Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount

Gretchendz

14 minutes ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

I have been trying to book my summer European cruise, and the discount code is still not applied to my account.  Frustrating.

Likely an excluded cruise.

Usually offers like this are applied to standard balcony or below.

16 minutes ago, oalusk said:

I just got off the Live Chat on Princess's website. They said they had a "technical issue with the verification" and that the emails would be sent today. The code is not on my account yet. This is really frustrating!

That sounds like an issue with the Verification company.

20 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

To school email or personal? I'm feeling lazy and only want to check one 😄

Mine went to personal email. Check your spam folder too. 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Techwizardress said:

I got mine in my personal email account at 10:14am this morning.

did the link take you to specific covered cruises?  and which cabins were available at the discounted prices?  was "Plus" available at the previous pricing of $40 pppd?

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did the link take you to specific covered cruises?  and which cabins were available at the discounted prices?  was "Plus" available at the previous pricing of $40 pppd?

No, I just looked at the cruise I currently have booked and checked the price different.  We did not take the plus, just the bargain basement cruise fair price.

11 minutes ago, darnoc23 said:

I got the email this morning also.  I clicked on the link of cruises and it doesn't show any price difference.  Are we supposed to call Princess for these bookings? 

I have not received an email.

But one of the cruises I booked this morning the rate was discounted 25% when I clicked to the last page. ($598 listed fare; $448 on that page). This was Princess Plus.

But another cruise showed no price change. (AK)

I did another dummy booking on a random Nov Caribbean cruise & again I got a discounted fare on the last page (also Princess Plus)

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all of you good folks here for explaining the math to me.  I went, as suggested, and did a mock booking for my original cabin with the plus and Princess' numbers were correct. And then, for poops and giggles, did one for a mini with plus. Only $170 difference per person. I got on chat and 10 minutes later had my new cabin. Thanks everyone for being kind enough to share your ideas. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

Thanks to all of you good folks here for explaining the math to me.  I went, as suggested, and did a mock booking for my original cabin with the plus and Princess' numbers were correct. And then, for poops and giggles, did one for a mini with plus. Only $170 difference per person. I got on chat and 10 minutes later had my new cabin. Thanks everyone for being kind enough to share your ideas. 

Did you upgrade from an existing booking? Or did you do a new booking?

1 minute ago, Coral said:

Existing, seriously, it was so easy. I did take screen shots of my two mock bookings so I knew if was getting what I expected as far as price goes.

Edited by judithzuz

OK, so went ahead and walked through the booking for Alaska on the Discovery, August 7.  Looked at the cost, then logged in and the numbers went down, but not 25%, about 23%.  I contacted via chat Princess and they said that the discount was applied to my account so I am seeing the final price, not sure why their 25% is slightly different than my 25%, but we are talking about $30 between both of us.  I put it on hold for a day, just to chew on it for a few minutes.  the actual cruise before port fees and insurance was $1008 per person.

Honestly, $2500 for a balcony cabin and Princess Plus (also port fees, which are crazy in Alaska and insurance) to Alaska is a really good deal. Since we live 40 minutes from the dock, there is no air, no transfers, no hotels, just the cruise cost.  OK, Princess's roll out of this promotion was bad and communication almost non existent.  I hope they work on this and also consider that making this offer to teachers in May is OK, but making it in January for the year would be fantastic.

Pretty good deal and I will survive the clunky customer service

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coral said:

Hello,

I just did it.  We already had a 5 day cruise booked for November 2022.  I contacted my PVP and had her cancel the original and rebook it.   We saved $238 total ($119pp).

I am hoping to convince my boyfriend to book the 4 day right after.  Never done a back to back.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Christie

52 minutes ago, judithzuz said:

Existing, seriously, it was so easy. I did take screen shots of my two mock bookings so I knew if was getting what I expected as far as price goes.

Interesting. I asked Princess chat earlier today if I could get my discount applied to my current booking (even just as non-refundable OBC rather than a true refund) and was denied. I guess my cruise isn't one of the select options.

It's still not showing up for me, and I still haven't gotten the email, but can anyone who does have it or is able to look at it see if the grand princess's Alaska northbound sailing on July 6th is part of it? I currently have it booked but if I can get 25% off of it I'll definitely cancel and rebook

15 minutes ago, mvaldes140 said:

It's still not showing up for me, and I still haven't gotten the email, but can anyone who does have it or is able to look at it see if the grand princess's Alaska northbound sailing on July 6th is part of it? I currently have it booked but if I can get 25% off of it I'll definitely cancel and rebook

Yes it is.

• Like 1

I just got off from talking to someone at Princess, and then they just told me that the promotion is only valid for the first cruise you book, and is not valid if you already have a cruise booked for this year.......... What the heck