Semi-Live Norwegian Joy to Bermuda - Norfolk, VA - May 8, 2022

mking8288

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@njhorsemanI sent and paid for the application.  I got back an "application pending review" where they said I'd receive another e-mail 4 days prior to embarkation.

Is the "application pending review" the provisional approval or is that something else?  There is an application number on what I received.

In order to be fully approved you need to revisit the site (that's the reminder email 4-days prior to booking they are referring to) to upload your negative TEST RESULTS (can't do that more than 2 days before embarkation.)  If you do not do that, you will be granted a "provisional approval" to BOARD the ship, but you will NOT be able to get off in Bermuda until you have fully completed the required documentation (negative Covid test results uploaded) and that documentation has been reviewed and approved.  So, no benefit in waiting and boarding with a "provisional" approval - it will just cause you to have to frantically get a test onboard (is that even possible?) and upload your documents to the Bermuda site via ship WiFi while onboard - then WAIT for approval.  Much easier and saner to do it all in advance.

I think the "provisional approval" process is really about Bermuda not having enough folks available to do the approvals prior to boarding with the increase in ship passenger capacity - so they are not going to deny people boarding for that reason.  It's not intended to give cruisers more time.  (At least not the way I see it.)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, andychris said:

Thank you for posting this letter with the update of the platinum dining options. I didn’t know that there was an onda. I thought it was lacucina. 
thAnk you 

There isnt an Onda on the Joy. This is a fleetwide covering every option.

As an update to my prior posts on this: This afternoon I received confirmation via email from a Sales Team Leader in NextCruise department that this update of increased flexibility is in effect now and for all ships. Further, the gentleman indicated that they are in process of updating website and vouchers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Anyone watching from the ship the Sail GP boats sailing around? 

Nice picture 🆒 

BTW, message delivered to Danny in person, he should be in contact with you.

• Thanks 1

Tonight's casual dinner at Food Republic using 2x Platinum/Sapphire vouchers - hostess explained we can each order 4 items on the menu, 16 in total - which we can share for 6.  If we need more, just order extra - OMG. 

We ended up with 2 plates full of sushi rolls to bring back to our suite for a late night snacks. 

PXL_20220512_231701683.jpg

PXL_20220512_220436589.MP.jpg

PXL_20220512_220459194.jpg

PXL_20220512_220446878.jpg

PXL_20220512_221156355.jpg

PXL_20220512_221857847.jpg

PXL_20220512_222233296.jpg

PXL_20220512_222426776.jpg

PXL_20220512_222418829.jpg

PXL_20220512_222626370.jpg

PXL_20220512_222638385.jpg

PXL_20220512_222609905.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Prize for the quiz?

More beautiful photos from Spice H2O this evening to dream while planning your next NCL cruise. 

Seriously, there's a reminder message on tomorrow's FS Dailies about Acute Gastroenteritis ... and for guests to report symptoms of diarrhea or vomiting.  Washy Washy. Just - not - what we need to deal with. My hunch was spot on then ... 

PXL_20220512_212805843.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

More beautiful photos from Spice H2O this evening to dream while planning your next NCL cruise. 

Seriously, there's a reminder message on tomorrow's FS Dailies about Acute Gastroenteritis ... and for guests to report symptoms of diarrhea or vomiting.  Washy Washy. Just - not - what we need to deal with. My hunch was spot on then ... 

PXL_20220512_212805843.jpg

37 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@mking8288

I missed something.   What was your hunch and why?

18 minutes ago, advancedalgebra said:

WHAT WAS YOUR HUNCH?  Is there a large virus circulating?

I'd say that the public restroom doors being kept open is the clue that there is noro on the ship. I've seen that more than once.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I'd say that the public restroom doors being kept open is the clue that there is noro on the ship. I've seen that more than once.

They'd save a lot of trees if they always left them open. JMHO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peg013 said:

save a lot of trees if they always left them open

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I'd say that ... the clue that there is noro on the ship ...

I rather not get confirmation that there's a minor outbreak, like I suspected back then cruising together w Arzenna on that Carribean 14 nighters. Subtle hints & signs pointing to concerns & contact precautions, whereas Covid-19 is both airborne infected and direct contacted. Salt & pepper shakers, ketchup bottles & utensils are still out on the buffet table. For the next 60 hours or so, just going to be extra cautious. Probably still below the CDC-USCG reporting threshold to declare it. 

Memo to next 2 Roll Call and M&G team leaders, don't hit the panic button. I rather be proven wrong, really.  Covid is the real evil and masks now being optional almost everywhere ...

• Like 4

PXL_20220513_032206299.MP.jpg

PXL_20220513_032302940.MP.jpg

See that Health Reminder on page 1 - Day 6's Freestyle Dailies - it's not about social distancing or masks ... 

Again, no facts ... just a semi-educated guess, I can't prove it - nor ... Friday, all abroad is no later than 2:30 pm for 3 pm sailing (2 pm EDT for pier runners).  We'll be on the Waterfront to look for the ropes to be released. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, mking8288 said:

I rather not get confirmation that there's a minor outbreak, like I suspected back then cruising together w Arzenna on that Carribean 14 nighters. Subtle hints & signs pointing to concerns & contact precautions, whereas Covid-19 is both airborne infected and direct contacted. Salt & pepper shakers, ketchup bottles & utensils are still out on the buffet table. For the next 60 hours or so, just going to be extra cautious. Probably still below the CDC-USCG reporting threshold to declare it. 

Memo to next 2 Roll Call and M&G team leaders, don't hit the panic button. I rather be proven wrong, really.  Covid is the real evil and masks now being optional almost everywhere ...

That's me for the next one. I will be wearing my mask in any crowded space and in elevators. I've been on sailings with noro, if it's bad you will see people wearing suits and putting tape across doors.
Unless I absolutely can't, I will go back to my cabin anytime I need the restroom.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Hi, Henry. Looks like you are having a great time!

So the waitstaff at Cagney's explicitly told you that the meals had different rules? 

I ask (again--sorry) because below is the letter that several people report receiving last month on the JOY. (which seems to be a general letter because it indicates restaurants not even found on the Joy.) Some got it from NextCruise personnel and another reported it was in their room upon arrival.

I did ask you about this letter and you indicated that they didn't provide it to you, so I suppose they already pulled this. But in the event you are using your vouchers at Food Republic tonight, you may want to show this to the NextCruise desk and see if it should also be in effect as the $35 limit pp would not be in effect and rather just a 4 items limit regardless of total cost.  Again, may not be worth your time dependent on what your schedule is today and availability of someone to address the question to.

Have a great afternoon and evening! 

latitudes dining letter.jpg

Since about seven years ago, meals and what is included, under status meals like Platinum, staff 'informally' make up limits to what is included.  If you have status, print out terms.  Some here will point out never had issue while many of us report sitting down and first words are you are limited to x y z while not exactly correct puts a damper on things.  For your convenience, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning from Deck 16 Fwd - Garden Cafe.  Smoked Salmon available up here & multiple cook-to-order eggs & omelette stations. 

From subtle indications, no serious outbreak of any kind, just vigilance & consistent reminders to be washy washy often.

Taking a quick ferry ride to Hamilton for a city visit & back to not miss the ship. Port agent's info, phone # and email on the FS Dailies for emergencies.

PXL_20220513_111625161.jpg

PXL_20220513_105219756.jpg

• Like 2

Good morning @dexddd you hit the spot with the commentary. I plainly told the waiter, just charge it - any extras - to my account.  Besides, I am not paying cash here. 

But for serviced going above & beyond, for my convenience, we tip in cash & almost all of them understood the subtle hints, sooner or later. Management at Miami HQ, not so sure whether they really stand behind what they proclaimed. 

Sailaway time was listed as 4 pm when we booked the Joy, it is going to be 3 pm local / Bermuda time.

I will write up more thoughts post-cruise this time.

PXL_20220513_114559925.jpg

They are definitely frequently wiping the elevator buttons clean & sanitizing 👍👍👍 and these stations are deployed.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The doors to many of the indoor public restrooms (as opposed to the public restrooms on the pool deck) were left open during the May 1 Joy sailing as well.  

The same “gastro” notification was in our Freestyle Dailies on the last two days.  We noticed an increasing number of people who skipped the washing stations in the Buffet and Observation Lounge later on in the week.