🚢 🛳 🚢 Bon Voyage to Bramcruiser - July 14th, 2022 🥂 🥂 🥂

kazu

This looks like a fun itinerary and a great way to ‘cool down’ if you summer is hot 😉 We hope Bramcruiser and everyone on board has many great sights and a great time on board.  And, of course, we wish them fair winds and smooth seas.

Bon Voyage to Norwegian Star - 11 day Iceland & Greenland:

Bramcruiser - hope your other half enjoys this belated retirement gift

E54148C8-FA5B-4F20-A36F-F9B8705CE2B7.jpeg.f5c87655d41d3d2b9b33142ad4602a7d.jpeg

Bon Voyage Bramcruiser !!!!!

Have a great cruise & a WONDERFUL time !!!!!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. We originally had a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam planned as well as a week and a half of European land travel booked for 2020. In all we were supposed to do The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and Portugal as the blow out retirement gift. Unfortunately events in 2020 made it impossible to move forward with any of it. So this cruise (my first on NCL) is our makeup despite my partner being retired for 2 years now and I am working from home these days.

I wasn't able to find something exactly the same in 2022 as the cruise we lost so I decided go in a totally different direction and mindset. We love Iceland (been there twice before) and the visit to Greenland is an added bonus. We fly out Monday and plan to do some sightseeing before boarding the ship on Thursday. Really looking to returning to sea after not being on a ship for 4 years now.

Looking forward as well to eating that great Icelandic lamb. 🙂 Have a great summer sailing everyone.

• Like 1

Can we change the thread title to This is what you get for changing cruise lines? 🙂

We made it to Iceland and to the ship only to find out inclement weather has cancelled our voyage to Greenland and so we're being re-rerouted to Norway.  So much for bucket lists. The irony as I said to my partner is that if I wanted to go to Norway I would have booked with Holland America as we originally had done in 2020 (before it was cancelled due to Covid).

I have to be careful what I say onboard as I know NCL has a lot of fans. However, if anything can go wrong on day one it happened. The rerouting of our voyage was only the start. I feel more like I am on more of a glorified ferry rather than a cruise ship.

Oh well, lesson learned. I have to find a future sailing on the |Nieuw Statendam.