Steakhouse Questions

br76jook

Every time I eat in the Steakhouse I order 2 appetizers and eat all the bread they give me, and then I get so full I can barely eat any dessert.  I'm just saying be careful - it's a lot of food!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jumping in this thread - I made reservations at the steakhouse for the first night. Is the free bottle of wine just an open secret? I haven't seen it anywhere except for mentioned here. Is it something they're still doing?

We're going with 2 adults and 2 kid, and I'm hoping it's true that we can get multiple appetizers. I want to try as many as I can - they look delicious!

Thanks!!

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, wemjam said:

Don't hold your breath for the Wagyu... 3 sailings so far this year and all 3 was told it wasn't available.  I think they aren't buying it to save $$$  May be phasing it out too, not sure.

Oh my gosh 😢

We have had it multiple times over the last few years and it's ahhhmazing! Cruising is the only time we get it, lol it's nonexistent anywhere near our tiny town... I sure do hope it's just a pause on it rn! As long as the pause is over by October when we sail to the Mystical Magical place called Bermuda... 

24 minutes ago, sheriday1980 said:

Jumping in this thread - I made reservations at the steakhouse for the first night. Is the free bottle of wine just an open secret? I haven't seen it anywhere except for mentioned here. Is it something they're still doing?

We're going with 2 adults and 2 kid, and I'm hoping it's true that we can get multiple appetizers. I want to try as many as I can - they look delicious!

Thanks!!

Not sure if it is in writing somewhere on Carnival site (I don't think so), but I know used to be when you got on they would have a dressed waiter with a table showing all the meat and hocking the Steakhouse to try to get you to make a reservation, and they would tell you free bottle of wine.  Haven't seen them pushing it anymore with that set up, because it is so popular that they are usually sold out practically before anyone boards the ship.  As I stated previously our waiter never said a word to us, but I heard another waiting telling all their tables when they first introduced themselves and asking white or red.  So if you go the 1st night and want the wine, if they don't ask you right away, bring it to their attention what you want.

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Not sure if it is in writing somewhere on Carnival site (I don't think so), but I know used to be when you got on they would have a dressed waiter with a table showing all the meat and hocking the Steakhouse to try to get you to make a reservation, and they would tell you free bottle of wine.  Haven't seen them pushing it anymore with that set up, because it is so popular that they are usually sold out practically before anyone boards the ship.  As I stated previously our waiter never said a word to us, but I heard another waiting telling all their tables when they first introduced themselves and asking white or red.  So if you go the 1st night and want the wine, if they don't ask you right away, bring it to their attention what you want.

Thanks - I'll make sure to mention it if they don't!

On 7/26/2022 at 6:02 AM, wemjam said:

Don't hold your breath for the Wagyu... 3 sailings so far this year and all 3 was told it wasn't available.  I think they aren't buying it to save $$$  May be phasing it out too, not sure.

I had it on the Magic back in February... so it was available at least then. It was amazing!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jnicktem said:

I had it on the Magic back in February... so it was available at least then. It was amazing!

Sunrise in March, and Conquest in May and June, and Sunrise again in July and not once.  Lost count it was last 4 times not 3.

I am hoping maybe the Horizon September?  Maybe Bigger Ships still carry it since there is better revenue on those (I would most certainly assume) so they can still afford it.  

On 7/24/2022 at 11:30 PM, Joe817 said:

Yes. Vastly different. Cooked to perfection, and very tender. I had the small filet. And for 9 oz. it was huge! i had it with the sautéed mushrooms. A perfect pairing. You absolutely cannot go wrong to treat yourself to the Steakhouse! :classic_wink:

I went to the steakhouse on the Mardi Gras. The steak was tough. All the beef I tried on the ship that cruise was tough.

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

Last time I was at Steakhouse on Sunshine in March 2022 I asked about the free bottle of wine and if instead I could buy a bottle or two for 50% off.  I was told I could do that so I did and it was stored for me so we could have it in MDR, JiJi's or C de C.  I hope that deal is still available this next cruise on Labor Day weekend!

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

Last time I was at Steakhouse on Sunshine in March 2022 I asked about the free bottle of wine and if instead I could buy a bottle or two for 50% off.  I was told I could do that so I did and it was stored for me so we could have it in MDR, JiJi's or C de C.  I hope that deal is still available this next cruise on Labor Day weekend!

I know that is part of the deal too.  Like I said we don't drink wine, so I never paid attention.  But I think the full offer is free bottle or a certain percentage off another better bottle, not sure of the %

3 hours ago, Jilltoons said:

Every time I eat in the Steakhouse I order 2 appetizers and eat all the bread they give me, and then I get so full I can barely eat any dessert.  I'm just saying be careful - it's a lot of food!

YMMV but many have ordered the cheesecake to go and then you can put it in your cabin frig and enjoy it a few hours later.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, wemjam said:

Don't forget, if you book on the first night you get a free bottle of house wine.  Note though:  Make sure you ASK them when you are seated about it.  Our waitresses never even mentioned it.  I knew, and didn't care because we aren't wine drinkers, but I thought it wrong they didn't offer for those that might not know.  I heard another waiter a few tables offer speaking to all his tables when sat about it, ours just did not.

Just remember that free bottle of wine is worth exactly what it cost.  Better getting a bottle half off over the free bottle in my opinion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kevin308 said:

Just remember that free bottle of wine is worth exactly what it cost.  Better getting a bottle half off over the free bottle in my opinion.

Funny that you would say that.  Earlier today I was looking at exactly that....the prices for the bottles of vine.  If I wanted to make a general rule, on a Carnival ship you will find them a 2X to 4X the amount you will find them "out there".  That being said I know what I drink and like, so going on a cruise I have no problem paying more to have the chance to enjoy those bottles of vine we don't see that often (or ever) in my part of the World.  These are the ones I'm going for on a cruise.  A few years ago we had the chance to drink a wine deamed "Adventurous" by Carnival (looking for the picture on my computer reminded me it was on our Carnival Horizon 2018 cruise).  Even though it was free, it was just that, adventurous.  Not bad, not good.  The important part of us was that it never was and never will be available here.

aventureux.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, slimbyspring said:

We have never eaten at the steakhouse but plan to on our upcoming cruise.  Is there a menu somewhere?

Yes, Saint Greg has published them:

Steakhouse-scaled.jpg

Edited by Joe817

On 7/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

YMMV but many have ordered the cheesecake to go and then you can put it in your cabin frig and enjoy it a few hours later.

I did that several years ago.  It was a huge piece and it took me a few days to finish it. 

On 7/26/2022 at 6:02 AM, wemjam said:

I'm not holding my breath because I wasn't impressed with it. 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, sheriday1980 said:

Thanks!!

The wine is a promotion that has been running for years but promotions end when they no longer produce the desired return 

Technically this is what is included in the steakhouse adult meal:

. Your meal includes an appetizer, salad, entrée, side, and dessert.

It doesn't mention unlimited anything. Yes, some people order more than they are supposed to, and some get away with it.

I wonder if some are the same people who complain about Carnival's lack of rule enforcement?