Walgreens Covid test

To those who have had the rapid antigen test at a Walgreens: 

I inquired at a local Walgreens today concerning the availability of a rapid Covid test. According to RCL's website the results must include "the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab's CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab"  etc.  The pharmacist said that they do not have a lab number since the test is processed in the store.

Has anyone had a problem with this requirement from a Walgreens test, or is this information not actually required by RCL? 

Please share your experiences with this test.

Used Walgreens for the first time this morning. FYI, the results do indeed have a CLIA number.

That said, sooooo many people have successfully used Walgreens to cruise, there was never anything to worry about anyway.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

That's what I've seen. I wondered if there's something unusual with my local Walgreens, or if the RCL requirements have changed (or I'm being paranoid).  Unfortunately there's not much room for error with the strict time window for the test.

Just now, litebender said:

That's what I've seen. I wondered if there's something unusual with my local Walgreens, or if the RCL requirements have changed (or I'm being paranoid).  Unfortunately there's not much room for error with the strict time window for the test.

My guess is whomever you spoke to gave you bad info.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Used Walgreens for the first time this morning. FYI, the results do indeed have a CLIA number.

That said, sooooo many people have successfully used Walgreens to cruise, there was never anything to worry about anyway.

Hope this helps.

Mike, did your results come via email?

31 minutes ago, litebender said:

I inquired at a local Walgreens today concerning the availability of a rapid Covid test. According to RCL's website the results must include "the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab's CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab"  etc.  The pharmacist said that they do not have a lab number since the test is processed in the store.

Has anyone had a problem with this requirement from a Walgreens test, or is this information not actually required by RCL? 

None of the test results show a CLIA number.  We've done the Emed and a lab in FL and neither show it.  This has come up on this board before.  They just have the CLIA emblem on them.  If I could alter my pdf to cross out personal info I'd post a pic so you could see, but I don't have the software to do it.

Edited by BND

20 minutes ago, litebender said:

Mike, did your results come via email?

Yes. Mine took about 45 mins, wife's took about 90 mins.

Despite what is posted above, our PDF results most defitely DO have a CLIA number.

Edited by OCSC Mike

49 minutes ago, litebender said:

Good to know,  Sunshine.  Anyone know if a lab number was included in their results?

I just viewed a saved copy of our last test results from Walgreens.  Yes, they do have all the lab info (number, etc) on the test.     We had the results in less than 1 hr - emailed to us.   I then saved as pdf copies on my phone and printed them out as it is much easier to have in hand with set sail pass and passport then go looking for them on your phone when entering the cruise terminal.     

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes. Mine took about 45 mins, wife's took about 90 mins.

Despite what is posted above, our PDF results most defitely DO have a CLIA number.

Check this thread.  

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Check this thread.  

Not sure what that thread has to do with me telling the OP my Walgreens test results have a CLIA number.

If you or they don't care to believe me or don't find my info helpful, sorry, I tried.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

Ours have always included all of the requested ID numbers and testing information. It is an automatic inclusion with the test report as provided by Walgreen's along with the facility name and address, etc.  We have also never had any issue with the Walgreen's rapid NAAT test with RCCL as it is specified as one of the accepted tests.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Daughter & I used a local Walgreens near her home before we flew to FLL to catch our TA on the Wonder this past April and upon check in at the Terminal they took a photo of it, Vaccine card & Pass port. We had uploaded it during our check in online as well.We had the results in 20 min. They printed out the results for us.

42 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure what that thread has to do with me telling the OP my Walgreens test results have a CLIA number.

If you or they don't care to believe me or don't find my info helpful, sorry, I tried.

Ditto. I didn't think mine had it but there it is.

Don't forget,  I'll be waving when I get where you are,  but you won't be there.

Screenshot_20220527-195002_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

3 hours ago, litebender said:

I’m glad I didn’t see that on the website. 
we presented our printed from the email negative COVID test from Walgreens and that was it. I don’t think they really looked at it. 
Walgreens also doesn’t ask for Medicare or insurance info. 
We had made an appointment with CVS, also, the Walgreens was a back up in case CVS canceled. 
Cvs required Medicare and insurance info. I received my monthly printout of what insurance paid, and Medicare paid CVS over $200 for my test. 
i know you didn’t ask about insurance etc, but thought I’d mention the difference between CVS and Walgreens. 
I did not tell CVS it was for travel. 

Edited by jagsfan

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Allentown! My wife went to Muhlenberg.

I remember. I'd rather have a cheesesteak FedEx'd after we both return but I'll take the wave.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Errmmm, I'm not sure the cheesesteak would survive.   Yes, we're quite close to Muhlenberg.   Beautiful area.  We love it here (Lehigh Valley).