Walking on Summit?

GRBlizz

Upcoming cruise to Iceland/Greenland will be our first on Summit. I would like to be able to get in a decent walk on the sea days, as there are many of them. Looking at the deck plans, I can't see a walking track or any area that would meet that need. Can anyone recommend a place where I could make a few rounds of the ship?

24 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

Upcoming cruise to Iceland/Greenland will be our first on Summit. I would like to be able to get in a decent walk on the sea days, as there are many of them. Looking at the deck plans, I can't see a walking track or any area that would meet that need. Can anyone recommend a place where I could make a few rounds of the ship?

You can also walk on deck4 - along the port side, cross the ship in front of the theatre entrance, then back along the starboard side to the back and across in front of the dining room, rinse & repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

just deck 11 track  and it is short

If you don't have an issue with climbing stairs, you can make it a little longer by going up the steps to the rooftop terrace (deck 12 aft), looping around behind all the lounges, and coming back down the steps on the other side of the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

On deck 11 is the jogging track

image.png.3531da8dccfe161da7ed5fa6aa4ac681.png

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

Yes for sure.   We are avid walkers and walk daily.   I usually do 20,000 steps a day and always find a way to do it.

The main track is on Deck 11 -    Per the sign on M-Class ships "Six Times around the Deck Equal one Kilometer or 5/8 of a Mile"

I extend my lap by going fully aft up the stairs to Deck 12 and around the Roof Top  Terrace back down the stairs and then fully forward.    Since we travel in Retreat Class I  can go up the steps forward and walk around the Forward Retreat Deck and back down.    Gives good aerobics  in addition to steps.

I'm sure we will bump into each other as we are on a B3B starting with the August 8 sailing to Greenland.  

If the weather is not cooperative which I would expect on parts of our cruise I take to the halls.   Starting on Deck 9 - working my way down and up to prevent boredom.   Most of the floors dead end forward so you can't make full laps but it works.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RTShaker said:

You can also walk on deck4 - along the port side, cross the ship in front of the theatre entrance, then back along the starboard side to the back and across in front of the dining room, rinse & repeat.

Definitely one of my favorite places to walk, especially because of the proximity to the water, and also because it was almost always devoid of people, no matter what I time I was there (which I could never understand, as it's such a great space).  

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQa-uqcnHVdqoCTtTqfLDNsa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569595124

(photo by turtles06)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How long will you be in Greenland?    We are on a cruise on another line in early September with 13 days in Greenland.   Maybe a day or two in Greenland will be enough.   In all but one port we go ashore in Zodiacs.     I always walked the inside decks on Celebrity as their jogging track is too short.     The best areas for walking are on the QM2 and she has an actual promenade, hope to be on her for 19 days in December.

I did something similar as some of the others and just meandered around the ship, inside and out. It was kind of fun, actually, and much better than just going around that small track. 

Yes, walk the halls on a day you prefer inside… less boring than a treadmill tho an occasional sidestep to avoid folks exiting staterooms 😉🤣

taking the stairs between decks will add to your workout… think stair master!  

2 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

How long will you be in Greenland?    We are on a cruise on another line in early September with 13 days in Greenland.   Maybe a day or two in Greenland will be enough.   In all but one port we go ashore in Zodiacs.     I always walked the inside decks on Celebrity as their jogging track is too short.     The best areas for walking are on the QM2 and she has an actual promenade, hope to be on her for 19 days in December.

Summit does one port call and a second full day cruising close to the shore in Greenland.

My daughter designed a route for me.  It does Jim's Deck 11 & 12 route except adds down the stairs at the bow to deck 3 and back up.  Told me I needed to stretch more.  I try to do that one 4 times a day.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Thank you! I was looking at that on the deck plan and wondered if it would work. Appreciate the insight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1