Any Travel Authorizations Denied?

Cruisegoer

If you look at the application form carefully you'll see that the confirmation (reservation) number is not mandatory. It says: " If you have your cruise confirmation number, please add it here to assist in the testing process. "

Edited by njhorseman

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get authorization approval?  We filled in the forms and paid our $40 on June 26th.  Our sail date isn't until July 24th.

I emailed the Bermuda

goverment from the processing email after submitting with my reference number. This is the reply:

Good day,

The automatic system should approve your form within a week of your cruise.

If you still do not receive it within this timeframe, please email back.

COVID-19 Response Team 
Government of Bermuda | Department of Health
Continental Building | 25 Church Street | Hamilton, Bermuda HM 12
P.O. Box HM 1195 l Hamilton, Bermuda HM EX 
Direct Telephone: 441 444 2498 | Email: coronavirus@gov.bm 

We are on Celebrity's July 17th sailing and just received our approved travel authorization this morning (7/9).  I believe others on the July 17th roll call also just received it this morning.

1 hour ago, nycnut said:

We are on Celebrity's July 17th sailing and just received our approved travel authorization this morning (7/9).  I believe others on the July 17th roll call also just received it this morning.

Yes, I got it this morning. I did my husbands the following day and he is waiting on his. I read they go by sail date for their approvals.

Bernadette

Since some of you have just recently paid for your TAs, I hope it's okay to jump in and ask this question.  When you paid, did you get charged a foreign transaction fee on your card?  (I haven't checked our cards to see which ones may not have FTFs but thought I'd ask while it was on my mind.)  

3 minutes ago, nzdisneymom said:

Since some of you have just recently paid for your TAs, I hope it's okay to jump in and ask this question.  When you paid, did you get charged a foreign transaction fee on your card?  (I haven't checked our cards to see which ones may not have FTFs but thought I'd ask while it was on my mind.)  

If you have a card that does not charge a foreign transaction fee you should use it. If you don't you will be charged a foreign transaction fee. Your cards that have an annual fee are most likely not to charge the fee. Capital One cards don't charge the fee. 

• Like 1

I used a card that charges foreign transaction fee but did not see a charge.  I think Bermuda charges cards in US dollars.

pre-COVID - The exchange rate was 1 for 1.  When buying things in Bermuda, they took U S dollars and usually gave change in U S dollars. 

.  I hope it hasn’t changed.

DH and applied this morning. I have had an email acknowledgment, he has not. I am a little concerned that they may not like our UK vaccination cards as they don’t look like the ones issued in N America. All we could do was take photos of the cards and attach them to the application and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

DH and applied this morning. I have had an email acknowledgment, he has not. I am a little concerned that they may not like our UK vaccination cards as they don’t look like the ones issued in N America. All we could do was take photos of the cards and attach them to the application and hope for the best.

Bermuda has visitors from all over the world. Many are from the UK. Bermuda is a British Overseas territory. No doubt they are familiar with UK vaccination cards.