Luggage Tags - silly question

acct1975

28 minutes ago, Malex7780 said:

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you affix these print at home tags to your luggage exactly?

Luggage tag holders on Amazon are your best bet - get the wide ones, many vendors actually list the specific cruiseline.

Otherwise you need to have tape or a stapler.

2 hours ago, Malex7780 said:

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you affix these print at home tags to your luggage exactly?

My wife folds them in half around the handle then puts a strip of clear packing tape over it so it won't easily tear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malex7780 said:

Staples, sellotape, blutack, pritt stik. ... the only limitation is your imagination 😁

P.S. I printed my own tags for my Escape cruise 10th June - 20th June. It expeditated the check in process nicely!

In January, I tried and tried to check in electronically but it would never accept that I had watched the video. I printed my receipt which had just had a room change due to an upgrade. When I got off the shuttle, I was handed luggage tags to write my room number on. Well, that cruise was a bust so three days later when I again stepped off the shuttle at the pier with no luggage tags, already on my second room number ( I never did find out why the one the CruiseNext desk reserved for me got changed), they had a list which had yet another room number on it that they wrote on luggage tags for me. Honestly, I was surprised that my luggage arrived to the correct room, but it did.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, acct1975 said:

We haven't sailed with NCL in a while, is it an issue of the luggage tags are printed in black and white and not in color? I don't want to get to the port on day 1 and fine out  we have an issue.

TIA

Hi Tia welcome.  B&W is fine.

6 hours ago, The Shrike said:

They'd be listed in the "AT THE PIER" section, under "STATEROOM".  There's a silhouette of a suitcase and a link to print the tags.  You don't have that in your e-docs?

Thank you!  I didn't see it earlier but just found it.  I appreciate your help.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that if you are flying the tags may get damaged by airport luggage handlers, I wait to install them at/near the port, or at least bring a back up set. I also print an extra set to leave inside the luggage as a back up.

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

If it's a port with multiple ships doesn't the color correspond with the ship?  That could be important.

Absolutely. Another reason to print them out and affix them yourself is that they say Forward or Aft on them. This could help your luggage get to your stateroom sooner. If the porter fills out the tags for you they may not say this on them.

1 hour ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Absolutely. Another reason to print them out and affix them yourself is that they say Forward or Aft on them. This could help your luggage get to your stateroom sooner. If the porter fills out the tags for you they may not say this on them.

Fair enough, but I would be mostly concerned about the bag making it onto the right ship.  Everything after that is "details."

On 6/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, julig22 said:

Luggage tag holders on Amazon are your best bet - get the wide ones, many vendors actually list the specific cruiseline.

Otherwise you need to have tape or a stapler.

Great tip

Just ordered some