Indy 3 Day - Unlimited Dining Experience 🐷

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ate a lot of Sabor on the Allure crossing 

I had Sabor last week on Harmony for the 1st time. Hadn't heard many great reviews but we LOVED the apps and desserts (and guac ofc). My entree wasn't very good but didn't care b/c we just kept asking for more and more app refills. The jalapeno margarita was pretty good too. Wasn't actually expecting it to be that spicy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ate a lot of Sabor on the Allure crossing 

We have not eaten at Sabors before.  Is it like a land Brazilian steak house where they bring all kinds of meat to sample or do you order one at a time.  I heard it is set up in the Solarium.  Does it get humid? 

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have not eaten at Sabors before.  Is it like a land Brazilian steak house where they bring all kinds of meat to sample or do you order one at a time.  I heard it is set up in the Solarium.  Does it get humid? 

Sabors is Mexican. On Allure its on BW and humid. 

Samba is the Brazilian venue in the solarium, but pretty sure it's air conditioned

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sabors is Mexican. On Allure its on BW and humid. 

Samba is the Brazilian venue in the solarium, but pretty sure it's air conditioned

I read it wrong I guess because I have been trying to research it since I never have tried it.  Have you tried Samba?

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@John&LaLa I just looked at my notifications and noticed a pig after you.   I thought how does CC know that he's about to pig out on his next cruise.  Then I noticed it in the title. 😆 

image.thumb.png.ce5a5f59e64b70938e8282758b8f27e1.png

I always add emojis to my titles so I can find them fast when scrolling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I read it wrong I guess because I have been trying to research it since I never have tried it.  Have you tried Samba?

Sort of. They held Pinnacle dinner there on Allure TA. May give it a go next fall for our wedding cruise.

I do have a dessert plate from there. It should have been closed during the planned renovation in 2020, so I thought a souvenir wasn't a big deal. Oops 😬 

• Like 1

From what I've read... you could go to Izumi for sushi for appetizers, then Chops for the main part of your dinner, and then hit up Playmakers for a cookie or a sundae for dessert... all in one evening. Next evening... mix and match other restaurants. Why just go to one restaurant for dinner? After all, it is UDP. That's what Benny would do... errr.. DID!!! and still DOES.... He even does it without UDP. He'll go to Windjammer for appetizers, then hit MDR for more appetizers and the main course(s) - I never saw him with less than 2, and then hit somewhere else for dessert(s). Geez... I think I gained weight following him virtually.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Are you getting off the ship in Nassau or Cococay?

No to Nassau, probably Coco Cay.

Hit and run mission to Snack Shack and Skippers.  And of course Oasis Pool to test my perfect record of no drink charges. Who knows, Indy might keep better records.

Does UDP work at Cptn Jacks🤔

Kinda doubt it 😕 

2 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

From what I've read... you could go to Izumi for sushi for appetizers, then Chops for the main part of your dinner, and then hit up Playmakers for a cookie or a sundae for dessert... all in one evening. Next evening... mix and match other restaurants. Why just go to one restaurant for dinner? After all, it is UDP. That's what Benny would do... errr.. DID!!! and still DOES.... He even does it without UDP. He'll go to Windjammer for appetizers, then hit MDR for more appetizers and the main course(s) - I never saw him with less than 2, and then hit somewhere else for dessert(s). Geez... I think I gained weight following him virtually.

Does Izumi on Indy have a seperate sushi area? I know Oasis/Quantum ships do.

I need to do a Cheeseburger comparison between Snack Shack, JR's, Chops, and Playmaker's 

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to do a Cheeseburger comparison between Snack Shack, JR's, Chops, and Playmaker's 

Always searching for that new/great burger myself!

No doubt that JR's will not cook to order (rare) - what about the others?

Also - any other confirmations that the fish and ships is not included? That seems odd (but not unprecedented). Also, Ben & Jerry's -- not included I'd guess?

We opted for the UDP on the Indy for our upcoming 8/12 sailing. Never went that route before. As an aside, are there any additional options (breakfast or lunch) for suite guests?

THANKS,

Tom

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you ever been to Fogo de Chao Steakhouse?      Samba is similar (same concept) but not as good as Fogo's.     We have done it 2 or 3 times and have enjoyed the various types / cuts of meat.      I recommend you try if you like meat.      We have never left hungry.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Always searching for that new/great burger myself!

No doubt that JR's will not cook to order (rare) - what about the others?

Also - any other confirmations that the fish and ships is not included? That seems odd (but not unprecedented). Also, Ben & Jerry's -- not included I'd guess?

We opted for the UDP on the Indy for our upcoming 8/12 sailing. Never went that route before. As an aside, are there any additional options (breakfast or lunch) for suite guests?

THANKS,

Tom

Breakfast in either Chops or Giovanni's 

Varies by ship

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have you ever been to Fogo de Chao Steakhouse?      Samba is similar (same concept) but not as good as Fogo's.     We have done it 2 or 3 times and have enjoyed the various types / cuts of meat.      I recommend you try if you like meat.      We have never left hungry.

Can't recall leaving anywhere hungry🤣

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

No.  I don't think I have heard of it.  I am looking forward to trying Samba.

• Like 1