of Call Board, below is the link to a covid testing site in Southampton, conveniently located in the West Quay Shopping Mall.  They will do a rapid antigen test for 39 GBP (results emailed within 4 hours) or a much more expensive PCR test.

https://www.theregenerativeclinic.co.uk/southampton-covid-19-rapid-antigen-test-appointment-booking/

I did several tests at that place last summer for celebrity / RCI cruises and it worked well.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, the penguins said:

We have booked with LocalPCR - £55 results in 1 to 2 hours. My wife has mobility issues and they will do the test in the car. Won't use any company that relies on the post we want the results before we leave home.

Hi

The more expensive PCR test is not req.

In fact a while back Celebrity recommended not taking a PCR test as it can pick up trace   
of Covid 3 months old.

12 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

The more expensive PCR test is not req.

In fact a while back Celebrity recommended not taking a PCR test as it can pick up trace   
of Covid 3 months old.

The company is called LocalPCR we are having the antigen test. Price is for 2 hour turnaround. Boots offer the test for £30 but it's a 40 mile round-trip ( Local PCR is less than miles) and the Boots tests are sent away to be done. We want confirmation in our hand before leaving home.