Semi-Live Norwegian Joy to Bermuda - Norfolk, VA - May 8, 2022

mking8288

2 minutes ago, Dushi said:

We noticed an increasing number of people who skipped the washing stations in the Buffet and Observation Lounge later on in the week.

I was on the April 26 Joy out of NYC.  Same thing: it was pretty noticeable that most people blew-off the washing stations and even the squirts from the staff.  That's opposed to a one month prior March sailing on the Getaway where staff were more boisterous in pushing the washing and cruisers were more willing to do the hand cleaning.  Too bad.  It's not asking a lot...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Got our virtual balcony restored & back to dual screens again.  Looks pretty surreal.

PXL_20220512_232558577.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_232612903.jpg

Looks great!

From your pictures, I thought this was a "real" window at first.

I have seen these on the inside rooms on the Anthem.
This picture looks sort of like the infinite verandah on the Celebrity Edge.

We have 5 more "next cruise" certificates. All were purchased pre pandemic. All expired. We called ans asked if they are a lost cause. They renewed two of them till end of 2022 and three till 2025. So yes your two cents (which are worth a billion $ to us) will be appreciated a lot and all the pictures will really help a lot. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

• Like 1

I've never seen a little "train" in Hamilton before - only the one at the Dockyard. Where does it go and what does it cost? It would be great if it would take you up to the bus station. My back won't allow me to walk up that hill anymore.

Edited by peg013
  • Like 1

Onboard the ferry again, heading back to Dockyard now, plenty of time for lunch. Then get to a vantage point for sail away. 

Bye, Hamilton, until next time - Susan shared the sadness about businesses as we walked along Front Street, hope recovery is underway. 

BTC's local 4G network is fast on my Google Pixel 4a5G, couldn't get it to connect on the backup iPhone SE 2020.  These Hamilton phones taken on a Xiaomi dual sim global smartphone. 

Getting ready to dock again - fast ferry in 20 minutes.

IMG_20220513_114831.jpg

IMG_20220513_114810.jpg

IMG_20220513_115018.jpg

IMG_20220513_114904.jpg

IMG_20220513_114850.jpg

IMG_20220513_114846.jpg

IMG_20220513_114932.jpg

IMG_20220513_115028.jpg

IMG_20220513_120342.jpg

IMG_20220513_120406.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Dushi said:

The doors to many of the indoor public restrooms (as opposed to the public restrooms on the pool deck) were left open during the May 1 Joy sailing as well.  

The same “gastro” notification was in our Freestyle Dailies on the last two days.  We noticed an increasing number of people who skipped the washing stations in the Buffet and Observation Lounge later on in the week.

Same on the 4/26 cruise...

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Looks great! ... your two cents (which are worth a billion $ to us) will be appreciated a lot and all the pictures will really help ...

Let's wait and see 🤨 

Can you see us over there under the Moon Gate 😁😁😁

Lunch buffet is done, back to drop things off and down to be Waterfront to look for pier runners in about 45+ minutes.

IMG_20220513_133830.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Let's wait and see 🤨 

Can you see us over there under the Moon Gate 😁😁😁

Lunch buffet is done, back to drop things off and down to be Waterfront to look for pier runners in about 45+ minutes.

IMG_20220513_133830.jpg

😁

Priority Disembarkation for suites - here's the letter delivered into the suite while we're out & about. 

Latitudes Sapphire get priority disembarkation too, even if staying in a solo, inside or oceanview 🫢 😳 🤔 🤫 🙄

Let's hold a post-cruise debriefing later, 🤞hold this hot topic discussions, please 👌.

PXL_20220513_165857240.jpg

P.S. Never in a rush to go home or rush to leave the ship, we'll go to the MDR for a leisurely full breakfast that disembarkation morning.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Priority Disembarkation for suites - here's the letter delivered into the suite while we're out & about. 

Latitudes Sapphire get priority disembarkation too, even if staying in a solo, inside or oceanview 🫢 😳 🤔 🤫 🙄

Let's hold a post-cruise debriefing later, 🤞hold this hot topic discussions, please 👌.

PXL_20220513_165857240.jpg

living locally, hoping to stay on as long as possible, with a leisurely breakfast. Last one they were pushing us off without having eaten - way too early.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peg013 said:

I've never seen a little "train" in Hamilton before - only the one at the Dockyard. Where does it go and what does it cost? ...

I believed that was being runned for NCL as the West End Trolley 1 hour tour, price listed on shorex page.

• Thanks 1

Henry... You have out done yourself with this Semi-Live review. I especially loved, the spectacular pictures from Hamilton. It is so sad that only the small cruise ships can enter that harbor and Cruise Terminal 6, which I docked at 3 times, is hardly ever used. I have plenty of questions for you as my family will be on The Joy on 5/29. However, I will wait for your debrief upon your return. Enjoy Sailaway and thank you again for all your hard work !!!

Mike A

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

I believed that was being runned for NCL as the West End Trolley 1 hour tour, price listed on shorex page.

I remember there was also a trolley/train tour run by Bermuda Aquarium on certain days (during the good old days before the big C). This was not that trolley.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

It wouldn't be that. The West End Trolley is only scheduled as a one hour excursion and doesn't get further from the Dockyard than Somerset Village .

It should be this tour, which starts on Front St. and gets as far as the BUEI:

http://www.bermudatrain.com/hamilton-tour

• Thanks 2