Corkage Fee Question...

CTCruiser001

In the FAQ on the Norwegian site, it states "Corkage fees are N/A for those with a Beverage Package". Does this mean if we have either package, we don't pay a corkage fee? 

Just curious...🍾

Screenshot 2022-07-10 7.11.34 PM.png

Edited by CTCruiser001

Yes.   I actually asked my PCC for confirmation and he agreed it was major change in Ts&Cs.   

You realise that it is a financial saving for NCL; if you carry on your own wine you won't be drinking the "free" stuff using your Package.

My PCC just emailed me the same information and also told me to put my wine in my luggage.  It was my understanding if they found wine in your luggage they took it.  I emailed her back for clarification.

2 hours ago, TaffyK said:

My PCC just emailed me the same information and also told me to put my wine in my luggage.  It was my understanding if they found wine in your luggage they took it.  I emailed her back for clarification.

I doubt they'll just "take it" out of your luggage, or just take anything at all out.  That would be inviting theft charges (bogus or not).

They'd more likely hold the luggage for you to retrieve from the "naughty room".  Then you can either pay the corkage fee, or have the wine returned to you at the end of the cruise.

GC

I tested this policy today on the Gem 

So today I bought another bottle of wine and blatantly carried it onboard in my hand.

After the scanner finally someone (after practically holding it to their face) sad "can I see your cruise card please" the "oh, you have the beverage package, that's fine".

So it's confirmed, as long as you have the beverage package you can bring wine on with no corkage feesIMG_20220713_130122.thumb.jpg.ce6e05f1156257349f2f8258950ee24b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

So today I bought another bottle of wine and blatantly carried it onboard in my hand.

After the scanner finally someone (after practically holding it to their face) sad "can I see your cruise card please" the "oh, you have the beverage package, that's fine".

So it's confirmed, as long as you have the beverage package you can bring wine on with no corkage feesIMG_20220713_130122.thumb.jpg.ce6e05f1156257349f2f8258950ee24b.jpg

Thanks!

10 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Great news, thanks for testing the new rule change. Were, or are you able to bring the bottle to dinner with you? We were going to upgrade our drinks package to allow us to have bottles with our meal, but this new rule could be a game changer. 
TIA

23 minutes ago, David1975 said:

Great news, thanks for testing the new rule change. Were, or are you able to bring the bottle to dinner with you? We were going to upgrade our drinks package to allow us to have bottles with our meal, but this new rule could be a game changer. 
TIA

NCL has always permitted bringing your own wine anywhere on the ship to consume once you have it on board.  I don’t see any indication that should change with the new policy.  Enjoy the wine of your choice!

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TaffyK said:

David 1975

Curious, was this on embarkation day or did you buy the wine in a port and take it on the Gem?

We haven’t sailed yet, it was ziggyuk above that has tested the new policy out. We have a few days in Athens pre cruise, so depending on cost we’ll either buy wine there or bring some from the UK with us 

7 hours ago, TaffyK said:

David 1975

Curious, was this on embarkation day or did you buy the wine in a port and take it on the Gem?

The test that ziggyuk did was at a port of call. He tried to test it at the embarkation port but they didn’t question the wine at all (which happens sometimes regardless of whether you have the package).

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TaffyK said:

David 1975

I tried to test the system on embarkation but the wine went through in my hand luggage without being noticed.

Having failed the first test I bought another bottle in port and Walked on with it in my hand to ensure it was not missed this time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I tried to test the system on embarkation but the wine went through in my hand luggage without being noticed.

Having failed the first test I bought another bottle in port and Walked on with it in my hand to ensure it was not missed this time.

The only reason we would possibly upgrade to the plus is for the Starbucks and the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, which seems to have only one choice on the menu. Now with the new policy, it seems our best option would be to stick with the standard Free at Sea deal and purchase our own wine at Port, and just buy the Starbucks.

Excuse what will sound like a pretty dumb question to most, but as this is my first cruise I'm going to ask it anyway.

The 2 drinks pp policy, would that be for example, if i ordered a grey goose vodka, would the other drink have to be my mixer? Or do they class a mixer as part of the spirit price?

TIA

13 minutes ago, David1975 said:

The only reason we would possibly upgrade to the plus is for the Starbucks and the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, which seems to have only one choice on the menu. Now with the new policy, it seems our best option would be to stick with the standard Free at Sea deal and purchase our own wine at Port, and just buy the Starbucks.

Excuse what will sound like a pretty dumb question to most, but as this is my first cruise I'm going to ask it anyway.

The 2 drinks pp policy, would that be for example, if i ordered a grey goose vodka, would the other drink have to be my mixer? Or do they class a mixer as part of the spirit price?

TIA

The mixer is included in the price.

I order doubles and give them both out cards as it's 2 per card.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:44 AM, ziggyuk said:

Oh gosh, amazing!

Just to confirm, do you have the Free at Sea beverage package (the Premium) or the Premium PLUS beverage package?

(I'm going to assume it's not ANY beverage package, or soda package here I come. 😉  )

14 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Oh gosh, amazing!

Just to confirm, do you have the Free at Sea beverage package (the Premium) or the Premium PLUS beverage package?

(I'm going to assume it's not ANY beverage package, or soda package here I come. 😉  )

We have the free at sea package, you must have one of the packages or you will be charged corkage is caught.

• Thanks 1