Extra OBC?

Cuthbertz

Well just done a dummy booking for same grade as I paid final balance for yesterday.

Price has gone up by £100, but now with £780 OBC per cabin.

Having spoken to them yesterday, this absolutely stinks.

For sure I am not going to dwell on it, and it won't ruin my cruise, but I won't be back with P&O again. 

Yes I new that they would do that to try and entice you into select price .We tracked iona October gone up Approx £150 but obc now £660 .Why don't they just reduce the select price .They haven't even changed the first page of their site still shows last offer .

1 hour ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Well just done a dummy booking for same grade as I paid final balance for yesterday.

For sure I am not going to dwell on it, and it won't ruin my cruise, but I won't be back with P&O again. 

If I were you I would get onto P&O and let them know how you feel, after what does an email cost?

Write to executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com it can take a while for a reply but I have found a much better response.

2 hours ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I checked ours, 2 October Britannia. The price has gone up £300 for 2 people in a balcony, but an extra £660 OBC. Do the think we are fools ?. Obviously that's a yes. I will fire off an email to Paul Ludlow, probably his boss as well. Utter contempt.

• Like 1

For the (inside) cabin next door to us it has gone up £400 with an obc offer of coach plus £450. It works out we would save less than £60 per cabin. However I don't know if the 5% loyalty would have come off that price. 

I have a cruise booked for August 2024, I have just checked and the price is the same but with reduced deposit and an increase of £460 OBC. I'm not happy at all and I'm afraid to say this really is the final straw with P&O, I have 2 cruises booked on Arvia that I will cancel (only paid a low deposit) and I have one in September that is fully paid so when these 2 (September and 2024) are over I'm done with P&O.

If other cruise lines follow suit then I'm back to land based holidays where I don't feel ripped off.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, emam said:

For the (inside) cabin next door to us it has gone up £400 with an obc offer of coach plus £450. It works out we would save less than £60 per cabin. However I don't know if the 5% loyalty would have come off that price. 

That 5% is totally false because if you don't get 5% loyalty discount you get 5% new customer discount. 

10 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

That 5% is totally false because if you don't get 5% loyalty discount you get 5% new customer discount. 

I sent off my email. I won't report what I said as I may get an extra holiday. I repriced that cruise. Only £150 extra, but £660 OBC. Unbelievable.

26 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have a cruise booked for August 2024, I have just checked and the price is the same but with reduced deposit and an increase of £460 OBC. I'm not happy at all and I'm afraid to say this really is the final straw with P&O, I have 2 cruises booked on Arvia that I will cancel (only paid a low deposit) and I have one in September that is fully paid so when these 2 (September and 2024) are over I'm done with P&O.

If other cruise lines follow suit then I'm back to land based holidays where I don't feel ripped off.

At least you can cancel and rebook. We can't. Plain contempt.

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

At least you can cancel and rebook. We can't. Plain contempt.

I agree but I'm in both positions as I have a fully paid cruise in September that granted the OBC hasn't changed as far as I'm aware as all balcony cabins are fully booked and I have one in August 2024 that I had to pay a high deposit and now the cost hasn't changed but it is a low deposit and £460 more OBC, a right piss take if you ask me. I have two others that I'm willing to lose the deposit on.

I just hope this discussion gets fed back to P&O marketing dept.

First they piss off loyal customers then, not content with that they piss of those whole have booked early, showing faith in the company and put cash in their bank. Well no more money from me in the form of new bookings, I'm off to Celebrity and also take a look at RCI.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I agree but I'm in both positions as I have a fully paid cruise in September that granted the OBC hasn't changed as far as I'm aware as all balcony cabins are fully booked and I have one in August 2024 that I had to pay a high deposit and now the cost hasn't changed but it is a low deposit and £460 more OBC, a right piss take if you ask me. I have two others that I'm willing to lose the deposit on.

First they piss off loyal customers then, not content with that they piss of those whole have booked early, showing faith in the company and put cash in their bank. Well no more money from me in the form of new bookings, I'm off to Celebrity and also take a look at RCI.

Just checked our Oct Iona Canaries and the current select price is £1300 per cabin higher than we paid on launch. Even with the extra £660 OBC it's still £650 more expensive, and  there is no mention of a 5% discount.

Just proves that booking on launch is the way to go.

25 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just checked our Oct Iona Canaries and the current select price is £1300 per cabin higher than we paid on launch. Even with the extra £660 OBC it's still £650 more expensive, and  there is no mention of a 5% discount.

Just proves that booking on launch is the way to go.

The majority of my cruises are booked at launch but I had no option with some because of various reasons. 

Whe 5% discount is not mentioned in my experience no one gets it but it it says 5% for previous customers and you don't put your Peninsular Club number in the price at the end includes 5% discount for new customer, I know this as I saw it when I booked the cruise where I booked a cabin for my son and family (it was completely a separate booking, I just did the typing).

I've been having a little chat with P&O on their faceache page abiout the extra obc. After a few vague answers I have actually asked if my next cruise is one of the selected cruises. Still waiting for the answer which I expect will be one of yes or no or just ignore me. My vote is with the latter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

We had 3 P&O cruises last year. We have 3 booked this year, 1 Celebrity in a couple of weeks, 1 RC in September and Britannia in October. What I find contemptible is doing this the day after folk paid their final balance. No opportunity to cancel and rebook. That no doubt was their intention. We plan a couple, or 3 cruises next year. We will see how the other 2 perform. I doubt our money will find its way to P&O's account.

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I doubt our money will find its way to P&O's account.

I hope many more people will follow suit, that might teach P&O that if they want customers they can’t take them for granted.

19 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Seems random! I have done 49 cruises with P&O in past 10 years. All balcony, all select and paid single supplement each time. Never had extra obc.  As I have said, so much for loyalty!

It doesn’t seem random to me, the more you cruise with P&O the more they p*** on you. 
Marketing have been told “Get new customers” but no one told them they had to keep customers as well.

• Like 3