CDC Issues The New Guidance for Cruise Ships on the Mitigation and Management of COVID-19

5 hours ago, exm said:

Here's my prediction:

October 2022

- Vaccines still mandatory 12 and up

- No more testing, except for unvaccinated passengers 12 and younger

Spring 2023

- No more vaccine mandates

- No more testing, except for all unvaccinated passengers

Almost my exact prediction a yr ago, though I think even Testing for all will end then... Great Minds think alike 😎 

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You do know that we are a former British colony?

RI and a few others yes, but not any the 12 States I was Stationed/Lived in that were French or Spanish. Though Interesting Michigan was part of British Provence of Quebec for dozen yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 7/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, MaddyandMax said:

Sorry - for clarification - I was referring to the comment from someone about how its possible that Royal may get rid of testing but require you to have had a vaccine/booster within 270 days. The reference to Canada was not because I'm cruising there but because I live in Canada and boosters haven't been approved for my youngest.

Apologies for the confusion.

270 days requirement is purely speculative based on exactly that Europe did this summer.

Some people in medical field were done with their two shots by Jan 2021.

Using that as to consider being vaccinated in 2023 spring (2+ years later) may not make sense.

How are Canadians handling current RCL requirement of last shot within 270 days for European cruising? 

19 hours ago, hal2008 said:

270 days requirement is purely speculative based on exactly that Europe did this summer.

Some people in medical field were done with their two shots by Jan 2021.

Using that as to consider being vaccinated in 2023 spring (2+ years later) may not make sense.

How are Canadians handling current RCL requirement of last shot within 270 days for European cruising? 

Or if you have a booster (i.e. the 3rd shot), then you are NOT subject to the 270 days time requirement. You are considered fully compliant and up-to-date. 

22 hours ago, seapad said:

Or if you have a booster (i.e. the 3rd shot), then you are NOT subject to the 270 days time requirement. You are considered fully compliant and up-to-date. 

Comment was clearly about Europe requirement for Europe based cruises.

Are you sure those have been changed recently?

If sure, thanks for updating us.

We were told that last shot (second shot or booster) has to be within 270 days. (which make medical sense).

Person with 4th shot was out of 270 days and  had to take 5th shot (reluctantly as person was waiting for newer formulation booster) to comply with EU rules that RCL still follows in Europe.

Hope, your information is indeed correct 

7 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Comment was clearly about Europe requirement for Europe based cruises.

Are you sure those have been changed recently?

If sure, thanks for updating us.

We were told that last shot (second shot or booster) has to be within 270 days. (which make medical sense).

Person with 4th shot was out of 270 days and  had to take 5th shot (reluctantly as person was waiting for newer formulation booster) to comply with EU rules that RCL still follows in Europe.

Hope, your information is indeed correct 

My comments are ONLY for Europe cruises. U S cruise only require 2 shots, no booster needed. Here's what it says on the RCL website for Europe cruises: 

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.  

1. You received your final dose in your original two-dose vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) no more than 9 months (270 days) ago, or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster. Children who have received one dose (unless Johnson & Johnson) do not count as fully vaccinated.
  2. Your most recent vaccine dose is on the list of EMA-approved vaccines:  
    • Pfizer 
    • Moderna 
    • Johnson & Johnson 
    • Astrazeneca 
    • Nuvaxovid 

 Guests who do not meet these two requirements will need to take a test onboard before visiting some ports of call.