13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't sailed NCL in about 10 years.

Curious how many points I should have and are they shared for couples

Cruise history

1996 - wife did 7 night Bermuda trip solo

2003 - we both did 9 nights in an OS

2010 - wife and friend did a 10 or 11 night TA

So, is that around 35 points?

Latitudes points are individual. The number of points you earn depends on what offers were available at the time. For example, you used to get an extra point for booking 9+ month out. You get an extra point for a suite and another point if you book a latitudes offer, so its impossible to say how many you should have, other than that your wife would have significantly more than you.

Your biggest problem is that NCL don't now go back more than 12 months when looking for past cruises missing from your history, so unless you have detail of latitudes numbers that were related to those cruises then you are likely out of luck.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 5:35 AM, Serengeti228 said:

Do the "standard" latitudes points here refer to the basic 1 point/night (LATREW*) or an additional bonus (LATITUDE)  , i.e. 1+1 =2 points/night?

The LATREW promo code tells them to issue you your earned latitude benefits (laundry, specialty meals, etc). This code has nothing to do with points.

The LATITUDE promo code tells them to issue the BONUS latitude points if an offer for such was in place when you booked.

The standard 1 point per night is issued without any promo code.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Haven't sailed NCL in about 10 years.

Curious how many points I should have and are they shared for couples

Cruise history

1996 - wife did 7 night Bermuda trip solo

2003 - we both did 9 nights in an OS

2010 - wife and friend did a 10 or 11 night TA

So, is that around 35 points?

Latitude points are issued based on the program in effect at the time of sailing. There was a time when the program counted the number of cruises, not the number of nights. You have to see what was in effect at the time and then how those points transitioned when changes to the program were made.

This should be reflected in your Latitudes account visible on your MyNCL page on their website. One caveat...if you don't have those old cruises on your account, they can no longer be applied.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Latitudes points are individual. The number of points you earn depends on what offers were available at the time. For example, you used to get an extra point for booking 9+ month out. You get an extra point for a suite and another point if you book a latitudes offer, so its impossible to say how many you should have, other than that your wife would have significantly more than you.

Your biggest problem is that NCL don't now go back more than 12 months when looking for past cruises missing from your history, so unless you have detail of latitudes numbers that were related to those cruises then you are likely out of luck.

Technically C&A points are individual ad well, but they also honor relationship points. My wife had around 700 more points than I, but we share status.

Now I can see my one Gem cruise, but it's only 9 pts because it says mini suite. It wad definitely an Owners Suite with a butler and 3 bottles of booze. 

Once I get into Laura's history I'll see what hers says then call NCL for clarification

Thanks

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Point well taken - after each cruise check out your Latitudes Point balance - get it corrected within

the 12 month envelope of time !

The 9 month booking rule expired - no longer - so the maximum number of nightly points is -3-

unless NCL states otherwise - 1 base point - 1 suite/haven point - 1 promo offer.

5 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The 9 month booking rule expired - no longer - so the maximum number of nightly points is -3-

unless NCL states otherwise - 1 base point - 1 suite/haven point - 1 promo offer.

NCL were offering two extra points a night a while back, so 4 points is possible, but not for new bookings. We got 28 points for our recent 7 night cruise (1 standard, 1 suite, 2 bonus).

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

NCL were offering two extra points a night a while back, so 4 points is possible, but not for new bookings. We got 28 points for our recent 7 night cruise (1 standard, 1 suite, 2 bonus).

Yes, we have an upcoming 10 days cruise (regular cabin, not a suite) and will get 30 points for that cruise - promotion code on my booking confirmation reads LATDBLX).