Is Walgreens discontinuing rapid NAAT test?

Thanks for the report.  "Our" Walgreens is now only scheduling out 3 days ahead vs. 7.  Now if someone finds out why the change that would be very interesting.

Just an aside,  if it gets harder and costlier (i.e. not free, we don't want to file insurance for a test) we will choose another form of travel.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anton said:

Something is going on with Walgreens.  This morning I scheduled a test for next Thursday with no problems and they were accepting appointments for a week out here in north Alabama.  I just looked and now the appointment window is back to the 3 days they had during the omicron surge. 

same here in Atlanta. Yesterday there were appointments available through Thursday, 26th, and this morning - only through the 23rd... What the heck. I was going to schedule our rapid Naat tests for Friday morning, and now I have to wait and hope they will actually be available.

CVS no longer schedules any tests even a day in advance. Only same day appointments.

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can still go to CVS by me, it just involves actually seeing a medical provider in their version of urgent care, "minute clinic."

I was wondering how much they charge in the minute clinic if you see a medical provider?

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I was wondering how much they charge in the minute clinic if you see a medical provider?

EDIT: There's a wordy explanation of cost at the bottom of the CVS covid test page. I'll let others read and decipher it for themselves.

Edited by OCSC Mike

1 minute ago, LB_NJ said:

Interesting, here in NJ, YESTERDAY I was able to look 1 week out to schedule a rapid NAAT test, now only 3 days out.

Same here in Ohio. On the bright side, even with the reduction to three days out there are a TON of available appointments at my Walgreens. I mean, I could schedule one in 15 minutes from now if I wanted to.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

Same here in Ohio. On the bright side, even with the reduction to three days out there are a TON of available appointments at my Walgreens. I mean, I could schedule one in 15 minutes from now if I wanted to.

Same here more or less. I could also get to 5-6 Walgreens in less than 15 minutes so as long as the test doesn't cease to be offered, I'm not too concerned about having to wait longer to book it.

• Like 1

At this point maybe the home

35 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It was $143 for me, the same price they had at CVS.

WOW, maybe the home tests Celebrity and Royal sells is a better option.

I’m now a little worried. The Walgreens around me show appointments three days out. Down from a week. 

I’m thinking maybe I should order the proctored tests as a backup. I talked to insurance, and they’ll reimburse me, 100%. But Walgreens is so much easier. 

I’d also have to order soon. We have to test June 4th. We fly out early on the 5th for our cruise on the 6th. 

Everyone has their own comfort levels & backup plans are of course a good idea.

That said, now that we have established that Walgreens simply changed when you can book from 7 days out to 3, I’m personally a lot less concerned.

Hope everyone decided on a plan they are comfortable with & things go well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Everyone has their own comfort levels & backup plans are of course a good idea.

That said, now that we have established that Walgreens simply changed when you can book from 7 days out to 3, I’m personally a lot less concerned.

Hope everyone decided on a plan they are comfortable with & things go well.

I just realized that the change on the Walgreens site happened the same day that they added booster availability for age 5-11. I’m guessing this is probably a temporary change until they get the lay of the land on how many kids are getting boosters, there’s usually a huge rush at the beginning when boosters or vaccines become available for a certain age group and then it returns to “normal levels”

• Like 1

14 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

It was $143 for me, the same price they had at CVS.

Both our CVS and Walgreens cost are directly related to how we answer the questions to schedule our test.  If you answer no to “Are you seeking a COVID-19 test because of high transmission rates and difficulty maintaining recommended social distancing?”  They charge…If we answer yes, no charge 

• Thanks 1