Latitudes "Free" Dinner in Cagneys

bjay3

Was just checking to book our Latitudes free dinner in Cagneys or Le Bistro. There is now a note next to that offer online. Says that an appetizer, entree and dessert can be ordered but  total $35 is allowed. Very little entrees under $35 and certainly not the total order. Never had that issue before. Anyone experienced that recently?

26 minutes ago, bjay3 said:

Was just checking to book our Latitudes free dinner in Cagneys or Le Bistro. There is now a note next to that offer online. Says that an appetizer, entree and dessert can be ordered but  total $35 is allowed. Very little entrees under $35 and certainly not the total order. Never had that issue before. Anyone experienced that recently?

That limit has been in place for a while, but yes, prices have recently increased. The $35 limit is just for the entrée, not the meal.

When we were on the Bliss last month we were told we could order anything for an entrée except for the upcharge items (like the Tomahawk/Surf and Turf, etc.). My wife and I both had entrees over $35 and were not charged.

Of course this might differ by ship...

Edited by KSSS2013

Yes, they don't seem to be applying the $35 restriction since the recent price rise. We were specifically told to ignore it on the Jade, and I have heard lots of other similar reports. I've not heard of anyone being restricted lately.

1 hour ago, bjay3 said:

Was just checking to book our Latitudes free dinner in Cagneys or Le Bistro. There is now a note next to that offer online. Says that an appetizer, entree and dessert can be ordered but  total $35 is allowed.

Where did you see this note? The one on the Latitudes tier benefits page says "Entrée items up to $35 are covered", nothing about the total cost of the meal.

2 hours ago, bjay3 said:

The cap on the entree has been in place for a long time (pre-pandemic) and is nothing new.

On our cruise last month, they did not enforce the cap, and were only interested if you picked an item with a surcharge. 

We were on the Breakaway last month and dined at Cagneys using our platinum coupon.  Our waiter told us that we could do one entree, one appetizer and one dessert.  We were charged the $5 upcharge for the crab cakes.  Besides that our entrees were both more than $35.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On Getaway and was told that the latitude vouchers now work as a dining package(for 2)

Same rules as the dining package no $35 limit and can be used in any restaurant.

It was not publisised got the info from one of the restaurant hosts, said we could use voucher or one of our dinners.

Said it started last cruise.

Not sure if fleetwide worth asking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

On Getaway and was told that the latitude vouchers now work as a dining package(for 2)

Same rules as the dining package no $35 limit and can be used in any restaurant.

It was not publisised got the info from one of the restaurant hosts, said we could use voucher or one of our dinners.

Said it started last cruise.

Not sure if fleetwide worth asking.

Are you saying that they told you that you could use them in any speciality restaurant on the Getaway? That would be awesome.

Was just on the Star and we ordered whatever we wanted. Nothing we chose had a supplement charge though, but we had no issues.

I don't care for the starters, so I always get one of the sides as my starter instead and it's never been an issue. Got the petite filet, hubby got the full size filet, we each had sauces and sides and dessert. Total bill was over $130 and all completely wiped out to nothing.

On the Jewel 2 weeks ago we received a letter in the cabin on the first day of the cruise stating that since there are still Latitudes rewards that are not happening due to Covid (Wines Around the World, Behind the Scenes Tours) as a gesture of goodwill the Latitudes dining vouchers could be used in any restaurants.  This would be more beneficial on one of the larger ships with a greater selection of specialty restaurants but we did appreciate the offer.

I also had an experience on the Bliss in March where I ate at Ocean Blue one night then wanted to eat at La Cucina the next night.  I had a Latitudes voucher left but it was for Cagney’s.  The restaurant hostess called the restaurant manager and she said that since I didn’t eat very much at Ocean Blue the night before my meal in La Cucina would be free.  You never know what can happen!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Was just on the Star and we ordered whatever we wanted. Nothing we chose had a supplement charge though, but we had no issues.

I don't care for the starters, so I always get one of the sides as my starter instead and it's never been an issue. Got the petite filet, hubby got the full size filet, we each had sauces and sides and dessert. Total bill was over $130 and all completely wiped out to nothing.

$130 for a $25 Outback Steakhouse dinner........

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

$130 for a $25 Outback Steakhouse dinner........

$25 for two having steak with dessert and apps and drinks at Outback? Yeah right.  Even without the drinks you'd be way higher. And I like Outback but the steaks aren't as good as Cagney's. Neither is the atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nferr said:

$25 for two having steak with dessert and apps and drinks at Outback? Yeah right.  Even without the drinks you'd be way higher. And I like Outback but the steaks aren't as good as Cagney's. Neither is the atmosphere.

Agreed on all counts.  NCL can charge whatever they'd like on the menus.  The fact is most people aren't actually paying that, between their FAS package, Platinum meals, or buying a package with additional dinners.  It's no different than them saying the Premium Beverage Package costs $118/day.  

Still on Escape B2B2B since 4/25.

very nice new Latitudes letter saying one coupon is for Le Bistro or Cagney’s for two w/wine.

No secret through a hostess or finding out somehow - it’s right there in the letter.  The 2nd dinner for two can indeed be used in a specialty except Food Republuc or Pincho Tapas Bar.  Very nice touch.  $35  gone.

They do not state this is due to covid and my impression is this is to stay!

To compensate certain perks like Behind the Scenes, Officers Dinner or for Diamond the new mixology class, the letter says to stop by CN desk for a “gift.”  Mine was $50 OBC and lower levels were given $25.  Pretty sure that’s per cabin.

Bubbly is gone. 

• Thanks 1

$35 limit not enforced on Getaway and Joy as we're on both, March-April and May with Cagney's. Host/ess and servers know & aware of the current rules as those booklets with mini coupons were printed long ago. Had 20 oz. porterhouse & grilled seafood platter with no extra charges. Only "complaint" and it's minor, crab lump cake priced at $19 with $5 upcharge was just blah & not worth it, a subjective & personal opinion only.

Everything else were fine & good, we used both Platinum & SD vouchers that're more generous, as most knew. 

P.S.  We live 10 minutes from the nearest Outback Steakhouse chains - if one can show us having a similar lunch (or dinner) for 2 for $50 or less - kindly prepaid it for us and we'll cheerfully reimburse you via Google Pay. 

NCL Joy Cagneys Dinner UDP Total May 2022.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1