What happens if Seascape is not ready by Nov. 19?

kikimom

I am booked on the inaugural cruise of the Seascape and wondered what happens if the ship is not ready by then?  Would I still get to travel on the inaugural trip if those dates work with my schedule? 

24 minutes ago, kikimom said:

I am booked on the inaugural cruise of the Seascape and wondered what happens if the ship is not ready by then?  Would I still get to travel on the inaugural trip if those dates work with my schedule? 

No,

They will use the T&C and basically tell you to pound sand.

They don't care.

What would be worse is if it's not done and it still sail's.

• Like 1

I think the next cruise is December 10th or 11th out of NYC... This is officially called the maiden cruise (as it´s after the naming ceremony).

No, they won´t rebook you automatically on the next cruise. Don´t expect anything from the inaugural cruise Civitavecchia to NYC. BTW they do interporting on this cruise and you can book only parts of it (those in Europe).

So far there are no signs that the ship will be late.

steamboats

I'm hopeful that the ship will be ready on time, but let's say it's not and my scheduled sailing is cancelled.  I'd get FCC and could rebook, right?  So, if it was ready in January or February, I could rebook the Rome to NYC 17 night cruise.  It could be higher priced or the cabin I initially had might not be available, but I could use my FCC (and other $$ as needed) to rebook, right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kikimom said:

I'm hopeful that the ship will be ready on time, but let's say it's not and my scheduled sailing is cancelled.  I'd get FCC and could rebook, right?  So, if it was ready in January or February, I could rebook the Rome to NYC 17 night cruise.  It could be higher priced or the cabin I initially had might not be available, but I could use my FCC (and other $$ as needed) to rebook, right?

Sounds correct.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:08 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

No,

They will use the T&C and basically tell you to pound sand.

They don't care.

What would be worse is if it's not done and it still sail's.

Why do you keep posting here if you don't have much good to  say about MSC?

• Like 1

When MSC Seaview was delayed, they cancelled the first cruise and moved the christening from Rome to Genoa.  Guests on the cancelled cruise were offered a replacement cruise on MSC Fantasia (with at least €100 OBC) or their money back.

• Like 1

I was very lucky that I was on one of the first cruises of the Seaview as it was delayed. With all the worker shortages, the supply chain issues etc there is a chance the Seascape could be late. The good news, Fincantieri are amazing and skilled shipbuilders and am sure they will do everything in their power to get the Seascape delivered to MSC on time and in full running order!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Why do you keep posting here if you don't have much good to  say about MSC?

I love the product , the YC is fantastic,some of the Middle East itineraries are decent which is what I am doing for 24 days next April,but the issues I have had are real and the lack of customer service is horrendous.

I have 5 booked with MSC for the next 12 months along with many others. See my signature below.

The only thing that has stopped me from never going on them again is a TA. Even they don't want to really deal with them but I am a huge customer. I travel 200 days a year and I don't go coach. One of the upcoming carribbean cruises is a family cruise with many YC cabins booked.

With the issues I have had and some not even resolved yet, I will continue to post about what a POS the IT department is and the customer service that is non existent. Phone calls go to lemmings that can do very little. Always a manager will call in 48-72 hours. That has never happened.

Send an email.....that is also useless.

When you take my fully paid YC GS away and put me in a regular balcony for no reduction in price and no YC access is not going to get me to praise them. They have not made good on that issue yet, but I am young and retired so I have plenty of time.

PXL_20210925_124436611.MP~3.jpg

• Like 1