How long is Aon Affinity taking to reimburse claims?

dickinson

Still waiting for a trip interruption claim filed June 19th. I had to provide proof that I tested positive for Covid with a quarantine order (both documents from Princess that I hadn't gotten until late September. I've been waiting since then with my case in processing and nobody at Aon able to tell me a reason for the delay. I suspect my two calls shuffled my claim to the bottom of the stack as suggested above. 

I've learned to use another insurance company and get all documentation while onboard, regardless of having a high fever and feeling like crud. 

Also no word about the reimbursement for meals while in a quarantine hotel in London. I know I read on here that Princess covers that but it seems I need to go through Aon and get denied first - going on 5 months later, no progress despite sending photos of receipts as directed by Aon.

8 hours ago, venussuz said:

Still waiting for a trip interruption claim filed June 19th. I had to provide proof that I tested positive for Covid with a quarantine order (both documents from Princess that I hadn't gotten until late September. I've been waiting since then with my case in processing and nobody at Aon able to tell me a reason for the delay. I suspect my two calls shuffled my claim to the bottom of the stack as suggested above. 

I've learned to use another insurance company and get all documentation while onboard, regardless of having a high fever and feeling like crud. 

Also no word about the reimbursement for meals while in a quarantine hotel in London. I know I read on here that Princess covers that but it seems I need to go through Aon and get denied first - going on 5 months later, no progress despite sending photos of receipts as directed by Aon.

I was lucky in that Princess gave me the info (positive test result and letter telling me I would be disembarked), so at least I had that.  As for the per diem reimbursement, that's totally on Princess' end.  I filed a claim online on their site (http://www.princess.com/refund-request:), called Customer Service and asked to be connected to Customer Relations (the next step up).  The site form asks for receipts for the meals, but they're not required (per the Princess documents I received when disembarked AND per the CS rep I spoke to.  She told me I could upload whatever document I wanted, so I tried uploading the letter they gave me, but nothing worked.  SOOOOOO, I emailed the with my problem (customerrelations@princesscruises.com) and then 4 weeks later I spoke with a Customer Relations person named Mrs. Patterson who apologized profusely for the delay and confusion and expedited everything.  I had a check 2 weeks later.  Bottom line, for th per diem, you DO NOT go through AON, just directly through Princess.  I hope this helps, let me know if you need more info/help.

• Thanks 1

1/29/22 - passed out on REGAL while in Grand Turk

5/4/22 - filed claim(s) with AON and UHC (medicare supplemental)  I know, I know

7/6 - received payment in full, no deductible from UHC

7/6 - reported payment received from UHC to AON

8/19 - received check from AON for $128.53 which was for a couple of deductibles for ER and Dr. after returning home - $3.53 was for interest

we didn't get reimbursed by either for a $28 medical records printout fee from REGAL medical center.

others have reported they did

my charge from REGAL medical was $1,205.74

my follow-up at our local ER (weekend) was $15,052.34 - of which our share was $90.00

my follow-up with Cardiologist was a $35.00 copay

26 minutes ago, voljeep said:

1/29/22 - passed out on REGAL while in Grand Turk

5/4/22 - filed claim(s) with AON and UHC (medicare supplemental)  I know, I know

7/6 - received payment in full, no deductible from UHC

7/6 - reported payment received from UHC to AON

8/19 - received check from AON for $128.53 which was for a couple of deductibles for ER and Dr. after returning home - $3.53 was for interest

we didn't get reimbursed by either for a $28 medical records printout fee from REGAL medical center.

others have reported they did

my charge from REGAL medical was $1,205.74

my follow-up at our local ER (weekend) was $15,052.34 - of which our share was $90.00

my follow-up with Cardiologist was a $35.00 copay

Thanks! It helps to hear a story of the process working, both with AON and UHC. I'm happy to hear things went well with your claims. 

I hope you're doing better now. Given that I recognize your name and picture, I suspect that's true. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fairie1960 said:

I was lucky in that Princess gave me the info (positive test result and letter telling me I would be disembarked), so at least I had that.  As for the per diem reimbursement, that's totally on Princess' end.  I filed a claim online on their site (http://www.princess.com/refund-request:), called Customer Service and asked to be connected to Customer Relations (the next step up).  The site form asks for receipts for the meals, but they're not required (per the Princess documents I received when disembarked AND per the CS rep I spoke to.  She told me I could upload whatever document I wanted, so I tried uploading the letter they gave me, but nothing worked.  SOOOOOO, I emailed the with my problem (customerrelations@princesscruises.com) and then 4 weeks later I spoke with a Customer Relations person named Mrs. Patterson who apologized profusely for the delay and confusion and expedited everything.  I had a check 2 weeks later.  Bottom line, for th per diem, you DO NOT go through AON, just directly through Princess.  I hope this helps, let me know if you need more info/help.

I appreciate the link, but I'm afraid it's not working now nor was it working when I tried to use it in June. Emailing customer relations sounds like a good next step. Thanks for the help!

5 hours ago, fairie1960 said:

Agree. Still waiting from AON (late June) but also filed w Princess and got taxes and port fees first and two months later the per diem.

22 hours ago, fairie1960 said:

I filed a claim with AON infinity on 03 August - very straightforward, disembarked due to positive COVID test.  Submitted all the paperwork/proof and got the standard "Apologies for the wait time, we're processing a significant number of claims currently.  Waited 21 days and called, told it's "still taking a long time, they've received my paperwork and will contact me if they need anything else". Advised to wait 21 BUSINESS days.  Waited the requested time and still nothing.  Not even moved from "Assigned Examiner" to "In Progress". Called for a third time and asked for a supervisor who told me they were working as fast as possible and asked for ANOTHER 30 days!  Waited those 30 days and called for a fourth time today.  Still NO ACTION and I got the same script read to me as before: "I do apologize for the wait time, I see here we have received your paperwork and we are working as quickly as possible".  Asked for a supervisor again and she read me the same script, said it would be another 30 days and still couldn't tell me that I would have any results by then.  I'm pretty upset by now, it's been over 80 days with ZERO results or assistance.  Not happy that I have literally ZERO recourse and am at their mercy...needless to say, I will NEVER use them again and will be filing complaints with every agency and regulatory office I can.

Had a medical  emergency  during a cruise in February  and am still waiting  for reimbursement  for expenses  incurred .  I call every 4 weeks to check on the status  of my claim. Every time I get the same response   "Oh yes , we're  working  on it."  Good luck to all who filed claims with Aon.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JEH said:

Had a medical  emergency  during a cruise in February  and am still waiting  for reimbursement  for expenses  incurred .  I call every 4 weeks to check on the status  of my claim. Every time I get the same response   "Oh yes , we're  working  on it."  Good luck to all who filed claims with Aon.

are these shipboard medical center expenses?

do/did you have other primary insurance?

6 hours ago, venussuz said:

I appreciate the link, but I'm afraid it's not working now nor was it working when I tried to use it in June. Emailing customer relations sounds like a good next step. Thanks for the help!

Oh NO!!!  Seriously?!?!?  That's horrible, I'm so sorry...

When you call, ask to speak to someone in Customer Relations...you'll get Customer Service first, but explain your situation and ask them to connect you to them...Finger's crossed for you!

• Like 1

Sorry folks are having issues. We waited five weeks for our reimbursement last spring. Had to cancel both Princess and NCL and received both checks within days of each other. I was still in the hospital and my husband called them was told what to sent and that was it. Both lines use the same insurance but did of course call two different numbers each line gave him to call. He was very happy with this company's representative each time.

16 hours ago, voljeep said:

are these shipboard medical center expenses?

do/did you have other primary insurance?

Blue Cross covered the majority  of my expenses , all ship board charges were paid. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, venussuz said:

The link will work if you take the colon out.

https://www.princess.com/refund-request

or

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page?type=refund&topic=1

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2022 at 6:28 AM, fairie1960 said:

This is somewhat encouraging. My wife tested positive the last night of our cruise  on August 4 and we were both told to isolate in our cabin. The next morning we were transported to a hotel near Heathrow Airport. We were also given her positive test report and each a letter with the date we left isolation on the ship. Princess paid for five days in the hotel, but since we couldn't fly back to the US until 10 days from the positive test we paid for the additional 5 days. I submitted a meal claim to Princess and the extra hotel charges to AON. I have claim numbers from both. I had no trouble uploading documents. Considering how many people have submitted Covid claims I can see resolution taking a long time.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

Not Aon, but just for a point of reference we had another third party insurance for a land trip we took back in April.  We had to make a claim due to flight delays and just got our check this week.  I think a lot of insurance companies are struggling now.  But hey, we eventually got paid so Ill take that as a win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billco said:

Duh! I didn't even notice the colon in the original link, removing it as you showed makes all the difference. Fortunately I was able to submit the request using ProfMHC's excellent pictures from the website.  

From reading this and other forums, I expected the 3 to 6 month wait from AON though I of course hoped otherwise. What I didn't expect was being asked to provide the same documents three times now, which I have done. Better to send them multiple times than to be told they didn't receive them the first time. Three AON reps I've spoken to in three weeks have told me "Yes, they received all my documents, nothing more is needed," "No, they didn't receive any documents from me," (despite having receipts that they received them) and lastly "I'm unable to view your documents as they're coded confidential. Please send everything again." None of this is encouraging for a claim filed June 19.

Two more months of not so patiently waiting.

Edited by venussuz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@venussuz Have you had any luck? My husband got sick on The NCL Joy in July. We bought insurance through NCL which is AON. He is claiming just medical center expenses and the hospital charges in Bermuda. It wasn’t COVID, something totally unexpected. Submitted documents end of August including Medicare denial. On 11/4 they asked for the documentation from the ship. They said they had the Bermuda hospital documents. So, I uploaded everything again. The call center people can’t tell you what documents they have….so frustrating. 

I called NH insurance department, they recommend that we file a formal complaint because AON required by NH statute to respond to them in 10 days. UGH… Seems crazy

BTW…. He’s fine now….but a frightening experience 

• Thanks 2

Well, here it is December, and I STILL haven't received anything from my AON claim that I filed back in August.  I know insurance companies aren't in a hurry to give you back your money when you have a valid claim, but...sheesh.

Anyone have a different insurance provider that they can recommend?  We've stopped booking cruises until this is resolved, but now that it's still not been resolved, we're looking for other providers that might not be so slow to adjudicate valid claims.  Seems they took my payment when I booked the cruise fast enough😉

Thanks for any advice!