What’s it currently like on the Regal? Just curious as there are no “Live from” threads

Ken the cruiser

8 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

No testing was done before arriving in Rome on 05/28 however it was done on 06/03 (Mykonos port day) for those that were continuing on the Athens to Barcelona leg. Those that tested positive were isolated on the port side of dolphin deck. 

Thank you for this. Obviously, we have no plans to catch C19 while on our 21 day cruise. But it's nice to know if we did catch it early, we would be quarantined on the ship until we tested negative rather than being offloaded at some foreign part. 🙂

8 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

No testing was done before arriving in Rome on 05/28 however it was done on 06/03 (Mykonos port day) for those that were continuing on the Athens to Barcelona leg. Those that tested positive were isolated on the port side of dolphin deck. 

We will be aboard Regal from Civitavecchia to Barcelona (B2B) next month so Athens will be our mid point. If we decide to stay on board whilst docked at Athens do we still need a Covid test beforehand? 

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thank you for this. Obviously, we have no plans to catch C19 while on our 21 day cruise. But it's nice to know if we did catch it early, we would be quarantined on the ship until we tested negative rather than being offloaded at some foreign part. 🙂

I'm trying to do the selective quarantine too.....after Regal disembarks in Athens we are spending a week on a Greek island then flying to UK to take a transatlantic home.  I have insisted to hubby that we test on the island, either Emed or locally, rather than in the UK because I'd rather quarantine for a week on an island with a balcony and view of the ocean than the Holiday Inn Express in Southampton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello. Thank you so much for your responses. We are also flying in from Montreal on AC, and arriving to Barcelona on the Wednesday morning. If I could ask where in the BCN airport did you have your Covid tests done (I.e. was it the same terminal that you arrived in?) Our flight will arrive in Terminal 1. 

Much appreciate all of the info that you have provided.

The testing is done in terminal one close to the checkin desks. We flew Westjet which uses terminal two so we had to take the shuttle to the other terminal. If you’re going to do it there I would suggest you prebook. It’s €30 if you’ve made a reservation and €50 for walk ups. 

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

We will be aboard Regal from Civitavecchia to Barcelona (B2B) next month so Athens will be our mid point. If we decide to stay on board whilst docked at Athens do we still need a Covid test beforehand? 

I believe everyone who is continuing to Barcelona has to do it. They would have no way to police all who gets off on Athens and who doesn’t. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Alanr204 said:

The testing is done in terminal one close to the checkin desks. We flew Westjet which uses terminal two so we had to take the shuttle to the other terminal. If you’re going to do it there I would suggest you prebook. It’s €30 if you’ve made a reservation and €50 for walk ups. 

Oh that's great. I found the website to pre-book (COVID tests at Barcelona Airport T1 (flycovidtestcenter.com)

Thanks again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Oh that's great. I found the website to pre-book (COVID tests at Barcelona Airport T1 (flycovidtestcenter.com)

Thanks again.

So, what happens in Barcelona if you test positive with a paid for test? Do the Spanish officials then make you quarantine? I know Princess will deny boarding and offer a future cruise credit, but what happens to you other than that? I know the country doesn't require testing so I'm hoping if it happens to us we could just carry on doing something other than the cruise since we're across the ocean already.

1 hour ago, Ace_Caliente said:

So, what happens in Barcelona if you test positive with a paid for test? Do the Spanish officials then make you quarantine? I know Princess will deny boarding and offer a future cruise credit, but what happens to you other than that? I know the country doesn't require testing so I'm hoping if it happens to us we could just carry on doing something other than the cruise since we're across the ocean already.

That’s a good question. This might help.

What to do if a US Citizen has a positive COVID test before a flight from Barcelona to the USA

According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the US national health agency, if you test positive, you can keep testing positive for up to 3 months after. As a result, the CDC has established that you will still be able to travel to the United States with your positive COVID test result certificate as long as you meet the following criteria:

1. Ten days have passed since the date of your positive COVID test result. This means you will be able to travel on Day 11 after the date you took your positive COVID test.

2. You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath of difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion of runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhoea.

3. You have a signed letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you for travel and a positive COVID test certificate. 

Here’s the link I found this information.

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/covid/destinations/covid-19-travel-requirements-from-barcelona-to-usa.html

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hi.  Have you been checking the Roll Calls for your voyages?  We also begin on Oct 01 in Civi, Italy.  We are on for 25 nights.  Have some small group tours looking for another couple or two to join.  Thanks.

Thx Steelers36.  I have been part of the Oct 1 RC for a long time.  I check it most days even though it is so quiet.  We are traveling with some family so this time we are not looking for RC organized tours but we have done that in the past and had some great experiences.  This will be our first cruise since the onset COVID and we are really looking forward to getting back to sea however the questions/concerns about catching the virus are worrisome.

12 minutes ago, Carnevale said:

Thx Steelers36.  I have been part of the Oct 1 RC for a long time.  I check it most days even though it is so quiet.  We are traveling with some family so this time we are not looking for RC organized tours but we have done that in the past and had some great experiences.  This will be our first cruise since the onset COVID and we are really looking forward to getting back to sea however the questions/concerns about catching the virus are worrisome.

Oh, darn.  Yes, I recall now we posted each other before.  I think I looked quickly at the Oct 01 RC for 7 nights and there is another one for 14 nights where you are. 

We too are looking forward to cruising and seeing new places.  I am not so worried about catching Covid-19 as I am that the on board experience will be good and the travel go okay.  Europe is getting better by the week it seems.  Just spoke with a resident of Belgium today. 

5 hours ago, Ace_Caliente said:

So, what happens in Barcelona if you test positive with a paid for test? Do the Spanish officials then make you quarantine?

In essence, no.

As in the UK, you are asked to wear a mask, and stay away from crowded places. 

So, basically,  you can do as you wish, although one would hope that for the first couple of days after testing positive, you limit your interactions with others as  much as possible. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What to do if a US Citizen has a positive COVID test before a flight from Barcelona to the USA

As a result, the CDC has established that you will still be able to travel to the United States with your positive COVID test result certificate as long as you meet the following criteria:

1. Ten days have passed since the date of your positive COVID test result. This means you will be able to travel on Day 11 after the date you took your positive COVID test.

2. You do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath of difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion of runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhoea.

3. You have a signed letter from a healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you for travel and a positive COVID test certificate. 

Some of those symptoms can be those of long term Covid which can last for many months and possibly years.

Surely they do not expect those with long term Covid to not be able to return for months or years?

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

In essence, no.

As in the UK, you are asked to wear a mask, and stay away from crowded places. 

So, basically, you can do as you wish, although one would hope that for the first couple of days after testing positive, you limit your interactions with others as much as possible. 

That would be good news rather than having to quarantine for up to 10 days waiting to test negative. You wouldn't my chance have access to a link that would reflect that Barcelona policy would you? 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:27 AM, Alanr204 said:

Yes, one of the crew members told us today he had been chosen to appear on the show and was quite pleased to be participating.

Update to this:  was told today that the film crew are boarding in Barcelona tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That would be good news rather than having to quarantine for up to 10 days waiting to test negative. You wouldn't my chance have access to a link that would reflect that Barcelona policy would you? 

I take guidance from the UK government website. 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/coronavirus

On 6/7/2022 at 10:12 AM, Esprit said:

Is the filming of the "Love boat" themed TV show for couples still going ahead in July aboard Regal?  

I’m on the Regal - from Athens - 3 weeks back to Athens.  

They passed out a letter today advising the filming would be taking place.

”We’re excited to share that during this voyage we will be filming a new television series titled The Real Love Boat , a reality based program inspired by the iconic TV show.

The production team will be filming at various locations and times around the ship… yadda yadda yadda.  

I think I saw a guy with a TV colored light the other night trying some lighting thing on the Lido deck and I heard them mention that it was for some sort of “shot”… but may have nothing to do with the program.  Our waiter told us there was a TV crew aboard several days ago, but that’s the only sight I’ve seen of them… maybe. 

We were on the Sky Princess in January/February and the internet was pretty good… BUT it’s absolutely useless currently on the Regal… except for very simple stuff.  Really slow… drops off… everybody is complaining about it.  

Edited by Digisailor
Clarity and emphasis
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Hello again.

Question about the nightly shows in the Princess Theater. What time are the shows, and are there two per night?

Thanks

I think there have been two every night… 

Tonight’s shows were at 8 and 10 - two guys doing a Beatles tribute… which was kind of fun.

Tomorrow night (11 June - after leaving Barcelona) are at 8 and 10 - comedian Geoff Bohr… I didn’t see him last week, but some others who saw him thought he was pretty good.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

Update to this:  was told today that the film crew are boarding in Barcelona tomorrow. 

I saw a film crew come aboard sometime around 8:30am