Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

What do you mean "at better times and with officer attendance"?

Phil 

On our April 5 Quest cruises, the Meet and Mingle was scheduled at 5 p.m.-2 hours after boarding and at the same time as sail away. There was no notice of the event other than the daily newsletter. If someone on this message board hadn’t given us a heads up that it’s been happening on the first night, we wouldn’t have checked. Out of 80 people registered, only about a dozen showed up.  Other cruises, it’s been held in the Cabaret Lounge with officers present.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

The lighting is terrible in the pictures posted.

I think the pics you posted are the colors in the cabins, just the lighting was poor.  Makes the cabins look dark.

No set lights, no professional equipment, just the ambient light and and the smartphone camera.

Thanks for the pictures.  In addition to other questions, it might be helpful to post a few pictures of the electrical plugs/chargers in the cabin.  Are there some USB charge ports (they are sometimes on the wall lights)?  How many, where, and what type of outlets?

I'm sure wifi will be hard to quantify, but still any thoughts might be helpful.

6 hours ago, neverseasick said:

Yes, the furniture and details in these pictures are similar to what I was hoping we'd see!

https://cruises.united.com/shipdetail.do?c=325&v=1187

I have just looked at the photos in the above link and I don't think they are new photos of Onward.

There is a picture of the Land Discoveries Desk adjacent to the Conciege desk.  Surely the Land Discoveries is now on deck 5 in the Den, nowhere near the Conciege.  I believe they are just general photos of an Azamara ship.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

On our April 5 Quest cruises, the Meet and Mingle was scheduled at 5 p.m.-2 hours after boarding and at the same time as sail away. There was no notice of the event other than the daily newsletter. If someone on this message board hadn’t given us a heads up that it’s been happening on the first night, we wouldn’t have checked. Out of 80 people registered, only about a dozen showed up.  Other cruises, it’s been held in the Cabaret Lounge with officers present.

From my experience the Cruise Critic gatherings have always been scheduled for around sailaway and yes, the daily newsletter was the place it's detailed.  They have always been well attended by officers and hosted by the CD.  Covid has played its part.  For a while there were no meet and mingles at all. 

Phil

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

have just looked at the photos in the above link and I don't think they are new photos of Onward.

There is a picture of the Land Discoveries Desk adjacent to the Conciege desk.  Surely the Land Discoveries is now on deck 5 in the Den, nowhere near the Conciege.  I believe they are just general photos of an Azamara ship.

Yes, I agree. The rooms are beautifully designed and I'm hoping the Onward's are equally so. 

11 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Great to see so many questions! Will try to get to some of these in the next few days. 

A few photos so far. Ship has same look and feel as other Azamara ships - not a lot of changes. 

A caution that the ship is definitely in shakedown mode and things are not quite done. The pool deck in particular still needs its furniture. No outdoor furniture on the balconies yet.

No furniture on the balconies or pool deck!  Do you know if it will be arriving by Monday?

30 minutes ago, malcliz said:

No furniture on the balconies or pool deck!  Do you know if it will be arriving by Monday?

Another thing to add to the packing list 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

“A few other items are missing, as well, such as the Azamara hangers (yes, you will have hangers, just not ours), laundry bags, slippers and a few other things”

Perhaps the chairs are the “few other things”  😂😂

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'll be very interested to see a few aspect photos of the Atlas Bar.

Phil 

I have seen a recent photo which shows that the ceiling is a plain, pale colour now. I’m sad that the beautiful painted ceiling is gone. Maybe they can reinstate something similar in the future.

1 minute ago, lisiamc said:

I have seen a recent photo which shows that the ceiling is a plain, pale colour now. I’m sad that the beautiful painted ceiling is gone. Maybe they can reinstate something similar in the future.

I saw that photo and also a huge sit up bar in the middle of the room.  A ruined space IMHO but I was never happy from the moment I heard the beautiful library was going.  

Can you also post copies of its menu and find out are the dishes charged for or not (not that many appealed - fois gras etc another style over substance for me.   Maybe I am getting too old for change..... 🙂 )

• Like 3

2 hours ago, malcliz said:

“A few other items are missing, as well, such as the Azamara hangers (yes, you will have hangers, just not ours), laundry bags, slippers and a few other things”

Relieved to see photos of the beds! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

I talked with the current CMO about the role that Bonnie had. Unfortunately they probably will not replace until things normalize a bit more. 

Thank you for asking.   I hope they recognize there are customer service and customer relationship deficiencies, at least on the back office (pre-cruise) side of things.   I realize Sycamore wants to become the next Blackstone, not the next Viking;  but from my worms-eye view maximizing their Az investment will require more than appealing itineraries and excellent on-board service.   That's the limit of my high finance expertise for today;  now back to the spelling bee.  

• Like 3

Hello Chris, as I'm starting to pack things here in Toronto for our flights tonight, I just thought of something perhaps you can ask.

Do they have distilled water for people's CPAP machines? If not, then I will pick up a jug somewhere!

In the past Azamara always had this for guests. I'm almost certain the Onward will too but worth asking in case they've had supply chain issues on this item.

Thank you!

Michiel

3 hours ago, malcliz said:

I guess I will just have to pack the Azamara slippers I took home from a previous cruise. They are still in their plastic wrap shrink wrap, might be worth me selling back to Azamara or donate to a silent auction! :-)

• Haha 3

Are there better and more movie and music options for your room.  I always put this on the survey as "room for major improvement" and they still have not improved in this category.  If I see Breakfast at Tiffany's or West Side Story one more time on the daily schedule...😂. It drives me a little nuts and they repeat the same movies old on just one segment and when you come back months or years later on another cruise.    Ok enough of how I feel 🤗😊.  We really love Azamara.  We are booked on World Cruise just hoping the movies and music in the cabins are better in 2024.

Thank you and have a great day!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1