Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

19 hours ago, njkate said:

What do you mean? 

PacnGoNow  said the dress code seems to be a lot more relaxed now since the restart

From our experience on all the Cruises we have been on (from Southampton) since restart, people are still dressing up and especially on Formal night  -  lots of dinner suits, Tux and beautiful long dresses.

That is what we have experienced, which is great!!!!!  -  well we like it

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:59 AM, Manderius said:

Ken, when you were in Istanbul, were there taxis or something that could  take you to the Bizare? 

When we were in Istanbul with Princess, there was a Shuttle Bus that took you into City

1 hour ago, yamanid said:

PacnGoNow  said the dress code seems to be a lot more relaxed now since the restart

From our experience on all the Cruises we have been on (from Southampton) since restart, people are still dressing up and especially on Formal night  -  lots of dinner suits, Tux and beautiful long dresses.

That is what we have experienced, which is great!!!!!  -  well we like it

You’re right.  I should have stated from the UK and some of the European ports it is a little dressier. People seem to like to dress up more. 
Thank you for correcting that.  But, it’s not necessary to wear a Tux and an evening gown, only if you want to. 

12 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’re right.  I should have stated from the UK and some of the European ports it is a little dressier. People seem to like to dress up more. 
Thank you for correcting that.  But, it’s not necessary to wear a Tux and an evening gown, only if you want to. 

Only saying what our experience has been, not correcting you  -  Enjoy, take care

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yamanid said:

Film Crew are onboard Regal between August - September

The film crew left the ship in Marseilles three days after our cruise ended on 23rd July. 

They had been aboard for some 8 weeks and were very keen to get off! 

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

The film crew left the ship in Marseilles three days after our cruise ended on 23rd July. 

They had been aboard for some 8 weeks and were very keen to get off! 

Maybe other crew will take their place?  Only saying what we have been told by Princess,  We have been asked to take part in this brand-new daytime TV series, being filmed onboard Regal.  The dates we were given for the filming are between August and October.

1 hour ago, yamanid said:

Maybe other crew will take their place?  Only saying what we have been told by Princess,  We have been asked to take part in this brand-new daytime TV series, being filmed onboard Regal.  The dates we were given for the filming are between August and October.

That was for next year. We had the email inviting us to apply too!

I can say in no uncertain terms the filming finished for The Real Love Boat show the other week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Esprit said:

That was for next year. We had the email inviting us to apply too!

I can say in no uncertain terms the filming finished for The Real Love Boat show the other week.

They may well have gone off the Ship but I can assure you that Filming Crew will be back on Regal again this month.  We have been speaking to Princess re this and have all the details.  they were in contact with us while we were on SKY FOR and called us when we got home a few weeks ago. 

I was not saying the film crew were still onboard!!!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, yamanid said:

They may well have gone off the Ship but I can assure you that Filming Crew will be back on Regal again this month.  We have been speaking to Princess re this and have all the details.  they were in contact with us while we were on SKY FOR and called us when we got home a few weeks ago. 

I was not saying the film crew were still onboard!!!

Do you know when in August they are on?

@Ken the cruiser 

Hope you're still monitoring this thread; I have a quick Q about your experience in Barcelona.

Did you have to show proof of a negative covid test to fly to Barcelona/enter the airport?    Or just to board the Regal?

Due to flight cancellations earlier this summer, our flight from Heathrow to Rome to join the Regal in September is no longer nonstop, but requires us to change planes in Madrid.... wondering if we need to show a test to "enter" the Barcelona airport.

Thanks much,

Mary

1 hour ago, Mary loves to travel said:

@Ken the cruiser 

Hope you're still monitoring this thread; I have a quick Q about your experience in Barcelona.

Did you have to show proof of a negative covid test to fly to Barcelona/enter the airport?    Or just to board the Regal?

Due to flight cancellations earlier this summer, our flight from Heathrow to Rome to join the Regal in September is no longer nonstop, but requires us to change planes in Madrid.... wondering if we need to show a test to "enter" the Barcelona airport.

Thanks much,

Mary

We did not have to show our negative test at the Barcelona airport, just our CDC cards showing that had our booster shots as it had been longer than 270 days since our original vaccine combination.

But it now appears you have to fill out some form if you’re a US citizen before flying into Spain besides showing that you have been vaccinated and boosted. Any, no, we didn’t have to fill our the online form for our July 2 arrival.

Please read the Spain Ministry of Health’s website   for more detailed information.

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal  , obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip.

https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

• Thanks 2

@Ken the cruiser

Thanks much!    Very helpful.     It seems that we won't actually be considered to "enter" Spain; since our flights are on the same confirmation code, and we check our bags all the way through, we're "transiting", not entering.   Whew.

It is interesting that you didn't have to show proof of negative testing to enter Spain by air, but you did by cruise ship.    Hard to keep up sometimes.  🙂

Enjoy,

Mary

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We did not have to show our negative test at the Barcelona airport, just our CDC cards showing that had our booster shots as it had been longer than 270 days since our original vaccine combination.

But it now appears you have to fill out some form if you’re a US citizen before flying into Spain besides showing that you have been vaccinated and boosted. Any, no, we didn’t have to fill our the online form for our July 2 arrival.

Please read the Spain Ministry of Health’s website   for more detailed information.

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal  , obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip.

https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

My read of the App language is that in-transit (connecting to other international flights) are excluded from this requirement.  Also, if arriving by Sea, just need vaccination proof or recovery/test results.

• 2 months later...

Hi all! For those interested we will be going on a 38-day B2B cruise on the NCL Jade starting Nov 13th leaving out of Athens and winding up in Cape Town. If you would like to follow us along on this awesome adventure, I just started my Live From thread. I know it's still a little early, but we are super excited! 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Hi all! For those interested we will be going on a 38-day B2B cruise on the NCL Jade starting Nov 13th leaving out of Athens and winding up in Cape Town. If you would like to follow us along on this awesome adventure, I just started my Live From thread. I know it's still a little early, but we are super excited! 😁

For those of you that haven’t cruised through the Suez Canal yet, we’re going through it now and I’m posting a bunch of pictures to my above NCL Jade thread.

• 3 months later...

Question on Heraklion - can anyone tell  me if Princess has a shuttle (free or nominal cost) that takes you into the town center?  The one YouTube I saw dropped people off a long way from town  We have an "On Your Own" tour booked but it's $60 total so if we can get to town for less that would be great  

Also, I understand you can take a city bus (or maybe it's just a bus) to Knosos - has anyone done that and was the bus easy?   I think the price as about 1.5 EU so did you just use cash?  Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.   Thank you

1 hour ago, mrstmaxx said:

Question on Heraklion - can anyone tell  me if Princess has a shuttle (free or nominal cost) that takes you into the town center?  The one YouTube I saw dropped people off a long way from town  We have an "On Your Own" tour booked but it's $60 total so if we can get to town for less that would be great  

Also, I understand you can take a city bus (or maybe it's just a bus) to Knosos - has anyone done that and was the bus easy?   I think the price as about 1.5 EU so did you just use cash?  Any info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.   Thank you

Last year when we got off ship there were plenty of taxi’s. We grabbed a taxi to Knossos and then to Heraklion to go to the archeological museum and have lunch. We walked back from the town to to the port. At the port there is a shuttle bus from port area to ship (probably so folks are walking the port area on foot). 

4 hours ago, cruisersince1986 said:

Last year when we got off ship there were plenty of taxi’s. We grabbed a taxi to Knossos and then to Heraklion to go to the archeological museum and have lunch. We walked back from the town to to the port. At the port there is a shuttle bus from port area to ship (probably so folks are walking the port area on foot). 

Do you recall the cost of the taxi? We thought about the bus but I think it is a rather long ride with all the stops

3 minutes ago, NIkkiGR said:

Do you recall the cost of the taxi? We thought about the bus but I think it is a rather long ride with all the stops

We ended up paying the driver to drive us to from Knossos and to a couple of other sites. It was a little tour thing they offered. I think it was 30 euro per person.   I don’t know the rate from pier to Knossos. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrstmaxx said:

Starting at post #330 I describe our 2-hour self-guided walk to the city center and back. Basically once you walk to the street next to the dock, you just turn right and follow the yellow line. It’s a pretty easy walk with a lot to see.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2862910-live-from-the-regal-july-2-23-med-cruise-rt-barcelona/page/14/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

For those interested I just started a Live From thread over on the Celebrity Forum that will cover our 33-day cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse from Sydney to Vancouver by way of Honolulu. So if you would like to learn more about what it's currently like to cruise on a Celebrity S-Class ship, you're more than welcome to follow along. 

• Like 1