Cruise compass on app

stjlo

1 hour ago, stjlo said:

Can anyone tell me if the Cruise Compass app shows the activities for the whole cruise or are they released daily for just that day?

The info in the app gets more accurate and complete each day up to sailing and is fairly complete by the first day. Changes can and do happen daily.

BTW, there's no Cruise Compass app (though RCI marketing confuses folks by suggesting that all of the Cruise Compass can be found in the app), it's the RCI app in which the Daily Planner tab lists most of the things (but far from all) in the paper Cruise Compass.

I used the app on our cruise a few weeks ago.  It was good to have.  However, However, it does not replace the Cruise Compass.  In the app each category is under a different tab.  [i.e. entertainment, activities, headliner shows.]  To know all of the things happening at a given time the Compass is the most useful. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I used the app on our cruise a few weeks ago.  It was good to have.  However, However, it does not replace the Cruise Compass.  In the app each category is under a different tab.  [i.e. entertainment, activities, headliner shows.]  To know all of the things happening at a given time the Compass is the most useful. 

A paper copy of the Cruise Compass is so much better than trying to use the app. There is more information and it's quicker to find it. The app requires too much scrolling and searching to find the available activities at any given time. RCI is getting away from the printed copy. I get it, save paper and all that "green" stuff. But, I don't want to have to carry my phone with me everywhere on the ship. I want to carry the paper copy of the Compass. Last month we asked our stateroom attendant for a paper copy and he delivered one to us each night. If RCI is going to do away with the paper copy, they need to do a better job on the app. I know this is probably way beyond RCI's IT department but couldn't they make a PDF of the Compass visible on the app.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

couldn't they make a PDF of the Compass visible on the app.

Agreed.  Even as a young'un, I hate having to scroll through the digital menus.  Just give me a PDF.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

You don't HAVE to use the filters -- you can just have it on "everything" and see it all in one place.  

I like the filters b/c I don't want to see the specials at the spa, or the classes in the fitness center -- if I want to see what shows are going on, I just hit "entertainment". 

Just click on "Show All" and guess what.... you see it all!  LOL

Screenshot_20220421-182228-938.thumb.png.e7aefbcedcedeccbb0fdb833a3baf946.png

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

You don't HAVE to use the filters -- you can just have it on "everything" and see it all in one place.  

I like the filters b/c I don't want to see the specials at the spa, or the classes in the fitness center -- if I want to see what shows are going on, I just hit "entertainment". 

Just click on "Show All" and guess what.... you see it all!  LOL

Screenshot_20220421-182228-938.thumb.png.e7aefbcedcedeccbb0fdb833a3baf946.png

Ha ha,  I did not notice that.  Good to know.🙄

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

How long ago? They started phasing out the paper copies, I think, around the beginning of March.

We dis a B2B cruise on the Explorer, 13 and 20 March. We received the Cruise Compass each evening. 

17 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I get it, save paper and all that "green" stuff. But, I don't want to have to carry my phone with me everywhere on the ship. I want to carry the paper copy of the Compass.

I agree. It does save the "green stuff" if you are referring to green cash for the executives and increase profit margins. This has nothing to do with being green for mother earth. If that was the case, they would stop cruising or build more ecofriendly ships. Their motive is not conscientious to the planet.