Covid testing to fly back to US ending

Mkripke

Great news! We are leaving for a two-week cruise on the Royal Princess tomorrow (RT from Vancouver).  I've been concerned due to reports of poor Internet connection on ship.  I bought the Binax observed online tests recommended by Princess. Wonder if Princess will still reimburse us...

Yep, same thing I said!!  Our health insurance did fully reimburse us for the ones we purchased, at least.  We've been testing before and after travel even if not required and will likely continue to do so--at least until we run out of tests!

I suspect no one will report COVID symptoms anymore, since they can now return to the US even if they are positive.

Viking River is testing less frequently now, as they are filling their quarantine hotel spaces due to daily testing identifying so many positive cases. Budapest and Vienna hotels were full.

• Thanks 2

Since full vaccination is required to enter a foreign country, even someone does contract COVID, most likely:

--their case will be relatively mild

--they will shed much fewer virus particles than an unvaccinated person would

--they are traveling with other fully vaccinated individuals.

I read where many sports teams were getting around the test rule by flying to a city very near the US-Canadian border, then boarding buses to drive into the US, negating the need for tests.

Sharkster - agree

Traveling at any time is an inherent risk — of an accident, or getting sick — that we all accept when booking a trip.  We hope, even assume, it will be a wonderful time, but there was no guarantee of that BEFORE COVID. Life happens - We saw a lady in our group fall down concrete steps on our very first excursion; she got out of hospital to fly home, same day as we did at tour end. 

As we book trips now, we add “getting Covid” to the list of things that could happen, and continue packing. 

We do strongly believe Viking needs to quit testing. Every time a passenger leaves that boat, they might pass or be near someone contagious. It is inevitable in a no control situation. All passengers are vaccinated, probably boosters, and that is about the best any of us can do, or are doing living here going out, or to work daily. It serves no point to put people off at every stop, just because they test positive, and may or may not be actually sick. 
if someone is sick enough to need a doctor,  help them get to one. Just as they did before. An announcement was made and that was it. 

• Like 3