Loyalty Program-Cruise Credits Earned

alaskaca

Did a quick search of Oceania and the Zen Desk along with Cruise Critic and not finding the specifics of how many cruise credits are earned on a voyage.  

The following is a list I have and wonder if this is still current information.....

Cruises up to 24 days will receive one cruise credit

Cruises 25-34 days will receive two cruise credits

Cruises 35-44 days will receive three cruise credits

Cruises 45-54 days will receive four cruise credits

Cruises 55-64 days will receive five cruise credits

Cruises 65-99 days will receive seven cruise credits

Cruises 100-157  days will receive ten cruise credits

Cruises 158+ days will receive fifteen cruise credits

If anyone has a link to that information, please post it.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, alaskaca said:

Did a quick search of Oceania and the Zen Desk along with Cruise Critic and not finding the specifics of how many cruise credits are earned on a voyage.  

The following is a list I have and wonder if this is still current information.....

Cruises up to 24 days will receive one cruise credit

Cruises 25-34 days will receive two cruise credits

Cruises 35-44 days will receive three cruise credits

Cruises 45-54 days will receive four cruise credits

Cruises 55-64 days will receive five cruise credits

Cruises 65-99 days will receive seven cruise credits

Cruises 100-157  days will receive ten cruise credits

Cruises 158+ days will receive fifteen cruise credits

If anyone has a link to that information, please post it.

Thank you!

81D08075-4EE8-4D4F-9D4D-EFA4DB0615E4.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Really it should be on dollars spent for you suite, not days.  But it is what it is.

When you hit Platinum the free cruise is really a credit toward your 20th cruise. Your free cruise is toward a 14 day portion of that cruse. The dollar value computation is based on a proprietary secret formula but it is based on your typical cruise fare. So if you do 19 shorter cruises in a inside or ocean view cabins your credit will be much smaller than if your usual cruise is longer and in more expensive suites.There are a couple of CC forums on this.

Seems logical. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

When you hit Platinum the free cruise is really a credit toward your 20th cruise. Your free cruise is toward a 14 day portion of that cruse. The dollar value computation is based on a proprietary secret formula but it is based on your typical cruise fare. So if you do 19 shorter cruises in a inside or ocean view cabins your credit will be much smaller than if your usual cruise is longer and in more expensive suites.There are a couple of CC forums on this.

Seems logical. 

Really, didn’t know that—-it looks like nights cruised.  

34 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Seems logical. 

Not true. No secret formula or voodoo math.

Cruise credits are based solely on the length of the cruise (see attached). Cabin class or fare paid has nothing to do with cruise credits. And whether a multi-segment cruise is an “extended journey” or a “custom cruise,” all that matters is that anything with a single booking number uses the total nights associated with that single booking number as the basis for the cruise credits earned. 

Where a difference comes into play involves the type of cabin you can choose for your “platinum” cruise (normally that cruise which earns you the 20th cruise credit). It is that cabin class which has been the one you most often booked on the cruises that generated the 20 credits.

If you want a higher level cabin or you want to use a cruise longer than 14 days, your “paid” platinum fare portion (beyond 14 days in your average past cabin level) will be prorated by the O Club manager in Miami. As has always been the case, you pay for port fees and taxes on the entire cruise and, since several years ago, air tix are not included. It is “cruise only.”

576B5339-B293-4113-A13B-E3432ED913F0.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

Thank you for that clarification. However there is a rough equivalency between aggregate dollars average and average cabin grade cruised in.

And yet, it remains only the “nights per booking” number that earns credits. Other than your getting the complimentary Platinum cruise (value of 14 nights anywhere O cruises) in your usual cabin level, there is zero adjustment for how much you spent on the cruises that got you to Platinum. After all, the person who got to 20 credits in a B cabin on a series of twenty 23-night cruises certainly probably spent far more than the person who got their 20 credits on a series of twenty 7-10 night cruises in an A or Penthouse.

You also may be forgetting that the cost of itineraries on O varies significantly and yet the Platinum cruise can be the least or most “expensive” itinerary you can find. The only factor that could stump your plan is cabin availability.

You’re trying to make far more of this than really exists.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChadnKate said:

Thank you for that clarification. However there is a rough equivalency between aggregate dollars average and average cabin grade cruised in.

On a relative basis in cabin selection this is true. However, cruise credit is a cruise credit. Oceania has some highly desirable cruises , that waitlist upon opening, wherein they can charge a premium rate. They have other cruises that are discounted to get people aboard. Even though the daily rate may be significantly different, both cruises provide the same cruise credit.

29 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Oceania has some highly desirable cruises , that waitlist upon opening, wherein they can charge a premium rate. 

Interesting. Would love to know which ones have a premium rate (without doing all the math myself).

2 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Interesting. Would love to know which ones have a premium rate (without doing all the math myself).

I’ve found that some “circumnavigational” cruises (e.g., OZ/NZ, UK/Ireland) have higher per diem price tags and sell out quickly.

We’re about to do ARN-NYC starting in May. It replaces the cancelled 45+ day CPT-NYC cancelled by O (both extended journeys) as part of the overhaul of the current ATW itinerary. We did that original booking onboard when the ATW segments opened for bookings. The ship filled within the time we were on our cruise!

Other “popular” cruises include longer Indian Ocean crossings, Cape Horn roundings, etc.

In any case, you still will have to do the math if per diem price difference is important to you.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I’ve found that some “circumnavigational” cruises (e.g., OZ/NZ, UK/Ireland) have higher per diem price tags and sell out quickly.

We’re about to do ARN-NYC starting in May. It replaces the cancelled 45+ day CPT-NYC cancelled by O (both extended journeys) as part of the overhaul of the current ATW itinerary. We did that original booking onboard when the ATW segments opened for bookings. The ship filled within the time we were on our cruise!

Other “popular” cruises include longer Indian Ocean crossings, Cape Horn roundings, etc.

In any case, you still will have to do the math if per diem price difference is important to you.

Thanks, appreciate the insights. I think I am probably more focused on getting my reservation booked early for the most popular itineraries. Of course, price is also an issue especially because these days I am traveling solo.

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

Thanks, appreciate the insights. I think I am probably more focused on getting my reservation booked early for the most popular itineraries. Of course, price is also an issue especially because these days I am traveling solo.

Though timing is crucial (and not always possible), our Plan A strategy is usually to book onboard during spring and autumn cruises (when new itineraries are often announced). Then we transfer to a preferred TA within the 30 day post-cruise window. Note that you can also book direct with O during the 30 day window before a cruise you are about to take and get the same book onboard deal. Of course, you’ll still get the 30 day window.

NOTE: we have identified a preferred long-serving O phone rep who knows his stuff and occasionally book direct and then transfer to a preferred TA for the added perks.

FWIW: we’re big fans of using a TA for all of the obvious reasons. However, that segment of the hospitality industry is in a state of significant flux including lots of personnel changes and increasing workloads on both veteran and newer/inexperienced agents -creating some challenges to efficacy that can devalue their perks (e.g., your efforts vs their commission sharing).

31 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Agreed. That would be like airlines where the priority status that really matters now (in securing upgrades) is how much was spent on the ticket.

PQP PQR      ......  yes  bonus for ff miles only  according to class booked 

But, no bonus for segments but a bonus for Payment level.  ( where your program status is determined) the "real" benefit 

So  accrue  at 3 different rates for same trip.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Another factor is itineraries that have a short window due to seasonal restrictions. British Isles cruises, Norway, and others fall in this category. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

Not a problem, disagreement is OK.  I’m only making an opinion.  But tell me why shouldn’t a person in a owners suite should get additions points (nights).  They pay more than someone in a veranda suite.  

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Not a problem, disagreement is OK.  I’m only making an opinion.  But tell me why shouldn’t a person in a owners suite should get additions points (nights).  They pay more than someone in a veranda suite.  

One possible explanation might be that O does not want to get into the class/caste system of " I am better than you.    Secondly, a person who can afford  the lofty costs of  some upper cabins, is probably in a position that the cost/benefits are to him not in consideration....at that level.of price

images (3).jpg

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

One possible explanation might be that O does not want to get into the class/caste system of " I am better than you.    Secondly, a person who can afford  the lofty costs of  some upper cabins, is probably in a position that the cost/benefits are to him not in consideration....at that level.of price

images (3).jpg

That isn’t true, if you have an Owners Suite you get many extra perks, including dinner reservation, tender boarding, time you board the the ship and more.

And they get a “better” cabin on the Platinum cruise. So, all’s fair.

Most importantly: “don’t fix what ain’t broke.” It’s a generous O Club perk and we don’t need folks tinkering with it. 

• Like 1

There’s a reason it’s called Loyalty Club. It’s about the loyalty to Oceania and not the money spent. So the more cruises you take the more points you get. No need to make it more complicated. Sailing in the upper cabins gets you some additional benefits otherwise.

5 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

Basically what FF says below. The system works. And as you know, if you're in one of the upper suites there are many benefits already, some published and promised, some inherent in the the way things work. Celebrity has a good program that awards more for the upper rooms. On the other hand their loyalty program has no real benefits in the higher levels. 

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

And they get a “better” cabin on the Platinum cruise. So, all’s fair.

Most importantly: “don’t fix what ain’t broke.” It’s a generous O Club perk and we don’t need folks tinkering with it. 

Sometimes we agree🤣, actually more times than not.