Snuck Up on Me!

JamieLogical

On 5/23/2022 at 9:18 AM, JamieLogical said:

I have been completely swamped at work to the point where it has been occupying 90% of my thoughts day and night. I am set to cruise on the Equinox this Sunday and I am NOT prepared. It is so unlike me to not be obsessively thinking about and planning my cruises. I have done no packing... no shopping... no excursion planning... I even forgot what airline I was flying on and what hotel I had booked in Ft. Lauderdale!

I did finally look up my hotel and flights and double-check my seat assignments over the weekend. And I started to at least together a packing list. Good thing I have cruises so much since the restart, that my packing list has become pretty standardizes, with only slight modifications for the length of the cruise.

I still haven't been able to schedule my pre-cruise test, which has me a bit stressed. Walgreens used to allow you to schedule a week in advance, but right now only seems to allow you to schedule four days out. I initially checked on Friday and could only schedule through today. When I checked this morning, I could only schedule through Thursday. So I have actually put an appointment on my calendar for tomorrow to remind me to check again. I started self-isolating on Tuesday of last week, so hopefully there won't be any surprises with my test results!

Have any of you had a cruise sneak up on you like this? I imagine that people who cruise frequently maybe don't put as much thought and planning into their sailings ahead of time?

This was a last-minute cruise booking anyway. It's the make-up cruise for having had to cancel the second leg of my B2B back in March when my husband got shingles.

Have a great cruise. Will be on Equinox in June

If u get a chance let us know how many passengers on board 

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

Have a great cruise. Will be on Equinox in June

If u get a chance let us know how many passengers on board 

Thanks. 

I will try to find out. I suspect it will be significantly more than there were when I sailed on the Equinox in January at the height of Omicron. I wonder if it will be more than the 60% capacity we had on the first restart sailing of the Equinox back in July...

50 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I will try to find out. I suspect it will be significantly more than there were when I sailed on the Equinox in January at the height of Omicron. I wonder if it will be more than the 60% capacity we had on the first restart sailing of the Equinox back in July...

We were on the Summit in March and there was around 650. Went on Equinox after that and only 1300. Very comfortable 

15 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

We were on the Summit in March and there was around 650. Went on Equinox after that and only 1300. Very comfortable 

World Class bar was our go to bar in March before dinner. The bartenders were Pu Tu and a new guy from Vegas named Isaiah. Both were very good 

30 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

World Class bar was our go to bar in March before dinner. The bartenders were Pu Tu and a new guy from Vegas named Isaiah. Both were very good 

I cannot wait to see Z again! I missed her so much when I was on in January. She had left the day we embarked. 😭

Daniel, who was the other World Class Mixologist when I was on in July was still there in January, but it was his last week.

52 minutes ago, dgoz said:

Got my rebound patches in the mail today. Hopefully you had an easier time of it for this cruise!

I have twice as many as I need, just to be safe!

I also bought some more Liquid I.V. as I found that to be useful on my last cruise.

Edited by JamieLogical

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I cannot wait to see Z again! I missed her so much when I was on in January. She had left the day we embarked. 😭

Daniel, who was the other World Class Mixologist when I was on in July was still there in January, but it was his last week.

Here's a picture of the regulars at the WCB with Z during our 12 night cruise last November.  If you get a chance, please show her this picture.  I think she'll remember us.  We hope to see her again in October.

Have a great cruise!

Sue

Z.jpg

1 minute ago, MartinsCruise said:

Here's a picture of the regulars at the WCB with Z during our 12 night cruise last November.  If you get a chance, please show her this picture.  I think she'll remember us.  We hope to see her again in October.

Have a great cruise!

Sue

Z.jpg

Seeing your picture of her makes me even more excited!!!!

53 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have twice as many as I need, just to be safe!

I also bought some more Liquid I.V. as I found that to be useful on my last cruise.

How are the 2 different?

18 hours ago, dgoz said:

How are the 2 different?

Liquid I.V. is a powder you mix into a bottle of water to help rehydrate you. While Rebound Patches are great for preventing hangovers, they do nothing to keep you hydrated.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:41 AM, JamieLogical said:

I was able to schedule my Walgreens COVID test this morning for 12:15pm on Friday. I also made a 4:30 back-up appointment just in case I don't get the results from the 12:15 test in a timely fashion, but hopefully I will be able to cancel that one.

good luck.  CVS is confusing as they have a Volunteer section and a non volunteer.

One is for PCR and the other is quick test with a nurse. So glad Walgreens is still doing them for free. at least for now.  I will mine on June 9th for Allure.

COVID test was negative and results came quickly, so I was able to cancel my back-up appointment. I haven't even started packing yet.... I worked until 1:30am on Wednesday and 1:00 last night. No time to do anything but work. My house is a disaster!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

COVID test was negative and results came quickly, so I was able to cancel my back-up appointment. I haven't even started packing yet.... I worked until 1:30am on Wednesday and 1:00 last night. No time to do anything but work. My house is a disaster!

aw but you will flop and rest when you get to the ship.

Glad test was negative.  That is really the greatest hurdle.

Shocking no one, flights are delayed. My flight out of ROC is delayed by at least an hour and a half .. may be boarding soon. My flight from Newark to FLL says 1.5 hours delayed, but the inbound flight for the plane is 3 hours delayed, so I expect that delay to be updated soon. Hopefully I still make it to FLL tonight! Called Celebrity air when we had no ETA on my flight out of ROC and they got me on an American Airlines flight for 6:00am tomorrow, but I would prefer not to resort to flying in the day of.

2 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Just dropping in to say I hope the flights work out and you get to FLL tonight.  Have a wonderful cruise.

Flight from Newark to FLL has been delayed multiple additional times. It is now scheduled to depart at 11:50. I am not optimistic, since a flight to Toronto is still parked at our gate and the plane we are supposed to be boarding can't even park and deplane yet. It's 11:10.

This happened to us flying to FLL from Providence in March with connecting flight in Atlanta.  It was weather related.  What was the issue with your flights?  Be aware that if you have insurance you can file a claim for delayed flight(I think over 3-5 hrs) and get reimbursement for food, hotel room if needed.  Just keep receipts. Our insurance was not with Celebrity.  To top our flight problems when we finally got into FLL that night around 10 PM(was scheduled to arrive at 10:30 AM) our luggage never made it.

Please let us know how you made out.  Good reason for flying a day before. We use to fly two days before but with Covid testing it does not work out.

Wish you the best.