Champagne

nasus2

3 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Sorry, hijacking for a related champagne question - Do they not have Veuve Cliquot, Bollinger, and/or Moet & Chandon on the ship, or are those just not included in either of the beverage packages?

I have not seen any of these fine champagnes in either of the beverage packages. You might find someone willing to serve from a open bottle at which point you could be charged extra. Of course some of these are for sale by the bottle.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

Sorry, hijacking for a related champagne question - Do they not have Veuve Cliquot, Bollinger, and/or Moet & Chandon on the ship, or are those just not included in either of the beverage packages?

I'm can't speak to what's on now, but for my Millie cruise in 3 weeks, all 3 of those were listed as available.  Who knows if that's correct or if it WILL be correct by the time the cruise begins.

5 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

The only time we’ve ever seen Veuve and Möet included in a package was in the PremiumPlus package on MSC ( which, unfortunately, has been discontinued).   It was the very best value package ever available at sea.   

20 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The only time we’ve ever seen Veuve and Möet included in a package was in the PremiumPlus package on MSC ( which, unfortunately, has been discontinued).   It was the very best value package ever available at sea.   

We were on NCL in December, and Veuve and Moet were included in the Premium Plus beverage package (it's the upgrade from their "Free at Sea" package).

17 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

We were on NCL in December, and Veuve and Moet were included in the Premium Plus beverage package (it's the upgrade from their "Free at Sea" package).

WOW that is very generous of NCL I would be partaking in a lot of that.

6 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

I'm looking at my cruise on Equinox, and some of those are available by the bottle. Not by the glass. There used to be some decent bottle lists online, but they look to be dated.

Not by the glass...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

We had that package on NCL in September - don’t remember those being included. Probably weren’t aware, otherwise we would certainly  have partaken of one or two glasses. 😆

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

We had that package on NCL in September - don’t remember those being included. Probably weren’t aware, otherwise we would certainly  have partaken of one or two glasses. 😆

We were lucky in that on the first night, we walked into the Cellar Wine Bar and asked what champagne we could try with the Premium Plus package, and the bartender recommended a glass of Veuve. It became our nightly go-to. We'd even order mimosas with Veuve. Which is why I was asking the question - I'm spoiled now in regards to champagne. 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:36 AM, Ommadawn said:

We were never charged for any of the champagne. Is this because it is included with the suite? Is it because it is included with the premium package? Or was our butler just being nice (even though it was somebody else who delivered the bottle of champagne that one night?

I'm curious too as we haven't had the luxury of cruising in a suite yet.  How much of this champagne and get-togethers arranged by the butler is charged to the room? or is it comped?

18 hours ago, LittleMissMagic said:

We were lucky in that on the first night, we walked into the Cellar Wine Bar and asked what champagne we could try with the Premium Plus package, and the bartender recommended a glass of Veuve. It became our nightly go-to. We'd even order mimosas with Veuve. Which is why I was asking the question - I'm spoiled now in regards to champagne. 😆

Does NCL still have the Veuve Clicquot champagne bar on their ships?  It's been about 4 years since I saw it, and enjoyed it on a South America sailing.

On Celebrity I believe you can order a bottle.  And there is supposed to be a VC dinner which you can't book ahead of time.  I swear, if you take the last seat at that dinner, I'll be very cross with you.  🙂

I'm afraid on Celebrity, I'll just have to stick with the shampain instead.  😭

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CruiserByHeart said:

I'm curious too as we haven't had the luxury of cruising in a suite yet.  How much of this champagne and get-togethers arranged by the butler is charged to the room? or is it comped?

Usually if you have a get together the butler can arrange some cold "snacks" like fruit/cheese sometimes shrimp.  Anything beyond that would be above and beyond by the butler.   Of course chances of additional "extras" increases in the higher level suites.

In a SS if the butler provided some extra bottles of the complimentary sparkling wine you get in the room on boarding you would be doing well.  Don't expect it.  Remember that setting up a gathering like this is above and beyond their normal duties so tip accordingly.

Our cruise last month on Millie we went to two parties. One was in a sky suite. There were about 8 people invited. We had sparkling wine, wine, soda pop and some cold "snacks" like fruit/cheese and shrimp. We brought over a bottle of sparkling wine.

The other was a sailway in a penthouse. Same people were invited. Drink selection was the same. Most of the food was from sushi on five. I dont know if the penthouse party had better wine served or not. 

Hello,

Last year on Silhouette during the 'around the UK staycations' the double page MDR menu had drinks on the left hand page and food on the right. The left hand page was headed (near enough as) 'Wines by the glass included in the Premium Drinks package' and top of the list were two real Champagnes.

At the same time, give or take a week, MSC had at least three Champagnes by the glass included in their Premium Plus drinks package.

I'll find out what Cunard does in May next year.

Regards,

Cublet

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Last year on Silhouette during the 'around the UK staycations' the double page MDR menu had drinks on the left hand page and food on the right. The left hand page was headed (near enough as) 'Wines by the glass included in the Premium Drinks package' and top of the list were two real Champagnes.

At the same time, give or take a week, MSC had at least three Champagnes by the glass included in their Premium Plus drinks package.

I'll find out what Cunard does in May next year.

Regards,

Cublet

Do you remember what the champagnes were by any chance?

21 hours ago, CruiserByHeart said:

You will pay for bottles of champagne if you order them - but perhaps some brands are included in upper level suites (above SS and CS).  The butler will arrange for appetizers and light snacks for your get together with similar items to what you would find in the Retreat.  We have never been charged for this.   If you order anything special (other than the room service menu) you might get charged.

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I'm very sorry but I do not remember.

Regards,

Cublet

No problem.  Just curious.  I believe you can still order for the cabin or in restaurant.  I need to check if I ordered a bottle!  I need to update my trip notes.

I believe you get a bottle of the cheap stuff in Aqua.

Edited by zitsky