Not receiving Royal Up offers

Sorry for another Royal up question but I'm new to Royal and never had this process on another line. I've noticed that several people on my roll call have been receiving offers, placing low bids, and already having their offers accepted even though our cruise is still 4 weeks away. 

I have not received any emails about this and can't find a way to place an offrer on the website. I'm wondering if this is because I booked through a big box retailer? Would it be worth the trouble to call and ask? Should I call RC directly or the big box TA? Any thoughts?

TIA

11 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

Sorry for another Royal up question but I'm new to Royal and never had this process on another line. I've noticed that several people on my roll call have been receiving offers, placing low bids, and already having their offers accepted even though our cruise is still 4 weeks away. 

I have not received any emails about this and can't find a way to place an offrer on the website. I'm wondering if this is because I booked through a big box retailer? Would it be worth the trouble to call and ask? Should I call RC directly or the big box TA? Any thoughts?

TIA

Go to Royal Caribbean home page and put “Royal Up” in search. 

You will find the terms and conditions, which you should read carefully, and a page that allows you to put in your sailing which will tell you if you are eligible to bid for a Royal Up.

Some big box stores don’t allow the Royal Up.

Edited by c-leg5

11 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

TIA

Some big box TA's, like C##### don't participate in Royal Up. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why would they not participate? Higher price for cabin, higher commission?

Not really sure. Can't be bothered with extra paperwork? They'd get extra commission from people that successfully bid. So they'd get a little extra money. 

Edited by dcgrumpy

7 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

That's the one. So I can't do it on my own?

I am not sure you can do it at all unless things have changed since it started. As suggested read the royal up thread on main Royal Caribbean board.

Also, this can apply to some people.  In your profile on the website, there is a section called  "Offers and communications".  Click on that and make sure you have "email" checked.  Otherwise, you won't get anything.  This also gets you other offers, but once I checked it I started getting Royal Up offers.  For b2b's we don't want them, but we're on a 6 night Bermuda cruise in July and I wanted to bid, which I just did a couple of days ago (JS to GS).

• Thanks 1

In our case, our TA says fine, our profile is appropriate, and we had a successful bid on our last cruise....but for our coming one, we got no email, and trying to do a bid has been disallowed.  Perhaps our cruise is sailing full, or for some other reason, there will be no such option?

Alicam - sadly now, everyone expects it, then gets upset when it doesn’t come to pass.

simple solution - book the cabin you want at the price you are willing to pay. Expectation on this, and other boards - book lowest inside available because I fully expect I will be upgraded  to a Penthouse suite because everyone on these boards tells me it has happened before. #TrueFacts

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Alicam - sadly now, everyone expects it, then gets upset when it doesn’t come to pass.

simple solution - book the cabin you want at the price you are willing to pay. Expectation on this, and other boards - book lowest inside available because I fully expect I will be upgraded  to a Penthouse suite because everyone on these boards tells me it has happened before. #TrueFacts

Exactly! On our last cruise overhead a conversation at check in that it was not fair they weren’t upgraded and had to accept the cabin assignment. He even had to add but I’m diamond plus and should get special treatment BS. Haha

• Haha 1

Check the "Additional Terms and Conditions" section of the booking confirmation document you received from your travel agency.

My confirmation document, from a big-box travel agency, has a section that says: "Bid to Upgrade: Xxxxxx Travel does not participate in cruise line bid-based stateroom upgrade programs".

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2022 at 9:24 PM, jk04 said:

I'm not sure if going through a big box make you ineligible for the offers.  But, try going to the Royal Up site, put in your info and see if anything is available:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I also never got the notifications, but using this link and putting in my information was all it took.  $1100 won us an upgrade from GS to OS on our 13-nighter on the Adventure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RD64 said:

Ok settle down people. At no time have I said any such thing. I wasn't "upset" and did not "book the lowest inside available" with an expectation that I would be upgraded. Nor have I said it is "not fair" or I should get "special treatment" as Cruisinghogfan claimed.

I asked a very simple question. Is the reason that I am not receiving offers because I booked through a big box TA, and would it be worth my trouble to call and ask for upgrades? Many of you gave helpful answers to that question and I sincerely appreciate it. 

The answer to my question appears to be no, and I'm cool with that. We booked a nice balcony cabin and I'm perfectly happy with what we have. If we had been eligible for an upgrade, that would have been great. But we aren't, and that's ok. Don't be so judgmental. A simple answer is all that was requested. 

Happy cruising!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, luckybecky said:

Ok settle down people. At no time have I said any such thing. I wasn't "upset" and did not "book the lowest inside available" with an expectation that I would be upgraded. Nor have I said it is "not fair" or I should get "special treatment" as Cruisinghogfan claimed.

I asked a very simple question. Is the reason that I am not receiving offers because I booked through a big box TA, and would it be worth my trouble to call and ask for upgrades? Many of you gave helpful answers to that question and I sincerely appreciate it. 

The answer to my question appears to be no, and I'm cool with that. We booked a nice balcony cabin and I'm perfectly happy with what we have. If we had been eligible for an upgrade, that would have been great. But we aren't, and that's ok. Don't be so judgmental. A simple answer is all that was requested. 

Happy cruising!

Welcome to CC. If you you dare ask a question there will be the rude posters on here that will attack. They can't help it I guess....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, luckybecky said:

Happy cruising!

I never claimed or said anything about you saying it’s not fair and special treatment…. I was stating the conversation I overheard on our last cruise.  So settle down Becky lol

• Like 1