Shareholder OBC

jimbo1683

I can't find the answer to this - i have sufficient shares in Carnival to apply for the shareholder OBC. My shares are held by Hargreaves Lansdown and I manage my investments through the app. What do I need to provide to Cunard to get the OBC? I cant find any option to obtain a certificate or letter or something official looking.

Not that difficult......

Your broker would normally provide a paper or pdf file monthly of your account.

You need to make a copy of the statement (physical or digital) and blank out the account number and any other info not required and paste that into your email with the cruise confirmation number.

Based on your computer skills, you may want to just print out the page, mark out the sensitive data, take a digital photo of the redacted page and attach or paste it into you email.

That is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, olegna said:

Not that difficult......

Your broker would normally provide a paper or pdf file monthly of your account.

You need to make a copy of the statement (physical or digital) and blank out the account number and any other info not required and paste that into your email with the cruise confirmation number.

Based on your computer skills, you may want to just print out the page, mark out the sensitive data, take a digital photo of the redacted page and attach or paste it into you email.

That is it.

Ive had shares for over a year and never recieved such a document

Hi Jimbo 1683,

Take a screenshot of the relevant page on your app, showing your shareholding and showing your name (perhaps at the top it says “Jimbo 1683”, edit the picture to highlight or circle the Carnival shareholding and send the screenshot to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com 

and include your booking reference, ship, name and sailing date.

They normally apply the OBC within a couple of weeks and you need to apply no more than 3 months and no less than 3 weeks before your cruise.

• Thanks 1

The shares must be in your name (not just part of any fund) on the brokerage account monthly statement.

Print the statement page that list CCL add your booking # sailing date and mail it .

Edited by MCC retired

7 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

The shares must be in your name (not just part of any fund) on the brokerage account monthly statement.

Print the statement page that list CCL add your booking # sailing date and mail it .

As mentioned, i've never seen a monthly statement. They are in my name and I manage via an app. A previous poster has indicated that a screen shot is sufficient so I will try that.

I'm definitely out of my territory here since I'm from the US. But just in case this helps, you may be able to go to their website via a browser to download an account statement. I found this from the Hargreaves Lansdown website at "www.hl.co.uk".

WHERE CAN I FIND MY INVESTMENT REPORTS?

To view your investment reports, please follow these three steps:

1. Log in to your account.

2. On the first page you come to, click on the Portfolio history link (found beneath your name and above your portfolio valuation table).

3. Download your report from the Statements, valuations and pension illustrations section.

• Thanks 1

I am based in the UK. 

I emailed a copy of my investment statement showing my CCL holding and details of the cruise to shareholder benefits on 17 May.

On 19 May I received revised booking details showing that the benefits had been credited to my account.

Excellent service.

2 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

I can't find the answer to this - i have sufficient shares in Carnival to apply for the shareholder OBC. My shares are held by Hargreaves Lansdown and I manage my investments through the app. What do I need to provide to Cunard to get the OBC? I cant find any option to obtain a certificate or letter or something official looking.

I have my Carnival shares held by Hargreaves Longdown too. I applied for some obc only yesterday. If you go onto the HL site (not the app) and search for shareholder perks, the top item will be a list of all the different perks available, including Carnival. It tells you to contact carnival I think, but at the top of the page, there is a telephone number for queries. I have always just rung this number and told them I want to apply for a shareholder perk. They ask for the booking number, ship name, date of sailing and lead booker name. They then do the rest. I usually get a new invoice from either Cunard or my TA which lists the obc under my name. It does take a couple of weeks or so to show. It is really easy and, so far, has always gone through with no problems. I have already had one lot of obc added this year and have just asked for two more lots for my next two cruises.

I am based in the UK

Edited by Camgirl
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

Thanks - Is there a different email to send it into if you are based in the US?

Here is a link to the Carnival Shareholder Benefit document with all the pertinent information including the email address for the US (sb@cunard.com).

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

The email option is relatively new for the US. I have not attempted to use it yet so I can't vouch for how well it works. I've always used the snail mail option to Santa Clarita in the past.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here is a link to the Carnival Shareholder Benefit document with all the pertinent information including the email address for the US (sb@cunard.com).

The email option is relatively new for the US. I have not attempted to use it yet so I can't vouch for how well it works. I've always used the snail mail option to Santa Clarita in the past.

A week or so ago I sent my info to sb@cunard.com and received a response the next day that the $100 was added to my account.  But does anyone know where OBC shows on their MyCunard?

23 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

A week or so ago I sent my info to sb@cunard.com and received a response the next day that the $100 was added to my account.  But does anyone know where OBC shows on their MyCunard?

Unfortunately it doesn't.  Take a copy of the email with you inc ase there is any dispute on board 

20 minutes ago, WorkforBeerGuy said:

Good to hear you were able to get your shareholder OBC via email to "sb@cunard.com". As @lissie has indicated, your OBC does not show anywhere within your My Cunard. It will show on a booking confirmation from Cunard. If an updated booking confirmation was not included in the response you received confirming your shareholder OBC, then request one from Cunard if your booked directly with Cunard. Otherwise request one from your travel agent.

OK this is new to me - 100 shares look like £1000 and with a 14 day cruise coming up the return in terms of OBC look great.

Couple of questions how much OBC do you get for 14 day cruise - the link above suggests $250 or £150 quite a difference.

Any other benefits? Downsides clearly further fall in the share price (note was around £30 a share pre pandemic vs £10 now!)

12 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

I too have shares held in a HL ISA - I just sent off a print off of the account summary PDF with the client number redacted to.

14 days should be $250

I think that if you cruise then the shareholder OBC offers a nice yield on the investment

Can I ask something - what's the best way to find out how much shares will cost (eg is the minimum 100 shares and how much is that currently?) and is there a monthly charge to the dealer looking after them? Never bought shares but I'm quite interested in getting some Cunard ones. We go in just over 5 weeks - would that be enough time to do the deal!?

Edited by elmsliebev

36 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

Can I ask something - what's the best way to find out how much shares will cost (eg is the minimum 100 shares and how much is that currently?) and is there a monthly charge to the dealer looking after them? Never bought shares but I'm quite interested in getting some Cunard ones. We go in just over 5 weeks - would that be enough time to do the deal!?

I used Hargreaves Lansdown and opened a Fund share account.  I do not get charged for them holding my shares or pay any other additional fees.   The cost of shares will be shown on their website plus a fee and  a tax, so it is best to just add this amount to your account when opening. You then buy the shares and your account will be debited . At the end of the month you can then withdraw any surplus cash being held in your account.

When I travel by any Carnival Cruise ships I log into my account and download a PDF copy of my statement, (Easily done from their website when logged in) showing my name and the amount of Carnival stock held, (minimum 100 shares) with the account number erased, but showing my name and date.

I then email this to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with the dates, ship cruise and name must be latest within 4 weeks of cruise to receive the benefits listed here, they then apply the obc and will forward an amended booking confirmation if booked direct or advise you to contact your TA for a revised booking confirmation if booked that way.

Other forum members do it differently with other companies. Carnival presently  Buy 974.40pence

Edited by LifeonMars

I used Freetrade, it was an easy process. I opened an account with enough money to buy 100, I actually ended up with 105 as the price was dropping at the time ! UK stock market will re-open on Monday.

4 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

I used Hargreaves Lansdown and opened a Fund share account.  I do not get charged for them holding my shares or pay any other additional fees.   The cost of shares will be shown on their website plus a fee and  a tax, so it is best to just add this amount to your account when opening. You then buy the shares and your account will be debited . At the end of the month you can then withdraw any surplus cash being held in your account.

When I travel by any Carnival Cruise ships I log into my account and download a PDF copy of my statement, showing my name and the amount of Carnival stock held, (minimum 100 shares) with the account number erased, but showing my name and date.

I then email this to shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with the dates, ship cruise and name must be latest within 4 weeks of cruise to receive the benefits listed here, they then apply the obc and will forward an amended booking confirmation if booked direct or advise you to contact your TA for a revised booking confirmation if booked that way.

Other forum members do it differently with other companies. Carnival presently  Buy 974.40pence

https://online.hl.co.uk/my-accounts/security_details?sedol=3121522

thanks so much, that's a really helpful summary. 

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

I used Freetrade, it was an easy process. I opened an account with enough money to buy 100, I actually ended up with 105 as the price was dropping at the time ! UK stock market will re-open on Monday.

Thanks HH, really useful. I'll ponder it over the weekend!

• Like 1