Yacht Club Questions

margsipie

Hi all,

We are considering a Caribbean cruise on the Seashore in September.  A few questions:

Are there any areas of the Yacht club that are off limits to children?  Understood if so - I just want to be aware.

Is the Baby club currently open for parents to play with kids and/or drop off?

Is there anywhere to find ship specific yacht club menus?  If not, how much do they vary between ships?

Thank you!

1 hour ago, margsipie said:

Is there anywhere to find ship specific yacht club menus?

The pinned threads are fairly accurate. When I get around to it, I'll post the most recent Seashore menus that I have....unless someone else does it before I get home. 😁

2 hours ago, margsipie said:

Are there any areas of the Yacht club that are off limits to children

Not to my knowledge.  Children were welcome in the YC Restaurant on Meraviglia and, if I may say so, received extra attention from the Stewards and the Maitre d'.  

Please understand that the children that I observed were not toddlers, but, were in the 7 years old+ range.  They knew how to behave in the circumstance in which they found themselves.  

Edited by rkacruiser

15 hours ago, margsipie said:

Is there anywhere to find ship specific yacht club menus?  If not, how much do they vary between ships?

They have been standardizing the menu, at least on U.S. based cruises.  It looks like a set of seven lunch and seven dinner menus (breakfast menu is set).  We had the exact same series of menus each week of our B2B in March.  I can't speak for overseas, but of the menus I've seen in posts, many of the items appear to be system wide.  FYI, they do have a children's menu, although I have not seen it.

Edited by JAGR

17 hours ago, JAGR said:

They have been standardizing the menu, at least on U.S. based cruises.  It looks like a set of seven lunch and seven dinner menus (breakfast menu is set).  We had the exact same series of menus each week of our B2B in March. 

I was one time with MSC on a two weeks cruise (no B2B) in the Caribbean from Havana where the menu did not repeat after one week to my surprise. 

On 7/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, margsipie said:

Hi all,

We are considering a Caribbean cruise on the Seashore in September.  A few questions:

Are there any areas of the Yacht club that are off limits to children?  Understood if so - I just want to be aware.

Is the Baby club currently open for parents to play with kids and/or drop off?

Thank you!

I remember children below 16 are not allowed in to the spa area.

You will find that you may spend more time in the kids pool area-its more themed for them! The YC pool is kid friendly but it's just a pool-where the other is an adventure. I've not seen anyone under 4-5 yrs old in the YC sailings we've taken.... Not sure on the baby club...

11 hours ago, awatt said:

On Meraviglia this past February, there was a family with a young child, maybe 3 or 4 years old, who used the YC hot tub as a kiddie pool.

No staff member took action to have the child removed?  That's a concern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

No staff member took action to have the child removed?  That's a concern.

And there be a problem, not just on MSC or in the YC, but throughout the cruise industry.  Crew members are reluctant to confront passengers for most infractions since it often results in trouble for that crew member.   We have seen (on other cruise lines) the ugliness that can happen when the crew try to enforce rules or suggest that parent's "control" their children.

Hank

• Like 4

On our Meraviglia cruise, in YC, it was parents of 1 1/2 year old. No swim diaper or anything at all. I approached them and said they cannot have infant in hot tub and especially with no swim diaper.

. “ oh, she is potty trained. She will tell us when she needs to go”.
 Pointed out she should not be in there regardless. They flipped me off. Pool attendants turned blind eye.

Thanksgiving week with many “entitled” families traveling in YC. 
For us, never again. 

4 hours ago, phissy said:

On our Meraviglia cruise, in YC, it was parents of 1 1/2 year old. No swim diaper or anything at all. I approached them and said they cannot have infant in hot tub and especially with no swim diaper.

. “ oh, she is potty trained. She will tell us when she needs to go”.
 Pointed out she should not be in there regardless. They flipped me off. Pool attendants turned blind eye.

Thanksgiving week with many “entitled” families traveling in YC. 
For us, never again. 

Another example of poor parenting.  Those parents will regret what they are doing now as the kid gets older.  (If they ever figure out why they are "having" issues with an older child.)  

Too late now, but a contact by you with a Front Desk Officer was warranted.  

• Like 3

Staff won't encounter families with kids in YC.  I've shared this before.  We sailed Divinia that had an extended family on board.  Octomom had several kids.  Diapered kids in pool and hot tub.  Running and screaming by pool and in lounge.  Parents didn't care.  Running around table in Le Muse.

One day dads were in stairwell asking kids to come down.  They were 5-6 floors up running around.  They kept going higher.

Last day, moms swearing left and right in lounge how bad a trip it was.  Classy.

Hi!

Take a look at my recent thread - we were on Seaside in YC 3 weeks ago with a 3 (nearly 4) year old and an 18 month old.

Staff loved our kids and we had no problems at all. Baby club (0-2) was open every day but 1hr total of unaccompanied supervision only on the day at sea. Kids club (3-7) was generally 3 hours in AM, 2 in PM, 3 in evening should you choose.

My toilet trained 3 year old was with us in the YC pool and also tried the hot tub, and 18 month old (with swim pants) in the pool with me, nobody had the slightest problem, in fact the lifeguard was pushing the 3 year old round the deck in an empty towel trolley!