Where on Diamond is a place for lattes and good coffee?

deepwater

I'll be on the Diamond in September.  In looking at the deck plans, I don't see any place dedicated to coffee drinks.  Is there a "coffee"  shop or is it combined with something else?  I would appreciate knowing where to go for a latte or coffee drinks in the mornings.  

Also was wondering what to do about a good cup of coffee in the morning.

After looking at deck plans I pointed out to the Wife that there was not a International Cafe or Coffee bar on the Diamond. For a few seconds I thought she was going to cancel the cruise. 😁

In the morning I normally would get up early, wander the ship with my camera, catching photos of people saving chairs by the pool, etc.  Then stop by the Coffee bar for a cup of coffee and then pick up a lemon filled donut for the wife. 

Oh well, this will just be part of the adventure, right?

Bob

9 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

Then stop by the Coffee bar for a cup of coffee and then pick up a lemon filled donut for the wife. 

Oh well, this will just be part of the adventure, right?

Bob

The Lobby Bar most likely will not have a selection of doughnuts. Maybe ae few danish style sweets. 

It seems the Diamond does not have a number of features that Princess usually has.  Is the Diamond going in for refurbishment soon?  Hopefully, those features will be added.

There is a special type of a spa on the back of the ship.  Does anyone know anything about it?

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

It seems the Diamond does not have a number of features that Princess usually has.  Is the Diamond going in for refurbishment soon?  Hopefully, those features will be added.

There is a special type of a spa on the back of the ship.  Does anyone know anything about it?

I believe that was added for the Asian market.  EM

8 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

It's called the Izumi Baths, take a look at it on the Princess website. I will definitely try it in September!

Definitely the lobby bar.

The only problem or difference coffee wise between the IC and the Lobby Bar I found in 2019 on the Diamond in Asia was some mornings the Lobby Bar wasn't opened until 7:00am, port days mostly opened at 6:30am, for me that was pretty late for my morning java. Luckly like most Grand class ships the Calypso Bar outside the Lido has an Expresso machine in storeroom behind the bar and opened at 6:00am

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:19 AM, Momma Rene said:

The Diamond was fitted to suit the Asian market. I have had 2 Japan Cruisetours on the Diamond cancelled already due to Covid.

19 hours ago, srpilo said:

Definitely the lobby bar.

The only problem or difference coffee wise between the IC and the Lobby Bar I found in 2019 on the Diamond in Asia was some mornings the Lobby Bar wasn't opened until 7:00am, port days mostly opened at 6:30am, for me that was pretty late for my morning java. Luckly like most Grand class ships the Calypso Bar outside the Lido has an Expresso machine in storeroom behind the bar and opened at 6:00am

This is great to know...  I can get good coffee and a pastry from Horizon Court early in the morning and enjoy those in the nice fresh air!  Can't wait ...  another 42 days to go!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 5:08 PM, toofewcruises said:

It's called the Izumi Baths, take a look at it on the Princess website. I will definitely try it in September!

I've done a bit of research about the Izumi Baths.  It looks beautiful, however, I am not comfortable with being naked to enjoy the feature.  Is there any time that they might have a time that at least a bathing suit is ok?  I know for the outdoor one, bathing suits are required.  However the indoor one looks absolutely beautiful.  I just don't want to be naked to enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I've done a bit of research about the Izumi Baths.  It looks beautiful, however, I am not comfortable with being naked to enjoy the feature.  Is there any time that they might have a time that at least a bathing suit is ok?  I know for the outdoor one, bathing suits are required.  However the indoor one looks absolutely beautiful.  I just don't want to be naked to enjoy it.

I read in a trip report that they had separate hours for suits or no suits.