Are we trying to do too much?

My girlfriend and I planning to do navigator of the seas on May 20. We have selected the 2:30 pm embarkation time in order to get in a half day of work in the morning. We booked a 4pm couples massage and the 6:30pm chefs table. Are we pressing it in terms of packing in too much too close together?

Also, with the chefs table including drinks, and our day 3 excursion including drinks, we’re planning to skip the drink package. Does this make sense to all of you experts?

Thanks,

Oliver

• Like 1

Just now, ograff said:

Does this make sense to all of you experts?

Welcome to CC.

Yes, the short sailings usually have the highest drink package prices. Yo may want to relax a bit and don't try to do everything - leave that for subsequent cruises.

38 minutes ago, ograff said:

My girlfriend and I planning to do navigator of the seas on May 20. We have selected the 2:30 pm embarkation time in order to get in a half day of work in the morning. We booked a 4pm couples massage and the 6:30pm chefs table. Are we pressing it in terms of packing in too much too close together?

Also, with the chefs table including drinks, and our day 3 excursion including drinks, we’re planning to skip the drink package. Does this make sense to all of you experts?

Thanks,

Oliver

Seems a bit tight to me.  I’d do the message or chefs Table on a different day.  But maybe it works.  I just wouldn’t want to stress over it so I’d change, but that’s just my opinion.  

Depends on how heavy you drink.  If you consume a lot, the package still might be worth it.  If you are moderate to light drinkers, might be best to pay as you go.  

I think you are pushing tight with massage and chefs table.   I find my hair to be greasy feeling after a full body massage, especially if they do head massage too!

I would have to wash my hair before dinner but would hate to have to rush around after a nice relaxing massage.

• Like 4

Massage is always good on day 1.  I need it after 12 hour flight, but sounds like you're within shouting distance of port.  Push that Chef's table well into the evening, and chill out for a couple hours before to let the massage glow settle.  While chilling, be sure to order your breakfast for 10:30AM delivery. You don't have a planned excursion on day 2, so the evening can go as long as the music lasts.  Spend some time after O`dark:30 watching the midnight movie under the stars wrapped up in the spare comforter under your bed.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ograff said:

And to make sure, does it seem like those Friday night plans are workable or will we be scrambling?

If you want to squeeze everything in, sure, but some/most would spread things out over the cruise or another sailing.

DW always gets a massage on day 1 but then I make sure we have the earliest boarding time possible and I push dinner out a little later.  If you're committed to working that day I'd push the chef's table to another night. Cruising is about relaxing for us and stressing about meeting to many scheduled things on day 1 is sure to ruin it for us.  You may be different though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...