Celebrity Eclipse Hawaii

saphir

I wish our OP would expand their question.

While we have had itineraries changed several times there have only been a few times when we have received refundable OBC for the changes.  We received R-OBC for a port change on a South American itinerary, and again for a highly changed itinerary for a cruise around Japan which was impacted by two typhoons.  And we were on the same cruise as was "TeaBag" when R-OBC was issued due to the extra sea day and missing one port.

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

I wish our OP would expand their question.

While we have had itineraries changed several times there have only been a few times when we have received refundable OBC for the changes.  We received R-OBC for a port change on a South American itinerary, and again for a highly changed itinerary for a cruise around Japan which was impacted by two typhoons.  And we were on the same cruise as was "TeaBag" when R-OBC was issued due to the extra sea day and missing one port.

We are getting into Honolulu a day early, we are missing a sea day and the midnight sail past the volcano... that you cant really see anyways. We are very happy with the change and will head out to the beach for the day then go back on the ship for dinner and drinks and pack.

• Like 1

There's only one Eclipse cruise to Hawaii in September and the only change so far is extending a stop (overnighting in Honolulu).

Edited by AndyCapn
Clarify: one cruise to Hawaii
  • Like 2

When we were on the cruise in April, we were told there was no visible lava flows so even the tour boats that go around the island to view the volcano lava to the sea were not operating. If there is no visible lava flow, there is no reason to view that area and they are probably just going faster and therefore don't need the extra day at sea.  (There is lava in the cauldron but during major eruptions it used to flow to the ocean). Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to have an extra sea day - we had one too many...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jldevlin said:

We get an extra day in Honolulu instead of being at sea ....I think it is a win instead of a loss 

i am already staying 3 days in Honolulu at the end of the cruise, so not too great ☹️ for me.

Edited by saphir

22 minutes ago, saphir said:

i am already staying 3 days in Honolulu at the end of the cruise, so not too great ☹️ for me.

Jump on Southwest and fly over to Kauai for your extra time instead of spending 4 days in Honolulu. It's a beautiful island and Celebrity no longer goes there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, TeaBag said:

Jump on Southwest and fly over to Kauai for your extra time instead of spending 4 days in Honolulu. It's a beautiful island and Celebrity no longer goes there.

I was surprised to see this too - we just booked Solstice and were disappointed about no Kauai. Nearly 20 years ago when we did an NCL cruise there, it was our favorite island. For that reason we're thinking about spending our post-cruise time there. Why doesn't Celebrity visit Kauai anymore?

On 6/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, saphir said:

Then spend the day on the ship, relax by the pool, visit the spa etc. Treat it like a sea day. There is no rule saying you must get off the ship. 

The only time I've received compensation for a missed port was when it occurred after the cruise began.   One time on B2B day in Yokohama we were evacuated from the ship due to a typhoon and and were give a free hotel / food and 1 day of the rate you had paid as a FCC.

12 hours ago, Dimarie40 said:

Then spend the day on the ship, relax by the pool, visit the spa etc. Treat it like a sea day. There is no rule saying you must get off the ship. 

Treat yourself to the best magic show we have ever seen - The Magic of Polynesia. Don't book the show and meal option, the food was awful, the magic sensational.