ArriveCAN app required for Canada

Arizona Wildcat

Davekathy,

Celebrity has this information in their emails to you once you begin the check in process.

In fact you will receive multiple emails from them!

From a Celebrity email I received today for our August Alaska cruise from Vancouver:

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

• If you are flying to Canada to begin your cruise, you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to your flight’s arrival in Canada.

• If you will be entering a Canadian port on your cruise that begins in the U.S., you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to debarking in any Canadian port.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arubamoose said:

Is it better/easier to download the app on your phone or to do it on a desktop with the link provided above?  I can go either way.

TIA

Arubamoose, I suggest adding the app to you phone via the app store. Easy to fill out from the app.

• Like 1

I downloaded the app and have all of our information loaded. We sail from Seward to Vancouver and I was under the impression that we had to have everything filled out before we board the ship, but the earliest is 72 hours so It will have to be done on the ship. Am I understanding this correctly? We will enter by “marine” and “other” or “discretionary/optional travel”. Just want to get this right!

9 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I downloaded the app and have all of our information loaded. We sail from Seward to Vancouver and I was under the impression that we had to have everything filled out before we board the ship, but the earliest is 72 hours so It will have to be done on the ship. Am I understanding this correctly? We will enter by “marine” and “other” or “discretionary/optional travel”. Just want to get this right!

I believe you can submit  72 hrs before you board. 

On 7/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, lovecruzin said:

You can set up the account anytime. Trip info will be added later (72 hours prior)

So we will be on board once we do it? Is it 72 hours before arrival to Canada or 72 hours prior to boarding?

22 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

There are 4 of us going……my husband, adult son, adult niece and myself. We paid for the cruise so I have everything on my app. We are already checked in. My son and niece wouldn’t even have any idea how to find out any information regarding the cruise. They will just show up 😂……with this in mind, can I put all of our information in ArriveCan or do my son and niece have to have their own on their phone?

5 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes they do. I just thought it would be easier for me to do everyone’s since I have all of the information. My son currently lives out of the country and arrives home right before we sail. It would just make it easier 

If your son doesn't live with you currently or if he is over 18 years of age, he must fill out his own ArriveCAN submission. The same applies to your niece. Here are the regulations relating to families:

Families

As the primary traveller, you may provide travel information for yourself and for:

• your spouse or common law partner
  • your children (or children for whom you have legal guardianship), aged 18 years or younger
  • any other adult in your residence with the same travel destination in Canada

You can provide information for up to 8 travellers, including yourself, in a single submission.

Use this when:

• you'll all stay together at the same address for the entire quarantine or isolation period, if required and
  • you have their permission to collect and share this information

Include unvaccinated children or dependent adults in your submission regardless of their vaccination status.

47 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

22 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I didn’t realize what I was doing on the app and it said I couldn’t do anything unless I was traveling from today until July 18

20 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

So we will be on board once we do it? Is it 72 hours before arrival to Canada or 72 hours prior to boarding?

The submission must be made during the 72-hour window prior to boarding.

• Like 1

Read the Celebrity website people!!!

Information about the requirements (Vaccines! Testing! Documentation! ArriveCan!0 is easy to find on the Celebrity website.

The Canadian ArriveCan website also has a wealth of information on how to do the document and when.

41 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Read the Celebrity website people!!!

Information about the requirements (Vaccines! Testing! Documentation! ArriveCan!0 is easy to find on the Celebrity website.

The Canadian ArriveCan website also has a wealth of information on how to do the document and when.

I did read it! I just didn’t know if it was 72 hours before arriving Canada or 72 hours before boarding the ship. Sorry!

56 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If your son doesn't live with you currently or if he is over 18 years of age, he must fill out his own ArriveCAN submission. The same applies to your niece. Here are the regulations relating to families:

Families

As the primary traveller, you may provide travel information for yourself and for:

• your spouse or common law partner
  • your children (or children for whom you have legal guardianship), aged 18 years or younger
  • any other adult in your residence with the same travel destination in Canada

You can provide information for up to 8 travellers, including yourself, in a single submission.

Use this when:

• you'll all stay together at the same address for the entire quarantine or isolation period, if required and
  • you have their permission to collect and share this information

Include unvaccinated children or dependent adults in your submission regardless of their vaccination status.

The submission must be made during the 72-hour window prior to boarding.

I never saw this information. I will have to wait until we are in Anchorage and then have her fill out the information. I will then delete her from my account. Hopefully I can keep my son on. Our residence is technically his address as he is just returning from living abroad for a year and  hasn’t lived anywhere else since college in 2020. Thank you for the information!

On 7/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, asrubin said:

I am confused as if I need to do the ArriveCan twice.  We will be flying to Vancouver next Thursday.  I know I have to fill it out 72 hours before the flight.  Our Alaska cruise is roundtrip out of Vancouver and leaves the following Sunday.  Do I need to fill ArriveCan out again for the cruise?t 

Yes, you will need to fill out ArriveCan twice. Once within 72 hours before your flight and then again before you embark on the cruise. You can only have one trip listed at a time and you will need to delete the first trip after you arrive in Vancouver. Assuming that your ship will call on Victoria before returning to Vancouver, you will list Victoria as your port of entry for the cruise.

10 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Yes, you will need to fill out ArriveCan twice. Once within 72 hours before your flight and then again before you embark on the cruise. You can only have one trip listed at a time and you will need to delete the first trip after you arrive in Vancouver. Assuming that your ship will call on Victoria before returning to Vancouver, you will list Victoria as your port of entry for the cruise.

Actually, the cruise does not stop in Victoria.  It starts in Vancouver, goes to Sitka, Juneau, and Ketchikan, and then back to Vancouver.

3 hours ago, boxkite said:

Davekathy,

Celebrity has this information in their emails to you once you begin the check in process.

In fact you will receive multiple emails from them!

From a Celebrity email I received today for our August Alaska cruise from Vancouver:

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

• If you are flying to Canada to begin your cruise, you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to your flight’s arrival in Canada.

• If you will be entering a Canadian port on your cruise that begins in the U.S., you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to debarking in any Canadian port.

Thanks. Good to know. We don't sail until 21 September so 7 August is when we can start the check in process on the app or online. I've already got the ArriveCAN app on my phone and have started that process. 

3 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

Is it better/easier to download the app on your phone or to do it on a desktop with the link provided above?  I can go either way.

TIA

Phone for me as that is what I'll be taking. I'll still take hard copies of everything we need. 

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Phone for me as that is what I'll be taking. I'll still take hard copies of everything we need. 

You absolutely need to do it on a phone because about 10 days ago the app was updated.  If you submit with an old version it will be rejected.

Again if flying to Canada submit a couple days before your flight.  Then after you are in Canada open the app and check you are on a cruise ship.  All the personal data is saved.  You only need to click on marine travel and enter the ports.

The newest version updated entry ports for cruises.

Purplesmurf.  ArriveCAN takes about 10 minutes on a phone if you have your Covid card and passport to set up.  The setup includes NOTHING about your cruise.  Your son will need it on his phone.  Same for your niece. Just click on traveller at the bottom to enter the photos and info.  Then enter cruise ship ports and dates just before you board.

This is not rocket science.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

17 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You absolutely need to do it on a phone because about 10 days ago the app was updated.  If you submit with an old version it will be rejected.

Again if flying to Canada submit a couple days before your flight.  Then after you are in Canada open the app and check you are on a cruise ship.  All the personal data is saved.  You only need to click on marine travel and enter the ports.

Purplesmurf.  ArriveCAN takes about 10 minutes on a phone if you have your Covid card and passport to set up.  The setup includes NOTHING about your cruise.  Your son will need it on his phone.  Same for your niece. Just click on traveller at the bottom to enter the photos and info.  Then enter cruise ship ports and dates just before you board.

Well that was kind of rude. Thought this page was supposed to help people. I have NEVER done this before. I had no idea that all of us couldn’t be on the same app. I’ll figure it out on my own. Guess they won’t let us off if the ship if I screw it up 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

7 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Well that was kind of rude. Thought this page was supposed to help people. I have NEVER done this before. I had no idea that all of us couldn’t be on the same app. I’ll figure it out on my own. Guess they won’t let us off if the ship if I screw it up 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

More likely they won'"t let you ON the ship.

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I inputted our passport info and uploaded pictures of our covid vaccination cards a couple of days ago and all is saved. We leave from Boston, so I'll do the Trip Detail portion the morning we board the ship in the hotel waiting for my wife (😉) or whenever the date shows up to add travel info in the ArriveCAN app.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Purplsmurf- I have answered multiple times.  Very politely that ArriveCAN is an app.  Celebrity is an app.  They have nothing to do with each other.  But both are required.  That is why I kept explaining you and your DW need to complete it.  Your adult son and niece each need to do it as well on their own.  You each need to show it to CBP in Canada.   Others as well sent you copies of the Government of Canada rules.

What is important is you will not be allowed to board a cruise that ports in Canada unless you ALL complete the app.

Nobody has ever done ArriveCAN before it is new.

Hope you figure this out.  Possibly your son or neice can help.

Happy cruising.

Just a quick note.

Not only will you not be allowed to board your ship in Canada (as the helpful folks above have said), you won't be allowed into Canada without having the ArriveCAN completed.

Send the links provided (in earlier posts) to the younger adults who are travelling with you, they will have no problem filling them out, and you take care of yours.

Personally, in these days of Covid (and maybe isolations), flight delays, and baggage loss, I would have everyone have their own ArriveCAN on their own devices, just in case things go awry.   

Cheers, h.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Purplsmurf- I have answered multiple times.  Very politely that ArriveCAN is an app.  Celebrity is an app.  They have nothing to do with each other.  But both are required.  That is why I kept explaining you and your DW need to complete it.  Your adult son and niece each need to do it as well on their own.  You each need to show it to CBP in Canada.   Others as well sent you copies of the Government of Canada rules.

What is important is you will not be allowed to board a cruise that ports in Canada unless you ALL complete the app.

Nobody has ever done ArriveCAN before it is new.

Hope you figure this out.  Possibly your son or neice can help.

Happy cruising.

You have been more then patient. You can lead a horse to water.

Personally,  I would advise my son and niece of the requirement at least.

Where the story goes from here is out of our hands 

According to the Canadian website- groups do not need to use more than one ArriveCAN. 

"

c) Select travellers for this trip

If you’re travelling to Canada in a group and intend to stay together for the duration of your quarantine period, you do NOT need to create separate ArriveCAN accounts for each member. You can add up to eight travellers to your trip for the purpose of your ArriveCAN receipt. In order to do so, you need to share travel document information and COVID-19 proof of vaccination for each traveller within your account.

"

49 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

According to the Canadian website- groups do not need to use more than one ArriveCAN. 

"

c) Select travellers for this trip

If you’re travelling to Canada in a group and intend to stay together for the duration of your quarantine period, you do NOT need to create separate ArriveCAN accounts for each member. You can add up to eight travellers to your trip for the purpose of your ArriveCAN receipt. In order to do so, you need to share travel document information and COVID-19 proof of vaccination for each traveller within your account.

"

I used one ArriveCAN app for both of us. Gives you the option to add additional travelers. 

Edited by davekathy