How do you replace your Personal Cruise Consultant?

baggal

5 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

I don't understand this.  Why didn't you just either book with someone else on the general reservation line, or use the internet?  Was there a reason you needed a supervisor when calling the PCC line?   I suppose I just don't get what the benefit is of booking through a PCC instead of booking through reservations - the end result seems like it would be the same to me, but I'm new to HAL.

I’ve heard horror stories on here of people waiting hours to talk to someone at hal.  That’s doesn’t work for me because I’m still working.  Up until very recently I used a pcc.  I emailed her and my cruise was booked or issue dealt with.  They know your preferences out of the gate too which is beneficial.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’ve heard horror stories on here of people waiting hours to talk to someone at hal.  That’s doesn’t work for me because I’m still working.  Up until very recently I used a pcc.  I emailed her and my cruise was booked or issue dealt with.  They know your preferences out of the gate too which is beneficial.

On our last 5 cruises, which were all CCL, we did book through our PVP (same thing I guess), But realistically, I e-mailed him sailing and a couple of cabins in order of preference, and would just wait on a call to remit.  In our case, I didn't really need him, but I booked with him because I like the guy.

It sounded like OP was just done with HAL altogether, and that's what I super don't understand.

6 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

I don't understand this.  Why didn't you just either book with someone else on the general reservation line, or use the internet?  Was there a reason you needed a supervisor when calling the PCC line?   I suppose I just don't get what the benefit is of booking through a PCC instead of booking through reservations - the end result seems like it would be the same to me, but I'm new to HAL.

IMO, the PCC generally is more knowledge than a person at the reservation number (I know this is not always the case, but more times than not it is true).  Plus. the PCC gets to know you and your likes and dislikes.  Further, if you have to call back, you do not have to start the whole thing over again.  

Also, HAL's website has been difficult to deal with in the past and can be frustrating.  And you cannot always find all your options (such as marking your reservation DO NOT UPGRADE) easily.  

Further, a PCC can advise you on issues that other clients have commented on recently (good and bad).  And they are more likely to go to bat for you with HAL on problems (mine has on several occasions resolved issues for me that I never thought she would be able to).

Of course, not al PCCs are the same - some good, some bad.  If you find a good one hang onto him/her, if you get a bad one, just ask to be reassigned.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Don Kehote said:

On our last 5 cruises, which were all CCL, we did book through our PVP (same thing I guess), But realistically, I e-mailed him sailing and a couple of cabins in order of preference, and would just wait on a call to remit.  In our case, I didn't really need him, but I booked with him because I like the guy.

It sounded like OP was just done with HAL altogether, and that's what I super don't understand.

Perhaps you didn't thoroughly read my original post - there has been no response to phone calls or emails.  In the past, pre-COVID, we found our PCC very helpful in securing cabins that seemed to be unavailable on the main HAL website, etc.  But that was then and this is now.  I'm willing to adjust my expectations on a lot of things but this just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baggal said:

Perhaps you didn't thoroughly read my original post - there has been no response to phone calls or emails.  In the past, pre-COVID, we found our PCC very helpful in securing cabins that seemed to be unavailable on the main HAL website, etc.  But that was then and this is now.  I'm willing to adjust my expectations on a lot of things but this just doesn't make sense.

I don’t blame you one bit.  Being dealt with by valuing my business and treating me with respect is HUGE.  I know some will stick with a cruise line no matter what because they’ve never travelled with another line or because they are ok with being treated in whatever way hal chooses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I don’t blame you one bit.  Being dealt with by valuing my business and treating me with respect is HUGE.  I know some will stick with a cruise line no matter what because they’ve never travelled with another line or because they are ok with being treated in whatever way hal chooses.

Same here.  We don’t believe in rewarded poor customer service.  Or in thi case incredibly poor customer service.

We certainly would not have been as persistent as the OP.   When we get an indication that someone does not want our business we run. For us it is a tell tale sign of how the rest will transpire.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, 65 Gator said:

We are scheduled for an October cruise.  Sent email a couple of weeks ago to ask if the booking was still good to go.  No response.  Called my PCC and the recording said that this person no longer works for HAL.  This is the second time my PCC "no longer works for HAL"...  I respect the nightmare of working through Covid, but resent that nobody reached out, proactively, to let us know that we no longer had a PCC.

I called a local travel agent and she called HAL.  She was told that the booking was in place for too long and she could not assume the booking.

Sorry for the rant but, as a 4-star Mariner, I expected a little better service.  Thanks for this thread... 

Leon, my brother pilot.  We are not friends on Facebook so you will not be notified that I sent you a message.  Just go to your messages and click on the "Message Requests" feature.  We cannot mention our PCCs by name here on CC but my FB message to you is information about my awesome PCC and how to contact him.  Good luck. Regards to Jenn. 

61 Hurricane

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

Leon, my brother pilot.  We are not friends on Facebook so you will not be notified that I sent you a message.  Just go to your messages and click on the "Message Requests" feature.  We cannot mention our PCCs by name here on CC but my FB message to you is information about my awesome PCC and how to contact him.  Good luck. Regards to Jenn. 

Hurricane '61

Nice job Susan! We also have an outstanding HAL PCC who will get the job done and has done so several times. I just gave Leon her name so he has a choice! Take care and be safe!!

Funny Photo of the day for Sunday, 28 December 2014 from site Jokes of The  Day - I was your pilot

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AV8rix said:

61 Hurricane

12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nice job Susan! We also have an outstanding HAL PCC who will get the job done and has done so several times. I just gave Leon her name so he has a choice! Take care and be safe!!

Funny Photo of the day for Sunday, 28 December 2014 from site Jokes of The  Day - I was your pilot

As have I, and Leon has contacted him and got a swift response yesterday.  Who knows, maybe it's the same PCC Susan has lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

As have I, and Leon has contacted him and got a swift response yesterday.  Who knows, maybe it's the same PCC Susan has lol!

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions...  Carolyn's PCC agreed to answer my questions but doesn't know if he can retain  our account.  Wish I was going to see all you crazies on this upcoming cruise...

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 3:22 AM, Don Kehote said:

DW and I also experienced frustrating difficulties getting follow-ups from our PCC in timely fashion. He redeemed himself, however, with the FlightEze arrangements. It was an "open jaw" booking (out from Chicago to Fairbanks and back from Vancouver to Chicago). I searched beforehand on my own and the pickings were slim and expensive. Once we had booked, he instantly found us non-stop flights both ways at a fair price. 

If one books a cruise directly with HAL (bypassing a PCC), does one get access to FlightEze for booking air transportation?

11 minutes ago, Petronillus said:

If one books a cruise directly with HAL (bypassing a PCC), does one get access to FlightEze for booking air transportation?

Once you have a booking you can log in and search for pre- and post-cruise travel within the booking.