Verifly

On 6/19/2022 at 7:38 AM, Wendy-Europe said:

We have been at the covid test and tried to upload the results within the 3 day period into verifly, but the app refused and wrote 48 hours,  even if Holland Americas policy is 3 days. (Europe cruise,  no greek port)

Same problem here. Now within 3 days of our Sunday Amsterdam departure, but Verifly won’t accept an antigen test result. Will try again tomorrow when we’re down to 48 hours and under.

Frustrating to spend additional time working around glitches...

2 hours ago, BEAV said:

Same problem here. Now within 3 days of our Sunday Amsterdam departure, but Verifly won’t accept an antigen test result. Will try again tomorrow when we’re down to 48 hours and under.

If I remember correctly, and it was nearly 3 weeks ago, the ability to upload the test to Verifly occurred around the 60 hour mark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BEAV said:

@BEAV

Are you sailing out of Canada or does your trip include a Canadian port ?

10 hours ago, Laminator said:

If I remember correctly, and it was nearly 3 weeks ago, the ability to upload the test to Verifly occurred around the 60 hour mark.

VeriFly will now accept an Antigen test, however it won’t allow June 23 as the date of test — only July 24 for June 26 departure from Amsterdam. 

So worthless for us to use. No real biggie, but sorry I wasted time trying to use the app… 

• Like 1

Completed all the required information yesterday afternoon. We begin our cruise this Sunday.

On one hand, the app says that everything is completed but when I click on "view pass" it takes me to a screen that says I need to complete the requirements. But the requiremes all show that they are comple and have been accpted. So, basically, I have a completed app that will not generate the pass.

At this point I'm just not going to delete everything and start over. We don't have the time for such nonsense.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, willoL said:

Unfortunately, my initial experience with Verifly was negative, too.

I'm a software engineer by training who is comfortable with her smart phone. The app installed fine, it was easy to create my account and add my second stateroom passenger, but no form of QR code was accepted by the app. (I tried using the digital copy on my phone, taking a screenshot of the phone's copy, scanning it from a screen, and printing it before scanning off of paper.)

Especially irritating is the fact that there is no FAQ about the error message I got. ("Sorry. An unexpected error occurred. Please see the log files" with no error logs I could find to check in the app's settings.) My only option was to contact tech support. Ugh!

Deleting and re-installing the app didn't solve my problem, either.

BUT, here is one good thing to say about Verifly. Their Help Desk responded very quickly (within an hour) and explained *my* issue. You can't upload your vaccine record until within 30 days of a cruise!

Of course, a better app would have responded to my attempt to upload documents outside the allowed time period with a MEANINGFUL MESSAGE that explained the problem. Instead of "unexpected error," Verifly should pop up "It's too early to upload this document." Then, I would've had a more positive impression of the product overall.

--willo

Thank you for this!  We have been trying to figure out why we couldn't upload our vaccination proof.  It would have been nice if the app told us it had to be within 30 days of embarkation!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, kstrittm said:

I'm new at this as well, but I think the health assessment form is completed 3 days prior to the trip on the HAL website.  I'm guessing you can print it when done.  The COVID test is 2 -3 days prior (depending on your vax situation). 

Like you, I'm not totally clear on how to transfer the info into VeriFly.  I assume I can take a screenshot of the health assessment and upload it.  I also assume the COVID proctor will send a QR code that can be scanned into VeriFly.

Great question - I'm following to see if I can learn from you!  

Where does one find this health assessment? I didn't know anything about  it (first time cruiser)

24 minutes ago, Ellen495 said:

Where does one find this health assessment? I didn't know anything about  it (first time cruiser)

It's on the HAL Website/Navigator app - part of the check-in process. Not available until 3 days prior to cruise.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, fkfad said:

I initially had problems with Verifly in that it didn't give me a link to upload our vaccination records.  After several attempts and lots of research (I couldn't find any helpful information on this), I decided to delete the app and start all over.  Once the app was downloaded again, I was able to add our cruise, take our pictures, and the link showed up to upload pictures of our vaccination records.  I am very technically saavy and get frustrated by applications that don't work propery or are not user-friendly!!  I always think how difficult these situations are for my parents and feel that the companies responsible for developing these applications should put them through more stringent quality tests, especially if they are to be used by those of us considered seniors!  (My rant is now done...  lol)

On behalf of your parents....thank you.

Just returned from our Alaskan land/cruise tour.  No one ever asked to see our VeriFLY.  It did help us get onto the ship a bit faster than those without it, as they have a separate line for VeriFLY users.  But as more folks complete the process, that line gets longer. 🤷🏻‍♀️