1st time in Aqua Class

3red7s

Hello everyone....we are sailing on 6/26 to Bermuda in Aqua Class.  This is our 1st time to experience this level.  Can you recommend what we should take advantage of? what not to miss? what makes this level so special?  anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again 

The best thing about Aqua is that Blu is your dining room.  Breakfast is Blu is excellent.  At dinner there are some items you are able to order even though they are not on the menu; shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, French onion soup, baked or mashed potatoes, are things I order.   Since you are going to Bermuda I figure you are in the Summit, so since the MDR & Blu kitchens are close together on tge M class ships  we have been able to order from the MDR menu when in Blu.  

You get a bottle of sparkling wine, sometimes it is in the cabin when you board, others times not.  Ask you cabin attendant and they will chill it and have it for you when you want it,

The "free" things in the Persian Gardens......like the heated loungers, shouters, sauna....are nice.

Blu is very nice.....and yes, the breakfasts are yummy! Just remember that men must wear a sleeved shirt.

I would suggest that you do room service one day for breakfast. Just sit and watch the world go by.

The mirror in the bathroom is heated so it won't fog up! Although the massaging shower nozzles are a bust for me.....they just aren't positioned where they did me any good. 😕

Blu is absolutely the best perk of Aqua.   Breakfast is wonderful (although the hours are somewhat shorter than other venues).   Depending on the ship, the Persian Gardens can be great (less so on the M-class ships because of their location).  You will absolutely enjoy your Aqua experience.

• Like 1

We also will be aqua for the first time on a Constellation transatlantic. Will my husband be OK in dockers and golf shirt most nights? I have heard TA is a little more laid back and we will be traveling for 3 weeks before boarding so don't really want to drag a sport coat around.

2 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

We also will be aqua for the first time on a Constellation transatlantic. Will my husband be OK in dockers and golf shirt most nights? I have heard TA is a little more laid back and we will be traveling for 3 weeks before boarding so don't really want to drag a sport coat around.

yes his choice of clothing is perfect!

• Like 1

I have sailed Aqua since its inception and love Blu.  I have 2 cruises currently booked on Apex in Aqua and am looking forward although I now prefer Sky Suites because of the Retreat.  Some men don't care for menu in Blu but waiters have always been willing to get food from MDR kitchen or somewhere when there were no dishes on Blu menu.  I especially enjoy not being in the huge dining room whith all the noise from clanging dishes and all of the talking.  You should love Aqua.

7 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

Absolutely 

The Persian Gardens on the M class isn’t the same as on the S and E classes.  

I think you are on the Summit.   The Persian gardens is in a room with no windows and just a heated bench like a church pew.    I doubt you will spend much time there.   On the other classes there are windows and loungers, way nicer.  

Blu is the main attraction.  A little more intimate than the MDR and chances are no kids.   Most of the diners are couples sitting at tables for 2.   Can get rowdy when there is a group traveling together.  Great service and good food but can’t say it is any healthier than the MDR.  It is listed as clean cuisine.   Was told they use healthier oil options, sauces, salad dressing and etc.   

You can show up anytime during their  hours.  It is like any restaurant.   If the timing isn’t right you have to wait for the diners to finish to get seated.   If you find a server you like request them.   They appreciate when you do that.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

21 hours ago, JuliaMS said:

I'm glad you asked this question. We're sailing with you, also in Aqua, and spending 18 days pre-cruise touring around. I was debating whether to pack my sportcoat but, based on the responses, will leave it home in the closet. It's tricky enough packing for 33 days!

• Like 1