Loyalty Program-Cruise Credits Earned

alaskaca

6 hours ago, osandomir said:

There’s a reason it’s called Loyalty Club. It’s about the loyalty to Oceania and not the money spent. So the more cruises you take the more points you get. No need to make it more complicated. Sailing in the upper cabins gets you some additional benefits otherwise.

So is the airlines called Loyalty Club, but they made the change.

10 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

So is the airlines called Loyalty Club, but they made the change.

I hate the term “loyalty.”

As much as O is my preferred cruise line, it has nothing to do with loyalty. O is our perfect fit. If it ever stops being that perfect fit, we’ll move on.

Oceania Club “is what it is” including perks that are exemplars in the industry. So, let’s call the comp cruise a reward for “consistent preference.”😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I hate the term “loyalty.”

As much as O is my preferred cruise line, it has nothing to do with loyalty. O is our perfect fit. If it ever stops being that perfect fit, we’ll move on.

Oceania Club “is what it is” including perks that are exemplars in the industry. So, let’s call the comp cruise a reward for “consistent preference.”😉

I’m just calling it what everyone else does.  No matter what you call it, people like it or don’t—for us we take the perks like everyone would however it’s more about the ship, service and where we go when we book.  Personally for us the food on “O” has been that good on the last few cruises we’ve take—-so we moved over to Regent for a while.  I’m glad you are happy, that is all that counts.

15 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I’m just calling it what everyone else does.  No matter what you call it, people like it or don’t—for us we take the perks like everyone would however it’s more about the ship, service and where we go when we book.  Personally for us the food on “O” has been that good on the last few cruises we’ve take—-so we moved over to Regent for a while.  I’m glad you are happy, that is all that counts.

We’ve thought about Regent but the bottom line math comparison (when you add the R inclusions to O’s options list) always comes out significantly higher on R for an equivalent itinerary.

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

We’ve thought about Regent but the bottom line math comparison (when you add the R inclusions to O’s options list) always comes out significantly higher on R for an equivalent itinerary.

Agree. Regent’s all-inclusive pricing usually would mean I’m paying more for items that I don’t value (too much alcohol, group excursions if I prefer privately organized). Not sure why, but Regent has/had a very low single supplement (25%) on a 19-day South American cruise on my bucket list. The 25% single supplement beats (approximately) twice O’s price plus Bizclass air and that price includes excursions. No brainer.
But, O is my preferred line. 
Who knows, after my first cruise on Regent, perhaps I’ll sing a different tune….?

19 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Agree. Regent’s all-inclusive pricing usually would mean I’m paying more for items that I don’t value (too much alcohol, group excursions if I prefer privately organized). Not sure why, but Regent has/had a very low single supplement (25%) on a 19-day South American cruise on my bucket list. The 25% single supplement beats (approximately) twice O’s price plus Bizclass air and that price includes excursions. No brainer.
But, O is my preferred line. 
Who knows, after my first cruise on Regent, perhaps I’ll sing a different tune….?

There’s always a “loss leader” lurking somewhere. And, if it gets you into the “store,” it’s worth the cost to them (Regent).

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, ORV said:

Basically what FF says below. The system works. And as you know, if you're in one of the upper suites there are many benefits already, some published and promised, some inherent in the the way things work. Celebrity has a good program that awards more for the upper rooms. On the other hand their loyalty program has no real benefits in the higher levels. 

Sometimes we agree🤣, actually more times than not.

Okay- soup for you!😉

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, ronrick1943 said:

On Regent...On their program)   they count # of cruise days not cruises.     I moved from Regent to O,   for a better atmosphere and feel..... the all inclusive did not fit me and there  was a distinct change in  the sort of passenger  you found on board.........  Lije a play.... the meals and ship is the stage... the people are the drama.

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

.....and there  was a distinct change in  the sort of passenger  you found on board.........  Lije a play.... the meals and ship is the stage... the people are the drama.

Can you elaborate on what you felt was the difference in passengers?

1 hour ago, Dwtlion said:

Can you elaborate on what you felt was the difference in passengers?

well it seemed  to be a demanding sort of entitled attitude.... get me this, get me that..  Since they paid for everything  they wanted it now....  Get it for me boy....chop chop. I( actual heard  some one say that.)    That is an my take   

More people who wanted their hand held, whereas on O it was more a low key substile appreciation and less demanding. 

One guy insisted every night that the dining room have a special meal  ...his design... not the menu  French on night Indian banquet another... and so on

Now in fairness  there were some great people...it just seemed however a different demographic/socio  group.

11 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

well it seemed  to be a demanding sort of entitled attitude.... get me this, get me that..  Since they paid for everything  they wanted it now....  Get it for me boy....chop chop. I( actual heard  some one say that.)    That is an my take   

More people who wanted their hand held, whereas on O it was more a low key substile appreciation and less demanding. 

One guy insisted every night that the dining room have a special meal  ...his design... not the menu  French on night Indian banquet another... and so on

Now in fairness  there were some great people...it just seemed however a different demographic/socio  group.

Attitude?  That's a good one.  As frequent Regent cruisers you have reassured me that we made the right choice in cancelling our first O cruise.

• Haha 1

This is one of the goofiest topics going! 😂!  Many of we travelers do so across multiple lines. We meet people that sail Regent, Celebrity, Princess, Viking, Silversea, and Oceania because of various reasons including itinerary, price, and convenience. All these multi line cruisers don’t become more sophisticated, debonair, or well traveled because they stepped on Oceania for a cruise, then become less so when they get on a different line. Those few continually making such goofy claims mostly just devaluate your other observations.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fizzy said:

Attitude?  That's a good one.  As frequent Regent cruisers you have reassured me that we made the right choice in cancelling our first O cruise.

What ever suits you and your style.....  People seek what  fits them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

10 days on Regent in Dec. and did not get that feeling at all.   Was our 2nd Regent and about 13 or 14 O.  cruises.  Love them both.  Liked the food a little better on O but not enough to make a difference.  Be happy to sail on either one. 

53 minutes ago, RJB said:

10 days on Regent in Dec. and did not get that feeling at all.   Was our 2nd Regent and about 13 or 14 O.  cruises.  Love them both.  Liked the food a little better on O but not enough to make a difference.  Be happy to sail on either one. 

Hey.....that is your reality.... and No one care argue a prsons reality  it is what it is...  Mine yours theirs who evers.

• Like 1