Jump to content

Princess Announces a 25% Teacher Appreciation Discount


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, tetleytea said:

DW did that from her work email and she got a verification email from Princess.  They said they would follow up again by May 31st with more information, but that never occurred.

 

I never got an email either.

I just put bookings thru. 

SOMETIMES it was there on the last page b4 booking & sometimes not--it does say "select sailings"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KKB said:

I never got an email either.

I just put bookings thru. 

SOMETIMES it was there on the last page b4 booking & sometimes not--it does say "select sailings"

and the 50% off for nurses ( and others ) was so easy - click the email link - and only the available cruises showed up, but not all cabins were available at the discount price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sooo.... Princess notices my web activity on their site and asks if I need any help booking.  To which I say yes.   Cruise Vacation Planner leaves a voicemail and email and we start looking at sailings.

 

I ask about the Teacher Discount and say that's the reason we would consider another 2022 sailing.  Skid marks.  I guess I don't have a Cruise Vacation Planner anymore.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked two cruises with the discount, one of which I was able to refare as I had booked that cruise last October. The one with the discount has to be the one that books. It is absolutely easy to see if the discount applies, just go as far as the summary page. That is just a couple of steps. And don't forget that the 25% applies to fare and the plus or Premier packages. The only things not discounted are the taxes and insurance.  That 25% amounted to significant discount and did compare favorably to HAL. One of my cruises is the Island to Iceland and Greenland, 16 days. As a solo, I only paid $2500 total for a balcony with plus, all fees included. I thought that was a deal. Without the discount, total would have been $3250.

I agree that it is a bit confusing when you don't see that the discount WILL be applied, but if you are registered on the site, it will show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just curious - has anyone been able to use the discount after May 30th?  We received the verification email from SheerID in early June, but Princess has refused to apply the discount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, judithzuz said:

I booked two cruises with the discount, one of which I was able to refare as I had booked that cruise last October. The one with the discount has to be the one that books. It is absolutely easy to see if the discount applies, just go as far as the summary page. That is just a couple of steps. And don't forget that the 25% applies to fare and the plus or Premier packages. The only things not discounted are the taxes and insurance.  That 25% amounted to significant discount and did compare favorably to HAL. One of my cruises is the Island to Iceland and Greenland, 16 days. As a solo, I only paid $2500 total for a balcony with plus, all fees included. I thought that was a deal. Without the discount, total would have been $3250.

I agree that it is a bit confusing when you don't see that the discount WILL be applied, but if you are registered on the site, it will show up.

 

I wonder why Princess themselves have so much trouble telling me that.   My thing is, I am the teacher's spouse, so if I book under my princess.com account, I don't see anything.   All I ever wanted was for Princess to just tell me that my spouse has to create an account and do it, or just call in.    Do they want to fill their cabins?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jonesmen said:

Just curious - has anyone been able to use the discount after May 30th?  We received the verification email from SheerID in early June, but Princess has refused to apply the discount.

You weren't able to book using the discount until after May 30.

The discount applied to "select sailings"--perhaps the one you chose wasn't one of those.

I was able to use it on one California cruise but not Alaska.

I looked at some others--again, hit & miss.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...