Elua's Updated Hawaiian Schedule

Elua

Aloha Y’All!

I’ve had some people writing to us asking me to post up our schedule for the coming Hawaiian cruise season. Here is where you will find us through the summer of 2023:

Ship                             Date                                    Starting Port

Crown Princess         October 18, 2022              Vancouver

Crown Princess         November 9, 2022            San Pedro, CA (28 day cruise)

Crown Princess         December 7, 2022            San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess         December 22, 2022          San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        January 16, 2023               San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        January 31, 2023               San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        February 15, 2023              San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        March 2, 2023                     San Pedro, CA

Grand Princess         April 8, 2023                        Aukland, NZ (20 days onboard)

Emerald Princess     July 6, 2023                         San Pedro, CA

Emerald Princess     August 5, 2023                    San Pedro, CA

Leialoha and I are very much looking forward to this schedule, as we have not worked a full Hawaiian season in about 2 1/2 years. It’s going to be a lot of fun with some great memories to be made…see you onboard!!

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

Elua.jpg

• Like 12

• 5 months later...
On 12/24/2022 at 1:11 PM, Jemnibabe said:

Doesn't look like they will be on the March 17 Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Crown

No, we will not. We get off that day, and I believe we will be replaced by Tui and Maile Letuli.

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, gatorgirl3 said:

Any chance you will be on the Emerald on 6/1/23, I've so enjoyed sailing with you on two other cruises.

If not, do you know who will be the Ambassadors on that ship?

Thank you!!

I'm also on EmeraldPrincess 6/1/23. Will we have an Ambassador?

• 1 month later...

ELUA are Tiki Dave & Leialoha, they are Hawai'ian ambassadors & entertainers: on the Hawai'ian cruises they do 'ukulele, hula & crafting classes, port talks, & Hawai'ian & other music...I would encourage anyone on any of their cruises to participate in anything they do, they are both delightful people, gifted & patient instructors & talented musicians. Some people will pick which Hawai'ian itinerary they go on because ELUA will be their Hawai'ian ambassadors. They have certainallyy added a lot to our Hawai'ian cruises!!

• Like 3

On 2/16/2023 at 9:57 PM, damiross said:

Uh, not trying to sound rude but for those of us who don't know you, what do you do on the cruises?

Not rude at all. My wife Leialoha and myself are what is called Hawaiian Ambassadors. This is part of the Aloha Spirit Program that we developed back in 2008 on the Diamond Princess along with one of Princess' now retired CDs, David Cole. We are there to enhance the voyage going down to the islands, as well as on the return trip back to the Mainland.

Each Ambassador team, (there are now several) puts their own spin on the program, but there will always be music performed, ukulele and hula taught, some form of Hawaiian crafts (usually lei making) offered, and we also function as the Hawaiian port lecturers, presenting information on all the ports we visit. Along with that, we lecture on Hawaiian language, food, and are there for your education and entertainment.

We look forward to seeing many of you in the future. We have not been given our official 2023-24 assignments yet, but as soon as we know, I will post them up here and on FB.

Malama Pono!

Tiki Dave

Tiki Dave Stand Up.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, Elua said:

Aloha Y’All!

I’ve had some people writing to us asking me to post up our schedule for the coming Hawaiian cruise season. Here is where you will find us through the summer of 2023:

Ship                             Date                                    Starting Port

Crown Princess         October 18, 2022              Vancouver

Crown Princess         November 9, 2022            San Pedro, CA (28 day cruise)

Crown Princess         December 7, 2022            San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess         December 22, 2022          San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        January 16, 2023               San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        January 31, 2023               San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        February 15, 2023              San Pedro, CA

Crown Princess        March 2, 2023                     San Pedro, CA

Grand Princess         April 8, 2023                        Aukland, NZ (20 days onboard)

Emerald Princess     July 6, 2023                         San Pedro, CA

Emerald Princess     August 5, 2023                    San Pedro, CA

Leialoha and I are very much looking forward to this schedule, as we have not worked a full Hawaiian season in about 2 1/2 years. It’s going to be a lot of fun with some great memories to be made…see you onboard!!

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

Elua.jpg

Based on the schedule you posted above, it looks like you will NOT be on the upcoming April 14th Crown Princess sailing, is that correct? 😞

Edited by BubbaJo

@Elua What a handsome photo!  The trio (Kawika 1, Kawika 2, and Leialoha) was the best team ever,  I remember the Hawaiian History enrichment lectures going over and back by CD David Cole. The terrific port talks from a local (kama’aina) Tiki Dave.  And the cultural lessons that accompanied Leialoha’s hula classes.  

Can’t duplicate the original. They broke the mold. 

Passengers are really fortunate to be on a cruise with ELUA.  I ran into a couple who who’ll be on your July cruise.  You bet I’m going to prime them for this cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BubbaJo said:

Based on the schedule you posted above, it looks like you will NOT be on the upcoming April 14th Crown Princess sailing, is that correct? 😞

I’m on the same sailing and noticed that the enrichment activities have changed from ELUA to Angela. Then again, there’s some overlap with times on enrichment and naturalist talks so I think the CD staff is still working things out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Any further 2023 updates beyond August? People are asking about December 2023 cruises.

Mahalo nui.

Tiki Dave just posted on their FB pages that they will be sailing the Hawai'i cruises on the Crown out of SF; Sept 23 to April 24...I am sure he will post their schedule on CC shortly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1